Dante(DMC1) vs Superman(MoS)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solid47
Dante from Devil May Cry 1.

VS

Superman from Man of Steel.

Dante has the Force Edge, Ebony & Ivory, Alastor and Ifrit.

Round 1: Dante is not allowed to use DT and Supes is not allowed to flight.

Round 2: Everything goes.

The fight takes place in the city of Dumary Island from DMC2.

Who wins and why?

StealthRanger
Dante probably takes it, though he is at a speed disadvantage by some margain, barring timestops and shit anyhow

SquallX
Dante dies a horrible death.

dika123
dante wins.
dante is good at either DC or hax to beat superman.

Jmanghan
Dante stabs him.

Estacado
Tbh cant see how Dante is hurting Superman at all.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Estacado
Tbh cant see how Dante is hurting Superman at all.

Becauee it isn't comic Superman.

Its "Get hurt by everyday objects" Superman.

I'm sure demonic weapons wielded by the strongest being in the DMC-verse are capable of hurting Superman.

danteiscool
His clash with Mundus ruined Mallet Island pretty badly. And although I'm not sure if it really counts or not, but he canonically has very little trouble dealing with lightning attacks from Griffon/Phantom or whatever that demon's name is. So speedwise, DMC1 Dante shouldn't find himself utterly outclassed.

With DT during the second round to boost all his abilities too, he should at least be able to deal some pretty serious injuries on MoS Superman.

KingD19
Does DMC1 Dante get feats from DMC3 as well since it was a prequel?

Solid47
Originally posted by KingD19
Does DMC1 Dante get feats from DMC3 as well since it was a prequel?
Yes.

SquallX
Dante is not beating Superman. The only Dante that's a match for that Superman is Devil Summoner Dante.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by SquallX
Dante is not beating Superman. The only Dante that's a match for that Superman is Devil Summoner Dante. The same Superman that gets hurt by a truck, and can barely lift a bus?

Dante blocked a punch from "The Saviour", and is the strongest being in the main DMC-Canon.

Jmanghan
Dante is not beating Superman. The only Dante that's a match for that Superman is Devil Summoner Dante. Also, this is Man of Steel Supes.

SquallX
Originally posted by Jmanghan
The same Superman that gets hurt by a truck, and can barely lift a bus?

Dante blocked a punch from "The Saviour", and is the strongest being in the main DMC-Canon.

laughing out loud

I think we watch a different Man Of Steel. The only time that Kal got hurt was when another Krptonian was kicking his ass.

So yes, if a Kryptonian hit him with a truck, best believe it will hurt.

Also, Kal punches Dante into space.

Jmanghan
laughing out loud

I think we watch a different Man Of Steel. The only time that Kal got hurt was when another Krptonian was kicking his ass.

So yes, if a Kryptonian hit him with a truck, best believe it will hurt.

Also, Kal punches Dante into space. Oh, but if Dante lifts the truck. (Which I assure you he can do), then it won't affect Supes? I beg to differ, Kryptonians lifting objects in movies are just as harmful as anyone else lifting the same objects.

The Saviour was bigger then Godzilla, and it was powered by supernatural demonic energy, and Dante blocked a punch from it.

Superman is wanked so f*cking much on KMC, you must as well just rename yourself "ScrewAttack".

CosmicComet
Savior was not bigger than Godzilla. Jesus christ.

And MoS Supes broke the world engine while weakened, which was durable enough to plow through a mountain IIRC.

RadZoa
This fight is best saved until after BvS. Man of Steel Supes was still relatively fresh and didn't have as much experience. After BvS he'll probably have much better feats.

dika123
i believe that world engine have something to do with earth gravity, but the best i see is that weapon only capable wipe out the city. unless i missing something.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by CosmicComet

And MoS Supes broke the world engine while weakened, which was durable enough to plow through a mountain IIRC. Dante was the size of Saviour's Fingernail.

I go by what I see in cutscenes, and in CUTSCENES, he's way ****ing bigger then in gameplay sections.

carver9
Dante.

StealthRanger

And MoS Supes broke the world engine while weakened, which was durable enough to plow through a mountain IIRC.

If it was powerful enough to plow through a mountain then yeah, Dante prolly loses

Jmanghan
Originally posted by StealthRanger
If it was powerful enough to plow through a mountain then yeah, Dante prolly loses Dante's Duel with Mundus destroyed an Island.

He's also killed two claimed Planet Busters.

Claimed as in everyone else said that they have the power to destroy the planet.

SquallX
Dante's Duel with Mundus destroyed an Island.

He's also killed two claimed Planet Busters.

Claimed as in everyone else said that they have the power to destroy the planet.

Jesus no man, just ****ing no.

No one in the DMC verse are planet busters.

Jmanghan
Jesus no man, just ****ing no.

No one in the DMC verse are planet busters. Abigail is stated multiple times to have the power to destroy the planet.

Also, Argosax is also stated to do so, at least in the HD release, though I don't think they changed the script at all.

SquallX
Abigail is stated multiple times to have the power to destroy the planet.

Also, Argosax is also stated to do so, at least in the HD release, though I don't think they changed the script at all.

So you don't see what's wrong with that?

Mundus, the Emperor of the Underworld reign when those 2 were around. They never opposed him, yet when he got seal away at the end of 1, he barely destroyed an island. Yet u think those 2 are planet busters?.

Demonic Phoenix
The Saviour was bigger then Godzilla, and it was powered by supernatural demonic energy, and Dante blocked a punch from it.

Superman is wanked so f*cking much on KMC, you must as well just rename yourself "ScrewAttack".

It wasn't powered by "supernatural demonic energy" when Dante stopped its fist.

It's bigger than many versions of Godzilla, and roughly the same height as 2014 Godzilla. This (presumably official) size chart has its head and neck at 20m.
Godzilla's height ranges from 50-200m. Can't compare weight or volume since Saviour doesn't have those values.

danteiscool
I believe what Jmanghan left out was that Dante's clash with Mundus was so great that even when in another dimension, the power they were unleashing was still enough to ruin Mallet Island and make it collapse. The reason why it didn't outright explode during the final phase of the battle was because Mundus had been drastically weakened/beat up while Dante couldn't use Sparda's form anymore at the time iirc.

While I am skeptical as to planet buster claims of DMC so far, at the very least, they should possibly be island to country level since Abigail's energy portal thing in the anime spanned most, if not all, of the US when it appeared and parted all the clouds. And Dante beat him handily with just one DT attack.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix

It's bigger than many versions of Godzilla, and roughly the same height as 2014 Godzilla. This (presumably official) size chart has its head and neck at 20m.
Godzilla's height ranges from 50-200m. Can't compare weight or volume since Saviour doesn't have those values.

Assuming that's official, I definitely don't think its consistent with his in-game model.

We see Nero next to its head in a couple of side shots (in one example he is in The Savior's grip).

We see Sanctus standing on its head a few times, and Sanctus is not much smaller than its nose, wheres in that graph, its nose alone dwarfs people.

Jmanghan
Assuming that's official, I definitely don't think its consistent with his in-game model.

We see Nero next to its head in a couple of side shots (in one example he is in The Savior's grip).

We see Sanctus standing on its head a few times, and Sanctus is not much smaller than its nose, wheres in that graph, its nose alone dwarfs people. I pointed out that it isn't consistent with its in-game model.

But, Saviour, at its biggest (which is in the cutscenes), is bigger then most versions of Godzilla.

Jmanghan

What would you call it, then?

Demonic Phoenix

We see Sanctus standing on its head a few times, and Sanctus is not much smaller than its nose, wheres in that graph, its nose alone dwarfs people.

Yeah, Dante is also roughly the same height as the nose in a cutscene whereas it's at least twice his height in that chart.

Can't find any scaling done from the game-model though.

What would you call it, then? Momentum's more important?

~ Sorry, I was remembering that scene incorrectly. Saviour stops functioning just after its final punch. So it was pretty much using up the last vestiges of its energy.

Jmanghan
Yeah, Dante is also roughly the same height as the nose in a cutscene whereas it's at least twice his height in that chart.

Can't find any scaling done from the game-model though. Yeah, but again, his height varies, in some cutscenes, he's even bigger then his in-game model.

Its inconsistent, but I just take his biggest size as canon.

Solid47
Superman now has feats from BvS and I'm changing DMC1 to DMC4 version of Dante. Bump.

Nusa105
Since you changed into DMC4 Dante and BvS Supes, Dante still wins...

SquallX
Originally posted by Nusa105
Since you changed into DMC4 Dante and BvS Supes, Dante still wins...

No.

Nusa105
No.
Why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.