NYC gets Free Gigabit Wifi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
http://gizmodo.com/nycs-new-public-wifi-is-obscenely-fast-1753825735

Robtard
Awesome.

I can get free wifi with Xfinity/Comcast in many areas of Marin, but it's rather slow, think the last time I tested it, was 2-3Mbps

dadudemon
I don't have much to say other than "awesome." It should be like that everywhere in a city with greater than 100,000 people. Just my opinion on where America should be with internet...

Flyattractor
Mmmmyeah I bet its totally "FREE"!

Time-Immemorial
It's not free. Just being in NYC for longer then 20 minutes you will be spending money on something.

Flyattractor
Yeah. If its coming out of the taxes paid by the people . THEN IT AINT FREE FOLKS!

Just to the slack jawed Pot smoking Welfare that like to spend all day posting in interwebs message boards.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by dadudemon
I don't have much to say other than "awesome." It should be like that everywhere in a city with greater than 100,000 people. Just my opinion on where America should be with internet...
I hope the movement that's starting in Europe to make internet a free necessity like water gains traction.

Flyattractor
Lets hope we dont' get Flint Michigan type water.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.