Raizo vs. Pai Mei

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Since people seem to think the other thread was a stomp... How does Raizo do here?

1. No shadow blending for Raizo just straight sword fight
2. Shadow blending for Raizo and again a straight sword fight

Genesis-Soldier
I shall bite

pai mei stomps first round, seriously the guy has incredible skill, very fast, iron Balls (yep those ones) and had been trained in all kung fu and martial arts styles (he predominately uses kung fu)

round 2. no idea, pai mei hasn't shown the ability to "cut/see through" (am trying to think of a better term) shadow blending. I see raizo taking this after dragging the battle out

KingD19
Firstly, which version of Pai Mei is this? Kill Bill? One of the countless other iterations?

I'd say Raizo wins both fights. Even without shadow blending, Raizo took on and defeated scores of similarly superhuman ninja and the only time he really got in trouble was when he was ambushed, his people were in trouble, or he fought the most powerful guy in the movie. But even then he always won.

FrothByte
Although Pai Mei has some gravity defying feats, Raizo still seems faster. Probably just the choreography and editing style, but Raizo does seem faster than anyone in the kill bill universe.

Genesis-Soldier
I am assuming kill bill

BruceSkywalker
Raizo stomps

Genesis-Soldier
^this works in the second round and the second round only

FrothByte
Raizo still wins the first round though

KuRuPT Thanosi
I honestly didn't get the feeling that Raizo was faster than Pai Mei. Maybe sprinting... but not in h2h CQC. Don't see it.

KingD19
Have you watched Ninja Assassin? Even the most basic guys in that world would stomp the best people in Kill Bill. Especially since Pai Mei is the only sort of superhuman in a world full of humans. All the ninjas are superhuman, super fast, super skilled, etc... Raizo fought multiple of them and was casually hacking off limbs with his kusari-gama.

KuRuPT Thanosi
If sorry but some of the things The Bride was doing was beyond regular human. That simply isn't true. Pai Mei was CASUALLY toying with her and avoiding her every attack with ease. He was casually tossing her around with ease.. just as he was shown doing in the longer version of the monk killing spree he went one. Casually tossing people around. He's clearly superhuman himself.

KingD19
Have you seen Ninja Assassin?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Indeed.. and I saw none of the fodder looking superior to the Bride. Did you?

KingD19
Fodder were the ones who killed that gang in the beginning.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Right... and they are good.. but they did nothing the Bride couldn't do. For example, if you put one of those fodder Ninja's in the same place as the Bride would they beat all Crazy 88's.. Bodyguard and O... no way. It's the typical bad guy ninja's... they look super badass and awesome at first when killing human fodder. When faced with the hero.. they die like absolute fodder. It's the reverse Ninja Law. Point is, Pai Mai was literally toying The Bride and could've her at any point. He wasn't even armed and she couldn't kill him.. or even hit him with her sword or fists. Did you see Kill bill 2?

KingD19
I know how things work. You just seem to think the ninjas chucking shuriken like machine gun bullets and casually lopping off limbs are somehow down on Bride's level. Fodder from one movie can be monsters in another and the standard ninja would have killed everyone Bride fought much faster and more gruesomely. You can't compare the mostly normal world of Kill Bill vs the ninja who are all. blatantly superhuman.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Are you claiming Pai Mei isn't superhuman?

KingD19
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Are you claiming Pai Mei isn't superhuman?

No. I'm claiming him being superhuman in a world of humans means that he won't be nearly as effective against someone who has shown to be more superhuman than him. Raizo's faster, just as skilled, and a lot more brutal. Even without the shadow blend, he was pretty much the best ninja aside from the leader. With shadow blend the fight is over in seconds.

KuRuPT Thanosi
See, I don't think you're giving the Bride, and by proxy, the rest of the deadly vipers their due credit. As I've illustrated, the Bride has many speed feats and skill feats that place her at superhuman levels. Some of her leaps and movement is blatantly superhuman. Same with her skill, she's supposed to be the most dangerous woman in the world, and her feats only back up that claim. Pai Mei fought her, and treated her like a child. What you're claiming Raizo did to other superhuman ninja's... Pai Mei also did to the Bride, and I'd say even easier. When you see the fight with the Bride and the extended version of the movie fight with the Monks... You see they don't even land a single blow on him... He was literally not even trying and they couldn't land a single blow. On the contrary, Raizo was hit quite a number of times... and in fact, almost died on two occasions from being unable to defeat his fellow ninjas.

KingD19
That's because Raizo was fighting other people near his level. He was a slightly better superhuman fighting other superhumans. Pai Mei was like Ozymandias. He was a big fish in a small pond. Being the only psuedo-mystical kung-fu master in a world of basically normal people doesn't really make you more badass.

Imagine if Cap only fought grunts. He wouldn't be nearly as impressive.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Right, but that isn't the case with Pai Mei... All we've seen him fight were trained deadly fighters. All the monks he killed were clearly versed in Kung Fu. As mentioned previously, he casually and jokingly dealt with The Bride, who herself displayed superhuman feats. Everybody we've seen him deal with wasn't just your average human. They were trained fighters, deadly fighters, and he casually beat them.

KingD19
I know what Pai Mei did. And yes, while the people he fought were skilled. None of them were superhumans who could move faster than the eye could see, chuck ninja stars like high powered automatic rifle bullets and casually chop people into ribbons.

You keep trying to equate skill in Kill Bill to skill in Ninja Assassin and Ninja Assassin is simply on another tier of power. And being the most powerful guy in Kill Bill doesn't make Pai Mei the most powerful guy in NA, not by a longshot.

It's like saying Inigo Montoya could beat John Preston in a sword fight. Inigo is one of the best in his world. But his world is far below Equilibrium.

KuRuPT Thanosi
As we can see here... The Bride was doing superhuman moves herself i.e. just as your claiming for the Ninjas. She's shown easily cutting off limbs as if it was nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3aFv8IQb4s

Guess what, Pai was CASUALLY and jokingly dealing with her. I mean it was so casual it was almost a joke. Raizo wasn't casually dealing with the superhumans he fought. In fact, it was quite the opposite. It's odd to me that you're getting how easily Pai Mei dealt with The Bride, to be honest, really puts him on another level imo

Silent Master
KT is basically arguing that since Cap and Superman are both superhuman. The Winter Soldier being able to fight evenly with Cap is proof that he could do the same with Superman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.