Berserk Anime (2016)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
I figured I'd make this early.

I AM BEYOND EXCITED AND HAPPY! OMFG!

Berserk has recently become one of my favorite fandoms.

Jmanghan
Seriously, no one?

The first anime was one of the best anime of all time.

Astner
Hopefully they'll skip the Golden Age arc this time around, there's already an anime series that covered it and it was also retold in the movie trilogy that was released a few years back.

But I agree. It's a good manga and it deserves a proper adaptation.

FinalAnswer
It's a sequel to the movies

So expect the same crappy CGI.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
It's a sequel to the movies

So expect the same crappy CGI. But thats because they were movies.

No ones going to try and make an anime series big and flashy like that, they're trying to use theatrics to make it, well... theatrical.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Astner
Hopefully they'll skip the Golden Age arc this time around, there's already an anime series that covered it and it was also retold in the movie trilogy that was released a few years back.

But I agree. It's a good manga and it deserves a proper adaptation.

I hope they recap the movies, then go where the anime series left off in Episode 1.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Jmanghan
But thats because they were movies.

No ones going to try and make an anime series big and flashy like that, they're trying to use theatrics to make it, well... theatrical.

That has nothing to do with the abundant use of cheap CGI in the movies over traditional animation, the same CGI present in the teaser.

Jmanghan
Lets hope for the best and assume its only for the teaser.

Jmanghan
Ok, it wasnt just for the teaser.

BUT!

What do you think? Do you like it?

danteiscool
Haven't actually watched the whole first episode, but they basically blitzed like 6 volumes worth of content in just one sitting... doesn't inspire good feelings in me so far.

Jmanghan
Its pretty good, imo.

Aside from the awful animation.

FinalAnswer
Cuts my favourite arc

Into the trash it goes

Jmanghan
Whats your favorite arc?

Astner
I'm not really interested in it. Apparently the animation is awful, an entire story arc has been skipped, the characters are poorly portrayed and it's going into filler in the third episode.

So from what I can surmise only idiots who flock to adaptions for their brand recognition rather than their stories would appreciate Berserk 2016.

Jmanghan
I'm not really interested in it. Apparently the animation is awful, an entire story arc has been skipped, the characters are poorly portrayed and it's going into filler in the third episode.

So from what I can surmise only idiots who flock to adaptions for their brand recognition rather than their stories would appreciate Berserk 2016. Well, from what I've heard, its gotten mostly positive reviews, despite the animation sucking.

danteiscool
Positive reviews from whom?? The anime is going in all sorts of bad directions - Black swordsman arc done in like one episode, Farnese and Scorpio already introduced, filler about to begin, 3d animation... hardly anything worth a positive review.

Jmanghan
"Don't trust wikipedia, Jman!" Blah blah blah.

Jmanghan
New episode is out, what'd you think?

I don't get the hate, I like it so far, though I'd be satisfied by anything that is Berserk at this point.

KingD19
Hahahah holy sh*t that horse scene.

Jmanghan
Farnese is in my top 5 hottest anime girls now though, that girl is attractive.

KingD19
You must like them nipple-less and homicidally sadomasochistic.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by KingD19
You must like them nipple-less and homicidally sadomasochistic. I couldn't even tell she had no nipples.

And no, I like them attractive.

Dat ass.

Jmanghan
The new episode is out, I hate the animation style, but I'm really enjoying the fight scenes, and none of the characters are being mis-represented.

Jmanghan
Holy shit, that scene with Guts vs the Kushans was ****ing awesome.

They killed those other guys in a matter of seconds, and Guts slaughters them instantly.

Jmanghan
The Skull Knight looked awesome in 3D, tbh.

Anyway, its starting to follow the manga finally, what do you think?

KingD19
Skull Knight is boss. I just wonder how fast they're gonna go through it.

Jmanghan
Skull Knight is boss. I just wonder how fast they're gonna go through it. Well, they followed the Manga page-for-page in Episode 5.

According to wikipedia, its only supposed to have 24 episodes.

Guts hasn't even killed Mozgus, so you can expect a second season, hopefully.

KingD19
PROSTRATION!! -smack-

Jmanghan
PROSTRATION!! -smack-

WTF XDD

Jmanghan
Every time Guts shows up, the show becomes hyped asf.

Dude is like a super hero.

I just wish they would get Casca and go on their merry way already.

Kazenji
Haven't watched this new one, But all i keep seeing is people bitching about how bad the artist style is.

Jmanghan
Yeah, and its getting annoying.

I could care less about the animation. Unless I can't see or understand whats happening.

I watch an Anime like Berserk for the story, characters, and fight scenes, which are pretty awesome, though I wish the camera didn't fly all over the place, its like its in permanent shakycam.

Honestly though, if the animation bothers people so much, they should just stop watching it, or just stop bitching about it and get over it.

Kazenji
Not to mention only 12 episodes too

screw it, i'll stick with reading the manga.

Astner
Originally posted by Kazenji
Haven't watched this new one, But all i keep seeing is people bitching about how bad the artist style is.
It's not only that. It's chaotic in its presentation. The action is is presented in disorienting angles and with odd sliding making it very difficult to follow what's going on. Then there's unnatural movements, bright colors, and the amalgamation of two styles of shading. It feels very amateurish.

Jmanghan
It's not only that. It's chaotic in its presentation. The action is is presented in disorienting angles and with odd sliding making it very difficult to follow what's going on. Then there's unnatural movements, bright colors, and the amalgamation of two styles of shading. It feels very amateurish. Unnatural movements?...

In Berserk?....

Jmanghan
Its starting to get pretty good and epic tbh.

The fight scenes have been on point, lately at least.

Astner
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Unnatural movements?...

In Berserk?....
Unnatural movements in the sense that the characters move in a way that doesn't look right.

Jmanghan
I've been feeling an increase in quality regarding the series.

The most recent episode was cool, Guts slaughtering the Disciples was awesome.

Jmanghan
The fight scenes have gotten a lot better, and you gotta admit that.

The introduction to Griffith was pretty awesome, but he looked kind of like a lizard.

Jmanghan
So, season 2 is over, people think its just as bad...

Thoughts?

Dark-Kenshin
Bad bad bad animation unworthy of one of the greatest mangas of all time.

Antonio94
I haven't seen Berserk anime before and I'm kinda curious? Is it good? Does it capture the soul of the origin manga series? I've only followed the manga series and it's so excellent (though quite sad and brutal).
And I agree, for most of the time I see people complaining about the bad animation. However, I haven't seen the anime so I can't give my opinion.

Dark-Kenshin
Animation is outright awful and doesn't capture the soul of the original manga. Watch if you're bored. Otherwise, don't waste your time; the manga makes for a better viewing.

Speaking of the manga, it's going on yet ANOTHER hiatus. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Zack Fair
Guts is awesome. Alpha among Alphas.

Jmanghan
I don't like reading books, even comic books, I prefer any type of animation to the point I'd rather look up fan animations of fights on youtube then read the actual manga. Its just boring to me.

wakkawakkawakka
It happened...it finally happened. To all those that lost interest in Berserk before this point I'm just going to leave this here:
https://readms.net/r/berserk/354/4921/21

wakkawakkawakka
Casca is finally speaking and stuff. The arts for this series is great as always.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.