The U.S Gov has been CLOSED for 4 Days...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flyattractor
The WORST SNOW STORM OF ALL TIME that dumped More SNOW then there is in the Himalayas on Wash D.C. They SHUT THE GOVERMENT down early on Friday. It DID NOT REOPEN Today.

How can we blame this on the Republicans and HOW WILL WE SURVIVE until it reopens ....maybe sometime around the Spring Thaw.

Unless the Polar Bears take over the city.

Astner
If you don't stop global warming then global warming is going to stop you.

riv6672
Everything's still chugging along. Contingencies are always in place.
Weather, War, Economic collapse, Presidential assassination, Alien Invasion...its all covered.

Flyattractor
So it getting Warmer makes it Colder and Snow More?

SO that Simpsons episode that used Lefty Science to make the claim that it would never SNOW again was....WRONG!?

http://rs752.pbsrc.com/albums/xx168/srholmes/doh.gif~c200

Surtur
Why would a government close because one section of it's country got a lot of snow?

Flyattractor
So they could stay home and get paid for it.

They are POLTICIANS!!!!!! Screwing the Citizens is what they are best at.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Surtur
Why would a government close because one section of it's country got a lot of snow?

Cause the section of the country that got a lot of snow is where the government is located.

Surtur
Isn't that kind of retarded?

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Astner
If you don't stop global warming then global warming is going to stop you.

Robtard
Originally posted by Flyattractor

SO that Simpsons episode that used Lefty Science to make the claim that it would never SNOW again was....WRONG!?

http://rs752.pbsrc.com/albums/xx168/srholmes/doh.gif~c200

"Righty" science:

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Politics/ABC_jim_inhofe_jef_150226_4x3t_384.jpg

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Robtard
"Righty" science:

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Politics/ABC_jim_inhofe_jef_150226_4x3t_384.jpg

Since when has Dave Letterman been a "righty science" type of person?

Robtard
Ha, good one.

Time-Immemorial
This is what happens when you decide to pollute the planet with Chem trails

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
This is what happens when you decide to pollute the planet with Chem trails Raiders never have been very smart.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8474/8141900843_e179d2db4f.jpg

Flyattractor
Indiana Jones was pretty smart.

Lord Lucien
He raided for God. Not for Jet.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
He raided for God. Not for Jet.

LIke I said....

Q99

You do know that last year was easily the warmest on record, right? Like, as far as we know, that is the hottest year even seen by humans.

Christian Science Monitor article

And in the DC area, we had 60 degree weather earlier in January, 70 in December.

So to answer your sarcasm as if it was serious, yes, getting warmer does cause it to get colder... the minority of the time. Overall the effect of an average increase is greater temperature swings.

Can we blame them for being big babies and still insisting waming doesn't happen because we got one snow storm in late January?

Flyattractor
Then why did they change it from Global Warming to Climate Change?

Like how in the old day they kept saying Greenhouse gasses then it became Hole in the Ozone.

Make up your mind Liberals.

Q99
Then why did they change it from Global Warming to Climate Change?

Probably because people like you keep saying, "But how can it be global warming when we still have snow?".

And because it's not uniform, some areas get a lot warming, some can get cooler, and how much each year gets fluctuates up and down in a way it didn't before, warming is just part of it in the global average. Climate change is a more nuanced name, even if global warming isn't inaccurate.

You do know those aren't at all contradictory and are in fact related, right?

Ah yes, the "I'm confused on terminology therefore it didn't happen," defense.

Personally, I find such a defense pretty silly. It doesn't change what actually happens in the slightest.

One Big Mob
This is hilarious to me because Canada.

Though this year was pretty warm and only got to minus 30 ish, last year was snowing all the time and hitting minus 50 quite a few times. Things never stopped functioning except cars. Life went on as normal though.

One snowstorm for America is absolutely terrible though. No one's ever heard of winter tires and shovels before. Or wearing 2 hoodies.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by One Big Mob

Though this year was pretty warm and only got to minus 30 ish, last year was snowing all the time and hitting minus 50 quite a few times. Things never stopped functioning except cars. Life went on as normal though.

One snowstorm for America is absolutely terrible though. No one's ever heard of winter tires and shovels before. Or wearing 2 hoodies.

Just goes to show you there is a bunch of pussy liberals in D.C.

Mindset

One snowstorm for America is absolutely terrible though. No one's ever heard of winter tires and shovels before. Or wearing 2 hoodies. It does this every year, pretty much, the snowing I mean.

Never heard of a shutdown from it before.

Also, your government consists of beavers and moose, not really a fair comparison.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Mindset

Also, your government consists of beavers and moose, not really a fair comparison.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

AsbestosFlaygon
The government is overreacting. How many times have there been a snowstorm? I smell something fishy goin on. Them Dems/Libs prob scheming of a 'contingency plan' to elect Merkel 2.0 on the presidential seat.

Q99
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
The government is overreacting. How many times have there been a snowstorm? I smell something fishy goin on. Them Dems/Libs prob scheming of a 'contingency plan' to elect Merkel 2.0 on the presidential seat.

This one is pretty heavy compared to most snowstorms in the area (while not a record, it's the heaviest in a really long time- our winter came all at once), and the anti-snow vehicles and such were thus of insufficient quantity, plus there was enough to apparently be bad for the above-ground metro... but that shouldn't last long, I expect things up and running pretty fast.

I mean, I drove around a bit yesterday, and plenty of side-streets had effectively walls of snow blocking them. Doesn't matter *what* you have vehicle wise, you wouldn't get through. Saw a UPS truck stuck.

It doesn't hurt that it's a weekend, not too much anyway. We're only losing like 2 days of work week.

Stigma

Sounds like about every other day in Poland wink (stereotypical joke)

Never heard of government shutdown in Poland because of snow. Now think about poor Russians or Scandinavians, for that matter. LOL

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Q99
This one is pretty heavy compared to most snowstorms in the area (while not a record, it's the heaviest in a really long time- our winter came all at once), and the anti-snow vehicles and such were thus of insufficient quantity, plus there was enough to apparently be bad for the above-ground metro... but that shouldn't last long, I expect things up and running pretty fast.

I mean, I drove around a bit yesterday, and plenty of side-streets had effectively walls of snow blocking them. Doesn't matter *what* you have vehicle wise, you wouldn't get through. Saw a UPS truck stuck.

It doesn't hurt that it's a weekend, not too much anyway. We're only losing like 2 days of work week.

UPS Trucks have the absolute worst off road and ice handling capabilities though.

Robtard
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Just goes to show you there is a bunch of pussy liberals in D.C.

Don't conservatives currently control both the House and the Senate?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

The GUMMINT just gave it self a 5 day weekend that they STILL GET PAID FOR....This surprises anyone?

Originally posted by Robtard
Don't conservatives currently control both the House and the Senate?

......CONSERVATIVE$S???? THAT BUNCH OF BALLESS RINOS!?????

BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Oh the Forum is hilarious today.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.