Darth Malak vs. Kyle Katarn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Round 1: Lightsabers only (neutral ground; No amps)

Round 2: All out

FreshestSlice
Probably Malak.

SunRazer
Kyle wins.

carthage
Reasons plz

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by carthage
Reasons plz

He has a beard, Malak doesn't.

Malak dies of jealousy

EmperorSidious2
Katarn

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
He has a beard, Malak doesn't.

Malak dies of jealousy
Beard didn't keep Malak from making Bandon his *****.

NewGuy01
Malak.

ChaosTheory123
Given he's Kyle Katarn, I'm not expecting a serious answer when "he has a beard" is a possible post topic, but... :maybe

What are Katarn's best feats?

What kind of raw power does he have?

What's his skill level?

He doesn't have a respect thread and I know **** all about his actual feats and accolades. Been waiting for someone to make one for him, but it's about as likely to happen as Ant's Caedus thread at this point :hmm

Zenwolf
I too am rather surprised a RT for Kyle hasn't been made...hm...

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Zenwolf
I too am rather surprised a RT for Kyle hasn't been made...hm...

You shut your mouth, it'll come when it's done and when I don't work till the late ams lol

I just need to go through the sourcebooks is all. Then format it and bam tis done.

Zenwolf
You shut your mouth, it'll come when it's done and when I don't work till the late ams lol

I just need to go through the sourcebooks is all. Then format it and bam tis done.

Well I didn't know anyone was currently making it lol, don't gotta snap. :P But ok I'm looking forward to it.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Well I didn't know anyone was currently making it lol, don't gotta snap. :P But ok I'm looking forward to it.

I wasn't snapping, I'm a not a turtle :P

I thought you were the person who originally wanted to do the Rt and hence made the joke, it was just missing the "whore mouth" part.

Eitherway apologies for the misunderstanding on my part.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
Given he's Kyle Katarn, I'm not expecting a serious answer when "he has a beard" is a possible post topic, but... :maybe

What are Katarn's best feats?

What kind of raw power does he have?

What's his skill level?

He doesn't have a respect thread and I know **** all about his actual feats and accolades. Been waiting for someone to make one for him, but it's about as likely to happen as Ant's Caedus thread at this point :hmm

Best feats would be besting trained dark jedi while he himself was a neophyte.

Defeating someone capable of dueling Luke Skywalker.

Caedus duel(?) While not overly impressive does imply Kyle was moving at high level velocities..

His raw power is pretty high up there, he picks up force augmentation and reflexes pretty quickly, gains knowledge of how to fight with a saber on the fly from Qu Rahn, and is stated to be quite strong in Dark Forces.

Though later he cut himself off from the force, he gained a tremendous power boost from the Valley of the Jedi this is supported by statements from either the Jedi Vs Sith Guide to the force or the Power of the Jedi sourcebook that say the reborn had their powers quadrupled by the Valley.

The same could be applied to Katarn, logically.

Comments by luke state that in blade combat he and Kyp are near the same level, and given the context of the statement, it implies they could give a fight or two, but eh.

It's not unsupported given how Kyle defeated someone who dueled against post DE/Jedi Academy Luke. But I digress.

Caedus considers him a threat, take that for what you will.
Comments of his power shown above imply that he should be high-middle tier.

This is all I have to add, work awaits me.

ChaosTheory123

This is all I have to add, work awaits me.

More than I was expecting given the subject is still something of a meme, so thanks :maybe

Also, congrats on posting the most complete Kyle Katarn Respect Thread to date that I've found with this one post~

Dark-Kenshin
Kyle > Desann > DE Luke > Kyle > Desann.

carthage
What happens when Malak uses whirlwind on Kyle?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.