Daesh/Isis takes a pay cut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Q99
CNN: Isis cuts it's fighters salaries by 50%

50% paycut? That's gotta be hell on morale smile

It's the old lesson, hitting them in the wallet always hurts.

Time-Immemorial
And this couldn't go in the war on isis thread?

jaden101
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
And this couldn't go in the war on isis thread?

That's very ironic coming from the guy who makes countless threads on similar issues.

Stigma
Originally posted by Q99

ISIS foot soldiers are not fighting for mone. They're fighting for a sick ideology...

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Stigma
ISIS foot soldiers are not fighting for mone. They're fighting for a sick ideology...

You can't eat your Quran.

Stigma
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
You can't eat your Quran. I think you underestimate these fanatics stick out tongue

But on a serious note, during the WWII the Red Army soldiers were eating soles of their shoes when there was nothing left. Radical Islamic fanatics will be at least as resourceful.

Tzeentch
Red Army soldiers also died from starvation and sickness in the millions.

ISIS numbers in the mere thousands.

Surtur
Originally posted by Q99

Ah but what if they use religious bullshit to put a spin on it? Like saying Allah wants them to spend less. Or saying "we are going to keep half your pay so you don't spend it so that when you die you have a bunch of money to take to Allah, he allows you to eat bacon once you die and the shit is expensive!".

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Q99
CNN: Isis cuts it's fighters salaries by 50%

Now imagine what would happen if Republicans would approve the forensic accountant nominated to disrupt ISIS' finances.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Stigma

Several reports I have read and listened to contradict that. Apparently ISIS is very much like a business and the soldiers enjoy the perks they get by working for the organisation. I think if we reduce them to religious fanaticism, which surely is one aspect, more in some than in others, we are making a mistake and don't deal with them in the most effective manner.

Stigma
Originally posted by Bardock42
Several reports I have read and listened to contradict that.
Can you link them?

Surtur
Money is a side attraction, the main event still tends to be stupid religious BS. I don't think it's 50/50 on the whole thing. Nor would I even call it 60/40.

Lucius
ISIS fighters are driven by religious lunacy that happens to conveniently tell them its acceptable to collect women like trophies, rape female slaves as a form of prayer, and basically behave like a warrior of antiquity. Its hard to tell where religious insanity ends, and material greed begins.

Jmanghan
...ISIS doesn't give a **** about religion, guys.

It started because selfish people wanted to rule the world, its not because their "God" asked them to do it.

Also, ISIS is less of a group, and more of random people thinking they're part of ISIS and commiting huge crimes.

I don't think the people who started have anything to with, for example, what happened in France.

Q99
Originally posted by Surtur
Ah but what if they use religious bullshit to put a spin on it? Like saying Allah wants them to spend less. Or saying "we are going to keep half your pay so you don't spend it so that when you die you have a bunch of money to take to Allah, he allows you to eat bacon once you die and the shit is expensive!".

At the end of the day, it still means they have less money for stuff ^^

Yea, sure, there's fanatics who don't care, but then there's also fanatics who do care and will feel morale hit, and edge cases who are like, "Without the pay, it's not worth it, I need to sneak out." And people who were like, "Ok, I need to get by, they're in power and seem to be winning and it's a lot of money- oh, wait, nope! Nope nope nope, I'm gonna ride this out since it looks like they're going down."

Originally posted by Surtur
Money is a side attraction, the main event still tends to be stupid religious BS. I don't think it's 50/50 on the whole thing. Nor would I even call it 60/40.

Hey, if it's 70/30, then that's 30% who's going to be rethinking things pretty hard!

AsbestosFlaygon
Money makes the world go round.

To be pretend that this has no effect to the ISIS militants is a mockery. Many ISIS members will definitely quit and maybe try to escape after losing all those perks.

Let's just hope they run out of money sooner than later.

Q99
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Money makes the world go round.

To be pretend that this has no effect to the ISIS militants is a mockery. Many ISIS members will definitely quit and maybe try to escape after losing all those perks.

Let's just hope they run out of money sooner than later.

Indeed, plus it gives the perception they are *losing*, which matters a lot in itself as well.

Stigma
I wonder do suicide bombers have salary?

Tzeentch
Probably. Your family has to eat somehow.

Bardock42
I think there's also only relatively few suicide bombers really.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.