Mongul vs Darkseid hand to hand

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
A battle of fisticuffs

quanchi112
Close call.

golem370
I thought it might

Zack M
Darkseid.

riv6672
Mongul.
while DS is perfectly capable of engaging in fisticuffs, his go to move for many years has always been:
http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/image_zps0xa9czc0.jpg
Followed by Omega beams.

Mongul, while known to lounge upon a throne watching gladiatorial combat, has always come across as more hands on:
http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/image_zpse26gjecb.jpg

carver9
I would love to see this fight.

abhilegend
Darkseid. Easily

deathslash
Originally posted by abhilegend
Darkseid. Easily

Galan007
Darkseid.

DarkSaint85
Darkseid. Easily.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Darkseid. Easily Based on ?

Omega Vision
Is there a Nu52 Mongul? I only know Post Crisis and PC Mongul. Post Crisis Mongul Sr bashed around Wonder Woman, but I can't think of Mongul Jr having too beastly a record before he started collecting power rings.

At his best Mongul is a peer to Superman in h/h, whereas with Darkseid his worst showings put him at that level. Pretty open and shut in my mind: Darkseid wins handily.

Philosophía
The fact that there are people here thinking this is even close is depressing.

Then against those people are quanshee and Carver, so it's nothing out of the ordinary.

quanchi112

One Big Mob
Originally posted by quanchi112
You are a fickle poster who shows up every couple of months then to disappear into the darkness to do the same thing over and over again. Phildophile, you will get over the fact you're wrong once again. Try not to take it so personally, little guy. Originally posted by quanchi112
Close call.

Zack M
rolling on floor laughing This thread.

Philosophía
Quanchi is like that girlfriend you used to have, who's gotten fat and ugly and is jealous because you're doing just fine.

I won't even give you a mercy fuk, quanshee.

golem370
Quan and Phil in the immortal words Gold Five from Star Wars "Stay on target stay on target"

riv6672
Well, i straight up said Mongul wins, AND gave a reason why i think so, so to Gehenna with all you whiners.

Rao Kal El

quanchi112

-Pr-
Preboot? Darkseid. It isn't close at all, unless we were talking purely skill, or something.

golem370
Mainly a fist fight comes down to Skill, Stamina, durability, & strength.

Philosophía
weak guy who is abused by his gf making this post all the more hilarious. Afraid to go to the cops because they'll just laugh at you like those mean kids in high school your entire life. That's a bit too specific there, quanshee. You want to share something?

Originally posted by -Pr-
Darkseid. It isn't close at all, unless we were talking purely skill, or something. thumb up

The Marvel brigade is in full effect here, trying to bring down Darkseid to Mongul's level.

I mean, if they really want an even match, they should put Mongul vs Thanos, YKWIM? shifty

quanchi112

golem370
Somebody just the other day said Superman said Mongul was Darkseid strength level.

Philosophía
I was accurately describing my high school years. Certainly seemed like it.

Did you discover Thanos comics as you were crying in the bathroom halls?

quanchi112

Zack M
laughing out loud ouch.

Zack M
laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zack M
laughing out loud laughing out loud

Omega Vision
Originally posted by riv6672
Well, i straight up said Mongul wins, AND gave a reason why i think so, so to Gehenna with all you whiners.
But just because Mongul is "more hands on" doesn't negate that Darkseid is simply portrayed as more physically powerful. I can't ever remember Mongul (other than pre-crisis Mongul) being portrayed as superior to Superman, whereas Darkseid has been portrayed as such consistently. Even in the two famous instances where Superman defeats Darkseid, it's a case of Superman giving it his absolute all (and in one case he's sun-amped) whereas Superman-Mongul encounters aren't nearly as intense, because Superman is superior to Mongul.

riv6672
Originally posted by Omega Vision
But just because Mongul is "more hands on" doesn't negate that Darkseid is simply portrayed as more physically powerful. I can't ever remember Mongul (other than pre-crisis Mongul) being portrayed as superior to Superman, whereas Darkseid has been portrayed as such consistently. Even in the two famous instances where Superman defeats Darkseid, it's a case of Superman giving it his absolute all (and in one case he's sun-amped) whereas Superman-Mongul encounters aren't nearly as intense, because Superman is superior to Mongul.
See, now thats an opinion. waaay better discussion than "Darkseid wins. Easily". wink

Zack M
Originally posted by Omega Vision

thumb up

quanchi112
See, now thats an opinion. waaay better discussion than "Darkseid wins. Easily". wink He exaggerated showings and ignored Raker, Orion, and Doomsday up against Darkseid.

deathslash
He exaggerated showings and ignored Raker, Orion, and Doomsday up against Darkseid. and you're exaggerating showings and only including raker, orion, and doomsday.

DarkSaint85
Also, shouldn't we be using DCnU?

-Pr-
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Also, shouldn't we be using DCnU?

If we did, it would be a horrific stomp in DS' favour, iirc.

deathslash
Originally posted by -Pr-
If we did, it would be a horrific stomp in DS' favour, iirc. yep. Dcnu darkseid is way too powerful.

quanchi112
Originally posted by deathslash
and you're exaggerating showings and only including raker, orion, and doomsday. No, I include his entire history but these aren't just an example or two.

Omega Vision
and you're exaggerating showings and only including raker, orion, and doomsday.
Yeah, the Raker showing is nothing. No one who reads that scene with any kind of judgment thinks that Raker was actually a threat to Darkseid. Hell, DS was smiling the whole time because he didn't take Raker and his shovel seriously.

As for DD and Orion, they're both superior to Mongul anyway.

riv6672
So where does Mongul rank? What makes him so dangerous, in the grand scheme?

carver9
He super strong. At one point he was shooting lasers out of his eyes.

riv6672
huh that was an underwhelming Carverism.

SquallX
Originally posted by carver9
He super strong. At one point he was shooting lasers out of his eyes.

laughing

DarkSaint85
See, now thats an opinion. waaay better discussion than "Darkseid wins. Easily". wink

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Last I saw, to get on DCnU DS' level, AM was absorbing entire universes just to get up there.

PG has had the best chance, but even she was quickly taken out a panel or two later. And he just regrew his eyes. GL had to channel the Multiversal Green just to fight him.

riv6672
Stop tooting your own horn. wink

Estacado
Darkseid.
Even without them Omega BeaNs.

Bentley
huh that was an underwhelming Carverism.

Estacado remains my favorite Carver.

Estacado
thumb up
Better than the original.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Darkseid, easily.

No omega beans needed.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Darkseid, easily.

No omega beans needed. Based on ?

deathslash
Based on ? his showings against entire teams of heralds vs mongul's almost one sided beatings at the hands of a serious superman.

the Darkone
Darksied without a question, DS is superior

iceman24567
Darkseid easily

quanchi112
his showings against entire teams of heralds vs mongul's almost one sided beatings at the hands of a serious superman. Name something specifically.

Zack M
Darkseid.

deathslash
Name something specifically. him beating on powergirl, val zod, the flash, green lantern (who was amped by the Parliament of earth and all of the multiverse's earths), batman, and Dr fate at the same time. Him beating on the JL, beating on the anti monitor, beating down batman in his hellbat suit, owning big barda, Mr miracle, and Mr terrific at the same time. Mongul losing to superman, mongul's losing to superman and batman, mongul being a loser in general, etc.

quanchi112
him beating on powergirl, val zod, the flash, green lantern (who was amped by the Parliament of earth and all of the multiverse's earths), batman, and Dr fate at the same time. Him beating on the JL, beating on the anti monitor, beating down batman in his hellbat suit, owning big barda, Mr miracle, and Mr terrific at the same time. Mongul losing to superman, mongul's losing to superman and batman, mongul being a loser in general, etc. You ignored context and flat out lied. Mongul wins. Saying someone is a loser in general is a biased manner of debating.

deathslash
You ignored context and flat out lied. Mongul wins. Saying someone is a loser in general is a biased manner of debating. so what context am I ignoring and lying about? He was beating the jla of earth 2 with his bare hands for a while and tanking their attacks, he was beating on the earth 1 JL solo after having his eyes stabbed out (so he wasn't using the omega beams), he and the anti monitor both used energy blasts and we're pretty much even in h2h, batman outright admitted that he couldn't beat seid and he was also getting his armor peeled off and casually broken like darkseid was opening a can of tuna, he was casually owning barda, miracle, and terrific (who had t-spheres that were specifically made for killing gods). Mongul was getting beaten on by superman, and he is a loser.

quanchi112
so what context am I ignoring and lying about? He was beating the jla of earth 2 with his bare hands for a while and tanking their attacks, he was beating on the earth 1 JL solo after having his eyes stabbed out (so he wasn't using the omega beams), he and the anti monitor both used energy blasts and we're pretty much even in h2h, batman outright admitted that he couldn't beat seid and he was also getting his armor peeled off and casually broken like darkseid was opening a can of tuna, he was casually owning barda, miracle, and terrific (who had t-spheres that were specifically made for killing gods). Mongul was getting beaten on by superman, and he is a loser. Pre reboot Darkseid.

deathslash
Pre reboot Darkseid. laughing the thread says literally nothing about it being preboot darkseid. You've been on here more than long enough to know that we take the characters by their most current form unless otherwise specified. You also failed to tell me anything about how I "ignored context" and "lied", so I'll just assume that you concede on that point. Honestly, your inability to accept that Mongul is far beneath darkseid is astounding.

quanchi112
laughing the thread says literally nothing about it being preboot darkseid. You've been on here more than long enough to know that we take the characters by their most current form unless otherwise specified. You also failed to tell me anything about how I "ignored context" and "lied", so I'll just assume that you concede on that point. Honestly, your inability to accept that Mongul is far beneath darkseid is astounding. You ignored the feats I brought up which have always been about ore reboot Darkseid. Did you think Raker, doomsday, Orion, etc. did those things to the Dcnu Darkseid.

deathslash
You ignored the feats I brought up which have always been about ore reboot Darkseid. Did you think Raker, doomsday, Orion, etc. did those things to the Dcnu Darkseid. I'm not ignoring anything. As omega vision already said, the Raker showing is nothing. Seid wasn't really trying to fight back, was laughing off all of his attacks. Doomsday is a low showing and is still vastly above mongul. Lastly, orion is literally destined to kill him. Preboot is still vastly above Mongul and I'd already addressed this on like the second page.

DarkSaint85
Stop tooting your own horn. wink

https://p.dreamwidth.org/4663b27f3caf/-/dl.dropbox.com/u/24666928/forumStuff/1303822960892.jpg

https://40.media.tumblr.com/a90f3c23d6cad51b926e2a966bc12180/tumblr_mom90oXc0q1qcf2rso2_400.jpg

h1a8
He exaggerated showings and ignored Raker, Orion, and Doomsday up against Darkseid. Doomsday would have done the same to anyone. He was literally that powerful (unless you can prove otherwise). Hell, he treated a significantly amped Superman like a child and made Superman run for his
Life.

quanchi112
I'm not ignoring anything. As omega vision already said, the Raker showing is nothing. Seid wasn't really trying to fight back, was laughing off all of his attacks. Doomsday is a low showing and is still vastly above mongul. Lastly, orion is literally destined to kill him. Preboot is still vastly above Mongul and I'd already addressed this on like the second page. Yes, Seid was. Raker just based off previous experience cut him off from the omega beams. Seid was humiliated and he wouldn't let someone toss him around like that. Doomsday raped him. Sad. That doesn't override that Orion has the power to rip through him. Nah, preboot is close to Mongul level.

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
Doomsday would have done the same to anyone. He was literally that powerful (unless you can prove otherwise). Hell, he treated a significantly amped Superman like a child and made Superman run for his
Life. The writer said otherwise. The writer said superman was more powerful than him and that his upbringing hurts him. Darkseid is a planner not the fighter.

the Darkone
Any version of Darkseid is too much for Mogul

naurtoisbeast
Originally posted by golem370
I thought it might Originally posted by Rao Kal El
laughing i think darkseid will win here

SquallX
Yes, Seid was. Raker just based off previous experience cut him off from the omega beams. Seid was humiliated and he wouldn't let someone toss him around like that. Doomsday raped him. Sad. That doesn't override that Orion has the power to rip through him. Nah, preboot is close to Mongul level.

Jesus man you're hate for anything DC is overwhelming.

iceman24567
Originally posted by SquallX
Jesus man you're hate for anything DC is overwhelming. Meh its stale now just ignore him

quanchi112
Originally posted by SquallX
Jesus man you're hate for anything DC is overwhelming. These are both DC characters. Your Mongul hate is sickening.

-Pr-
Originally posted by golem370
A battle of fisticuffs

Mongul senior always struck me as more impressive than his son, but I still don't think he could beat DS.

Mongul Junior certainly isn't. He's not on the same level in terms of strength and durability.

Philosophía
Originally posted by the Darkone
Any version of Darkseid is too much for Mogul thumb up

Somebody lower, like Thanos, would be a good match for Mongul.

quanchi112

Delta1938
He exaggerated showings and ignored Raker, Orion, and Doomsday up against Darkseid.

You ignored context and flat out lied. Mongul wins. Saying someone is a loser in general is a biased manner of debating.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln4ml61TkK1qg1srq.gif

golem370
Let say Thanos has become more powerful over the years if that is the case then when him and drax fought all those years ago he was a weaker verison. Classic Drax tore a stars core in half and Thanos beat him. Thanos fought B/T Thor holding his own Thanos is a badass

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.