Episode VIII pushed back to December 15th, 2017

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NewLanceWindu
Originally slated for a May 2017 release, it's now been moved back. Gives them a few more months of polish and allows other Disney backed films some room to breathe in the summer.

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-viii-to-open-december-15-2017

queeq
Oh noo!!!!

Well, if it makes the movie better, I'm not complaining.

ares834
No surprise here. TFA made gangbusters over the Christmas holiday. Of course, Disney will of course want to cash in on this.

quanchi112
Dammit.

queeq
Relax... you get a movie a year... Not bad.

quanchi112
Originally posted by queeq
Relax... you get a movie a year... Not bad. I would rather see it six months sooner.

queeq
Only six?

Darth Thor
I'm just annoyed how long I've had to wait to see Sequel era Luke in action. That's why another 6 months seems long for me because I've already been waiting 3 years for that!

queeq
Oh chill, will ya... SW used to be three years apart. Now only one! (or two when it comes to the sequels).

JediRobin23
Good. Shouldn't rush this film anyway.

Lord Lucien
Back in my day we had to wait 16 years for new Star Wars. These kids these days, can't even wait two.

Bashar Teg
...and avatar 2's release date will be moved. yeah they know better.

queeq
Marketing battle.

Lord Lucien
Isn't it odd that the top three highest-grossing films--Titanic, Avatar, and The Force Awakens--were all widely released Dec. 19, Dec. 18, and Dec. 18?

queeq
Maybe it's not that odd. Winter time in the Western world... people looking for entertainment indoors.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.