Palpatine runs the Bane gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKBart
Figured it can be entertaining.

Everybody in character, full heal after every combat, the battle area=Florrum pirate hideout.

1. DoE Bane
2. RoT Bane
3. DoE Bane + DoE Darth Zannah
4. RoT Bane + Kas'im
5. RoT Bane + DoE Bane
6. RoT Bane + DoE Bane + DoE Darth Zannah
7. RoT Bane + DoE Bane + DoE Darth Zannah + Kas'im
8. RoT Bane + DoE Bane + DoE Darth Zannah + Raskta Lsu + Kas'im

Bonus fight
Team 1: TPM Palpatine, RotS Palpatine, DE Palpatine
Team 2: RoT Darth Bane, DoE Darth Zannah, Kas'im, Raskta Lsu, Kaan, Sarro Xaj, Darth Cognus, Set Harth

Emperordmb
This gauntlet is strangely ordered.
8>7>6>3>5>4>1>2

NewGuy01
The only one that's strangely/unusually placed is #4. The rest conforms neatly to what the majority opinion has been for years, you're aware of that.

If we're assuming RotE Palpatine, 8 is probably just too much. The bonus is a one-sided slaughter for the Palpatines, though.

Emperordmb
Eh, I've started to change some people's minds on Bane's prime recently.

carthage
Loses all

Bane is garbage

Beniboybling
Stops at 6, I also doubt Lsu or Kas'im would make a difference, he'd likely just blitz them or destroy them with his Force powers

Q99
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Stops at 6, I also doubt Lsu or Kas'im would make a difference, he'd likely just blitz them or destroy them with his Force powers

He's unlikely to blitz them, especially Lsu. And spending force powers on them means not spending as much force effort on multiple other foes.

Just because someone would be taken down fast one-on-one doesn't mean they aren't useful in a big gang up.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Q99
He's unlikely to blitz them, especially Lsu. And spending force powers on them means not spending as much force effort on multiple other foes. Considering Palpatine has proven invisibly to the likes of Maul and Fisto I think he would, Lsu is also noted to be lacking in Force power, so I wouldn't be surprised if Sidious could remove her from play with a gesture.It's merely a matter of him taking the time to wipe them out, which he can do extremely quickly if he is able to isolate them even for a moment.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Beniboybling

If it were a smaller scale battle, I would agree with you; but when dealing with five high-profile opponents, that might not be so simple.

In the case of the B-Team, they weren't expecting legitimate resistance; if we're assuming this team is bloodlusted, and it's members have each other's back, I think two extra swordsmen could be helpful.

red8
Originally posted by Emperordmb
This gauntlet is strangely ordered.
8>7>6>3>5>4>1>2

thumb up

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by NewGuy01
If it were a smaller scale battle, I would agree with you; but when dealing with five high-profile opponents, that might not be so simple.

In the case of the B-Team, they weren't expecting legitimate resistance; if we're assuming this team is bloodlusted, and it's members have each other's back, I think two extra swordsmen could be helpful.
They're all pretty shit swordsmen though.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by NewGuy01

In the case of the B-Team, they weren't expecting legitimate resistance; if we're assuming this team is bloodlusted, and it's members have each other's back, I think two extra swordsmen could be helpful. Perhaps, but it's not as if they can attack all at once. A three on one at any time is the best they can hope for, while the others hang back.

And in those circumstances I'd say they'd be repeatedly incapacitated, if not cut down, making them for the most part just an inconvenience.

Regarding the B-team they did know he was a Sith Lord and even in a 2v1 when Fisto had time to get his shit together he was dead in an instant. I doubt if properly prepared they'd have done much more than not die quickly.

Q99
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
They're all pretty shit swordsmen though.

I disagree with that. Fisto's no slouch (he was also able to contribute a little, if briefly), and Agen's fight with Quinlan was impressive.

FreshestSlice
I'm talking about the ones in this thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.