New Rumor - Rey is of Revan's bloodline

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Just saw on youtube that the Luke's kid Rey is half Revan. If true, would this make her the strongest Force user in SW mythos? Would Disney be willing to go this route?

Sinious
damn

Q99
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Just saw on youtube that the Luke's kid Rey is half Revan. If true, would this make her the strongest Force user in SW mythos?

Nope, it wouldn't affect her power. She is what she is.

Probably not considering Revan's non-canon.

Revanchiste
Still even if Revan is super duppy strong in the force naturally...
A part of his power come from teh fact he is the mother freaking art of the force, he is a poetic guy, an artist. He put some Drama, with emotions and passion, he put fragment of his own soul in what he does.

Mentality influence the force. Revan see in the deepest of his mind every move and action.

"Probably not considering Revan's non-canon."

Why the **** not..? If the EU invented that cool force power why ccan I not use that cool force power to make my action enterntaining original, surpsing, and poetic? Because now it is non canon, so all that stuff is forbidden to use??? Bullshit !!!! FOCK DAT DAMN LOGIC DUDES !!

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Just saw on youtube that the Luke's kid Rey is half Revan. If true, would this make her the strongest Force user in SW mythos? Would Disney be willing to go this route?
Unless Revan is her dad, his shitty non-canon bloodline from 400+ years ago won't mean dick.

Q99
Yea, a 4,000 year old descendant is... not exactly getting a lot of DNA.

Heck, consider Cade Skywalker. Anakin-Luke-Ben-Unknown-Kol-Cade. 1, 1/2, 1/4, /1/8, 1/16th, 1/32nd. Cade's got 1/32nd Anakin's DNA, and that's from about a century and a half or so. You'd have about that much dilution *every* century-and-half or so. Ania Solo would have a similar amount to Cade, and she's completely non force sensitive.

Heck, Theron Shan is a Revan descendant and he's non-force sensitive a few centuries after Revan!

So in both Skywalkers and Revans, just a few centuries and already you're getting non-sensitives.

Over such a long time, there's no real advantage to having a strong relative.

Originally posted by Revanchiste

"Probably not considering Revan's non-canon."

Why the **** not..?

Because Disney does not want to write around all the old stories. They'll include what they want and change what they don't.

Hey, I don't care one bit what you do. Personally I like the EU stuff, but it is a separate continuity now, and Rey is, obviously, new-canon only.

Rey doesn't exist in the EU.

FreshestSlice
Revan's son was also not Force Sensitive. Both of his children were. There goes that point.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Q99
Nope, it wouldn't affect her power. She is what she is.

Probably not considering Revan's non-canon.

Luke only got as powerful as he was due to his bloodline.

Sometimes, no matter how much you train in the SW Universe, you'll never be as good as someone else who has a better heritage.

Luke trained his ass off and became the most powerful Jedi of all time (In Legends).

Q99
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Luke only got as powerful as he was due to his bloodline.

Sometimes, no matter how much you train in the SW Universe, you'll never be as good as someone else who has a better heritage.

Luke trained his ass off and became the most powerful Jedi of all time (In Legends).

True, but that only applies when you're relatively close to the source, and also, strong bloodlines occasionally just *happen*.

I mean, Revan's parentage wasn't famous uber forcewielders. Exar Kun's. Nomi Sunrider's. Mace Windu's. Sidious's.

Jmanghan
Sidious's?

When did Palpatine have a spawn?

Jmanghan
Also, we don't know that, because we don't know much about their parents.

They could've been secret powerhouses.

Q99
Sidious's?

When did Palpatine have a spawn?

He didn't, but the point is he himself came out of nowhere.

They were non-force users he himself killed.

Also, he had siblings (at least four of them), which is notable. None apparently shared a hint of his power, and his father noted he was difference.

Jmanghan
Gotta give it to Lucas for inconsistencies.

Q99
Well, I think it's fair to say that high force potential isn't *supposed* to be a bloodline only thing. Sometimes it comes from being passed on, sometimes not.

Dark-Kenshin
That would be hilarious. And then maybe, just maybe, Revan could come back and take the role of the main character in the following two films.

Revanchiste
"Because Disney does not want to write around all the old stories. They'll include what they want and change what they don't."

I know in teh sens where this Idea about Revan is stupid.

But I said why the fock not, becausehalf of your message is wrong. Disney is not a person, the writters are... You cannot escape the old EU...

(Go read my message here : http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=622126&pagenumber=1
The 3 in a raw message.)

Yhea XD that would be super goofy. Revan would begin by :

"I started everything. That's right everything happen because of me.. Including the fall of the Jedi. How Ironic is it? The force is full of surpise, some bigger than my come back."

Revanchiste
Gotta give it to Lucas for inconsistencies.

He is cappble of making something consitent when the plot is low on dialogue.

Q99
Originally posted by Revanchiste
"Because Disney does not want to write around all the old stories. They'll include what they want and change what they don't."

I know in teh sens where this Idea about Revan is stupid.

But I said why the fock not, becausehalf of your message is wrong. Disney is not a person, the writters are... You cannot escape the old EU...

The writers don't have to use the old EU, and can chose to only use the bits they want. That's the point, it's a new continuity now, and they're unlikely to include Revan in it, and definitely haven't done so so far.

Kinda an unfocused rant, angry because your character doesn't seem likely to show up in what is, essentially, a separate story.

Revan didn't start near anything, there were two major schisms before him smile

Bentley

Obi-Wan still punked Vader.

quanchi112
Punked Vader hard.

Darth Truculent
JJ actually did take some EU and put it in Episode 7: FA. Kylo's actually name is Ben . . . what did Luke name his kid?: Ben. Starkiller Station?: Vader's apprentice code-named Starkiller and he is a part of SW canon.

Disney if they rolled the dice and Luke revealed that not only was related to Vader, but also Revan how would fans react?

ares834
Come on now. Starkiller Station is a reference to Annikin Starkiller...

And Rey being a descendant of Revan is one of the stupidest fan theories I've seen.

Trocity
Yeah but naming your kid after Ben Kenobi isn't really a huge parallel. And Starkiller was Luke's last name in one of Lucas' original Star Wars drafts.

Darth Truculent
I'm just going by what the youtube post said.

Lord Lucien
YouTube: the end-all be-all of official canon. For everything.

GenomeFrozener
That would be awesome, and also extremely retarded.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.