so what is Rey's midichlorian count ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

redpill
so what is Rey's midichlorian count ?

why didn't kylo simply test rey's blood for her midichlorians
before or after the mind probe

kylo told snoke rey is strong in the force, yet he didn't get a blood test for her midichlorians

obi wan and qui gon had to use a blood test for anakin

Ushgarak
For all you know, he did. But other than 'she is strong with the Force', which he knew anyway, what would it add? So there was no need for it on-screen.

Lord Lucien
The f*ck is a midichlorian? Some joylessly contrived bullshit?

queeq
Yup.

Vader could sense Luke was strong with the Force without a bloody blood test. I hope we never hear the word 'midichlorian' in the saga ever again.

StiltmanFTW
Midichlorians only help communicating with the Force, they're not responsible for its existence. Not a big deal.

JediRobin23
laughing out loud

To connect the PT with episode 7.....

Rey's miclorian count is equal to anakin if she was born from the force...

redpill
Originally posted by Ushgarak
For all you know, he did. But other than 'she is strong with the Force', which he knew anyway, what would it add? So there was no need for it on-screen. why show it onscreen in TPM

Ushgarak
Originally posted by redpill
why show it onscreen in TPM

A simple tool by GL to demonstrate how unusual Anakin was by the numbers. Not appropriate in the TFA situation.

redpill
A simple tool by GL to demonstrate how unusual Anakin was by the numbers. Not appropriate in the TFA situation. why not just have qui gon and obi wan say he is very strong in the force and have yoda confirm it.

appropriate in tfa since snoke said the scavnger resisted you! kylo ren her midichlorian count is over 20, 000. not even yoda has a count that high

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Midichlorians only help communicating with the Force, they're not responsible for its existence. Not a big deal.

agreed. not only is it not a big deal, but so much so, that it's a completely pointless waste of screen time.

Ushgarak
why not just have qui gon and obi wan say he is very strong in the force and have yoda confirm it.

Because that makes it seem routine- it was just establishing that Anakin was very unusual, which was the driving point of the film. QUi-Gon susp0ects, then he proves it, which is why he brings Anakin to Coruscant.

Whereas in TFA, Ren was just seeing Rey as force sensitive; the slow reveal that she was something special came later. So it would have been thematically inappropriate.

redpill
Because that makes it seem routine- it was just establishing that Anakin was very unusual, which was the driving point of the film. QUi-Gon susp0ects, then he proves it, which is why he brings Anakin to Coruscant.

Whereas in TFA, Ren was just seeing Rey as force sensitive; the slow reveal that she was something special came later. So it would have been thematically inappropriate.
if qui gon and obi wan said he is very unusal strong in the force isn't that enough to confirm it?

ren didn't just say she was force sensitive. he told snoke he is very strong in the force.

snoke didn't ask ren for a midichlorian count

Lord Lucien
For someone who says he hates the prequels so much, you sure do want one of their worst offences resurrected.

NewLanceWindu
why show it onscreen in TPM

Because Lucas added a completely unneeded asinine plot device to tell us how powerful Anakin was.

redpill
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
For someone who says he hates the prequels so much, you sure do want one of their worst offences resurrected.

if lucas wrote tfa it would be mentioned

redpill
Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
Because Lucas added a completely unneeded asinine plot device to tell us how powerful Anakin was. +1 rolling on floor laughing

Lord Lucien
if lucas wrote tfa it would be mentioned But he didn't, so why do you keep harping on about midichlorians?

Ushgarak
if qui gon and obi wan said he is very unusal strong in the force isn't that enough to confirm it?t

No.

And neither Snoke nor Ren were looking for something that would require such a count. It would not be relevant.

Darth Thor
Obviously they weren't going to mention midichlorians because of all the criticisms about them in the Prequels.

That said Ush is right, the mention of them in the Prequels was relevant to Anakin Skywalker to explain his Birth, and to quantify that he has more potential than any known Jedi. And also possibly to explain why Vader getting cut up and burnt to a crisp might reduce his potential.

But it's not needed every time we're told someone's exceptionally strong in the Force. And we probably won't hear them mentioned in the movies again because of dumb backlash on the issue.

redpill
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Obviously they weren't going to mention midichlorians because of all the criticisms about them in the Prequels.

That said Ush is right, the mention of them in the Prequels was relevant to Anakin Skywalker to explain his Birth, and to quantify that he has more potential than any known Jedi. And also possibly to explain why Vader getting cut up and burnt to a crisp might reduce his potential.

But it's not needed every time we're told someone's exceptionally strong in the Force. And we probably won't hear them mentioned in the movies again because of dumb backlash on the issue.

i still am not convinced. i think its enough for yoda to say he is strong in the force.

Darth Thor
i still am not convinced. i think its enough for yoda to say he is strong in the force.

Enough? Sure. But I think it was good to quantify what's so special about this boy's potential. And at the same time justify why Vader's not overthrown Palpatine by the time of the OT.

redpill
Enough? Sure. But I think it was good to quantify what's so special about this boy's potential. And at the same time justify why Vader's not overthrown Palpatine by the time of the OT.

just simply say, he feels stronger in the force than yoda. no need to throw out a number. then show, not tell, anakin doing amazing force feats.

is rey special?

Ushgarak
Stop obsessing with tropes like 'show don't tell'- it just becomes mindless to be enslaved to them. There was nothing to show about Anakin; Qui-Gon ws working on INSTINCT. The MC test was the way to show the audience that his instinct was correct. It;s not compatible at all with the Rey situation.

If you don't like MCs, then fine- but it's bad faith to open a thread like this without actually being interested in discussion. You clearly had an agenda here.

redpill
Stop obsessing with tropes like 'show don't tell'- it just becomes mindless to be enslaved to them. There was nothing to show about Anakin; Qui-Gon ws working on INSTINCT. The MC test was the way to show the audience that his instinct was correct. It;s not compatible at all with the Rey situation.

If you don't like MCs, then fine- but it's bad faith to open a thread like this without actually being interested in discussion. You clearly had an agenda here.

show versus tell is important.

lucas simply told us a number, over 20, 000.
a number which doesn't tell us anything.

it would be better for lucas to show us anakin is powerful in the force with feats and actions.

tfa got that detail correct.

Ushgarak
Show versus tell is SOMETIMES important. Your version where no-one EVER verbally explains anything is moronic, He did tell us what it means- better than Yoda.

Anakin was too yoiung for feats and actions. This was a five second part of a conversation to make the point QGK was right.

You just yelling out 'show don't tell' without context is poor quality analysis.

redpill
Show versus tell is SOMETIMES important. Your version where no-one EVER verbally explains anything is moronic, He did tell us what it means- better than Yoda.

Anakin was too yoiung for feats and actions. This was a five second part of a conversation to make the point QGK was right.

You just yelling out 'show don't tell' without context is poor quality analysis.

the context is obi wan throwing out a number 20, 000 and only saying thats higher than yoda, which still doesnt tell us anything.

since 20, 000 is higher than yoda, is anakin more powerful than yoda right now? and why was dooku able to so easily defeat mr 20, 000?

and if you watch rebels, s2 you see infants, younger than anakin, doing force push, as did asajj when she was a youngling.

if this is so important, why didn't snoke ask kylo to measure rey's midichlorian count?

Ushgarak
the context is obi wan throwing out a number 20, 000 and only saying thats higher than yoda, which still doesnt tell us anything.

since 20, 000 is higher than yoda, is anakin more powerful than yoda right now? and why was dooku able to so easily defeat mr 20, 000?

and if you watch rebels, s2 you see infants, younger than anakin, doing force push, as did asajj when she was a youngling.

It LITERALLY tells us something. You should think more carefully before throwing out statements- you are speaking like you read off the lines from another critic without putting any thought into it yourself.

Talking of show don't tell, we can SEE that Anakin clearly doesn't have devleoped powers, so working out that what is being talked of here is potential is only the slightest common sense.

What does Rebels showing trained apprentices have to do with anything?

redpill
It LITERALLY tells us something. You should think more carefully before throwing out statements- you are speaking like you read off the lines from another critic without putting any thought into it yourself.

Talking of show don't tell, we can SEE that Anakin clearly doesn't have devleoped powers, so working out that what is being talked of here is potential is only the slightest common sense.

What does Rebels showing trained apprentices have to do with anything?

hahaha. thats funny you say that. lol. laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing

in the rebels episode where the inquitors are looking for the force trained babies, where ahsoka intervenes to save kanaan and ezra, you see the babies have powers.

no mentions on the part of inquitors of thier midichlorian count

Darth Thor
^ What does that have to do with Anakin's unmatched potential and immaculate conception? Nothing. Seems like You're just complaining for the sake of it.

queeq
Because that makes it seem routine- it was just establishing that Anakin was very unusual,

Personally, I wou,d have liked to have SEEN Anakin's exceptionality instead of being TOLD all the time how special he is. And basically, in the PT he isn't very special.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by queeq
Personally, I wou,d have liked to have SEEN Anakin's exceptionality instead of being TOLD all the time how special he is. And basically, in the PT he isn't very special.

Well that was meant to happen later. Whole different issue, that. He wasn't meant to be moving mountains as a kid.

queeq
I never saw it later either.

Ushgarak
Like I said- that's a whole different issue.

Bentley
Midichlorians served their purpose in the context: don't make Anakin some kind of miraclekid but justify Qui-Gon's actions. At that point in the movie trying a longer set up would've been awful for the pacing -which isn't all that good as it is-.

JediRobin23
Recall in episode 1, Anakin has Jedi traits (see things before they happen) making him good at pod racing.

Rey, didn't need Jedi instruction to be force sensitive either

20000 midiclorian count sounds like a good number

Darth Thor
You don't need training to be "force sensitive".

As for the miracles Rey performed, she's clearly exceptionally strong in the Force, but it might also be the case that she had training as a child (I hope so anyway).

queeq
I dunno.

Even Luke was a great pilot without training - Jedi reflexes?

redpill
so based on what u seen what is reys midichlorian count

queeq
I don't care about I&(&*^&^&^& midi*^*^&^&^chlorians!! They're STUPID!

Darth Thor
Originally posted by queeq
I dunno.

Even Luke was a great pilot without training - Jedi reflexes?

Yeah, so could little Anakin. But that's a bit different to doing advanced Jedi mind tricks and TK. I'm sure she's had training as a child.

queeq
Maybe, who knows. We will find out, maybe... maybe not.

JediRobin23
Yeah, so could little Anakin. But that's a bit different to doing advanced Jedi mind tricks and TK. I'm sure she's had training as a child.

Rey heard stories about about the Jedi. Few examples that she mentioned:

"The Jedi Wareal"
"Your Han Solo, this is the ship the made the kessel run in 14 parsecs"

She must have heard the stories of Jedi powers. Han Solo also telling her that it was all real, Jedi, force, was all real

That was actually a good quote for Han to say. Recall in episode 4 he believed it was a bunch of hocus pocus...

If Rey heard the stories of Jedi powers, she basically trialed it and got it after the second time with the mind trick. Luke in episode 4 didn't know everything Jedi could do....

So, Rey learned fast but may have had more force knowledge

queeq
May...

Lord Lucien

June?

queeq
July prolly..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.