The Force Vs Mordor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
Our favourite (or most seen on screen) force users unite to storm Mordor and destroy the one ring.

Luke
Obi Wan
Darth Vader
Darth Maul
Qui-Gon
Yoda
The Emporer
Kylo Ren
Count Dooku
Mace Windu

The Jedi/Sith party will start off from Bilbo's house in the Shire ... and will not kill each other.
The Ring will not affect their minds (for whatever reason you want)
Gandalf, Aragorn, Gimli & Legolas will not be part of this.
They will have their lightsabers.

Sauron knows they are coming and has all his movie resources.

10 versus an army

KuRuPT Thanosi
Movies feats only for both?

Scoobless
Sure.

All Star Wars guys at their on screen peak levels (since the numbers are ridiculously stacked against them)

Time-Immemorial
Sauron solos them all.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Sauron solos them all.

Not a bad point and he's certainly the biggest hitter on the team. Not giving Sauron the Balrog or Smaug makes this a little more competitive. Granted he still has fellbeasts and the WK, but still, we have to remember the high end Jedi would simply force hundreds upon hundreds at the same time. The boulders and objects being thrown would only be reversed and land on their own forces. If the Jedi and Sith can keep their distance they have a chance. Problem is, they'll likely be better off getting close to Sauron as opposed to getting into a long distance fight with him. Which again works in their favor as Sauron doesn't have an issue coming out and going h2h. When he lost his ring it was for doing just that. If he tries to go CQC with the Jedi and Sith... he'll die. IF he tries to use his Magic and Power from distance he has a shot.

Time-Immemorial
Not even at full power from the grave were more then enough to beat down Gandalf.

vQNe0DmSDdc

The jedi have no shield like that and would die immediately.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Depends on the version of Sauron. Does he have physical form or not? This question hasn't been answered.

Time-Immemorial
The more powerful version should be able to do anything the lesser powerful version can.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Well the most powerful version was when he had the ring of power and still was able to take physical form. Yet that version is the one that got "killed" and lost the ring. If he's in physical form, even though he's more powerful, he's also more vulnerable. If he tries to go melee vs. melee like he was shown doing in the fellowship... he gets curbed.

Time-Immemorial
Im guessing we are going off lesser powerful version, since that is pretty much his status the entire time except for 30 seconds in the very first movie.

Scoobless
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Depends on the version of Sauron. Does he have physical form or not? This question hasn't been answered.

I figured it was clear due to the scenario.

This quest starts from the same point of time Frodo got the ring in the Shire, so Sauron would be a giant evil fiery eye.

Yes, I'm in the middle of rewatching LOTR and I just recently saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Time-Immemorial
Thanks for Clarifying.

That said : Sauron shit stomps

StealthRanger
Sauron could prolly mop the SW cast

Even at his weakest he's intangible and shit

Inhuman
The force users use the force/Mind tricks to get the Eagles to fly them to Mount Doom to drop the ring in the lava.

Time-Immemorial
Yea he's so far up there in power in his weakest form he could wreck pretty much anyone short of another intangible like SS or DM.

StealthRanger
If only the ring didn't have mind control powers of it own (or some form of mental power)

Time-Immemorial
It's only serves Sauronsmile

Scoobless
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Sauron could prolly mop the SW cast

Even at his weakest he's intangible and shit

Am I remembering something wrong? I don't recall Sauron doing ANYTHING by himself in the LOTR movies (during his disembodied state time) he always had his minions acting for him.

StealthRanger
Destroyed a pretty large part of Dol Guldur as an indirect use of his power, which outclasses anything in the SW movies

And he's a good notch stronger than SW characters going solely by the movies too

Scoobless
Destroyed a pretty large part of Dol Guldur as an indirect use of his power, which outclasses anything in the SW movies

And he's a good notch stronger than SW characters going solely by the movies too

Dol Guldar?

embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment

Time-Immemorial
It was a huge castle. He wrecked it.

He also wrecked a fully powered Gandalf with ease.

Scoobless
In LOTR? Wasn't that a Hobbit thing?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Yea he's so far up there in power in his weakest form he could wreck pretty much anyone short of another intangible like SS or DM.

I would also keep in mind that he lost a direct battle with the Lady, and she vanquished him. So clearly he can be defeated. To say nothing of the fact that he's been "killed" going on like 5 times now. I get your point, and he's a heavy hitter for sure, just not THAT heavy

KuRuPT Thanosi
It was a huge castle. He wrecked it.

He also wrecked a fully powered Gandalf with ease.

Minor correction, I wouldn't say he was full powered. If he's in Valinor or when he returned as Gandalf the White he was more powerful.

Time-Immemorial
Yea but she was basically the ultimate nullifier for him. So thats really not a bad showing. She was the like Kurse to Thor.

Gandalf in a straight up fight would curb stomp her and he took down Balrog as well who was a minion of Sauron from the books iirc.

In this fight against this team, they literally can't do anything to him, their force powers cannot even touch him, they have no shields and his Tk is way beyond theirs and he has uber disintegration powers. If you watch the bridge as Gandalf slowly loses his shield it just vanishes, as did his magic staff.

Time-Immemorial
Minor correction, I wouldn't say he was full powered. If he's in Valinor or when he returned as Gandalf the White he was more powerful.

Possibly, but in that form he beat Balrog.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Yea but she was basically the ultimate nullifier for him. So thats really not a bad showing. She was the like Kurse to Thor.

Gandalf in a straight up fight would curb stomp her and he took down Balrog as well who was a minion of Sauron from the books iirc.

In this fight against this team, they literally can't do anything to him, their force powers cannot even touch him, they have no shields and his Tk is way beyond theirs and he has uber disintegration powers. If you watch the bridge as Gandalf slowly loses his shield it just vanishes, as did his magic staff.

Again, just a few things to note. She wasn't his kryptonite or anything like that. She wasn't meant to beat him, nor did she have anything special about her that made her have a better chance against him. She simply vanquished him with her power.

I don't believe the Balrog was a minion of Sauron

True, he is pretty damn badass. Just note though, I would say by feats his TK is any better. We didn't really see him do much with his TK besides levitate Gandalf or the like. He had some kind of disintegration powers, but again, that's not TK. I'd say the Jedi/Sith have decisively better TK feats than Sauron. That said, I understand your point, and they'd have a hard time putting him down

Time-Immemorial
I see it a bit difference in raw power, not only was he able to lift and restrain Gandalf, torch his staff, destroy his shield and the entire castle, but he did it all at the same time. But in the end we both agree his power is too great for the jedi.

TheVaultDweller
Forces of Mordor win.

StealthRanger
I would also keep in mind that he lost a direct battle with the Lady, and she vanquished him. So clearly he can be defeated. To say nothing of the fact that he's been "killed" going on like 5 times now. I get your point, and he's a heavy hitter for sure, just not THAT heavy

That simply means Galadriel is that strong. Considering she punted him across a continent, yeah, not really much of a low end showing

Khazra Reborn
Do the force users replace the party from LotR, and simply have to accomplish the same quest, with all the assistance afforded to Aragorn and co.? Or do they literally have to solo Sauron's whole army?

If it's the latter, that shits never happening in a million years.

Scoobless
Once again, LOTR versions and feats ONLY. Nothing from The Hobbit, the flashbacks or any of the books is valid. This was never meant to have Sauron step into the fight as he never did that at any point during The Frodo timeline.
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Do the force users replace the party from LotR, and simply have to accomplish the same quest, with all the assistance afforded to Aragorn and co.? Or do they literally have to solo Sauron's whole army?

If it's the latter, that shits never happening in a million years.
They are trying to move from the Shire to Mordor to destroy the ring. They don't have the original main cast to help them, if they can convince people/elves to help without Aragorn's/Gandalf's assistance then they can have the help. But Sauron is aware of them.

StealthRanger
Well there's still the Balrog, who's equal to Gandalf who was briefly able to stand up to Sauron's energy tendrils, and Saruman who>

Galadriel also punted Sauron's ass across a continent, hate to get on her bad side

FrothByte
The Jedis can just collapse the bridge of the Balrog. Or they can simply outrun it. They will definitely be faster than a bunch of hobbitd slowing down the group.

The biggest problem they'll face is overwhelming numbers. Clone wars proved that Jedis can be brought down with superior numbers. I don't see them surviving the orc army if they're caught in the open.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Well there's still the Balrog, who's equal to Gandalf who was briefly able to stand up to Sauron's energy tendrils, and Saruman who>

Galadriel also punted Sauron's ass across a continent, hate to get on her bad side

The Balrog wasn't a part of Sauron's army though. He had no allegiance to him. So I don't even think he's a part of this fight nor that they would have to go through him to get to Mordor. Even if so, the Balrog wasn't displaying any power other than basic h2h melee combat. He's supposed to be a maiar, but doesn't display any power like that. So if he's just going to come at the Jedi in the same fashion.. they easily TK destroy the bridge or easily TK push him down the pit. In either case, I see no issue there.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by FrothByte
The Jedis can just collapse the bridge of the Balrog. Or they can simply outrun it. They will definitely be faster than a bunch of hobbitd slowing down the group.

The biggest problem they'll face is overwhelming numbers. Clone wars proved that Jedis can be brought down with superior numbers. I don't see them surviving the orc army if they're caught in the open.

You'll have to remember... they likely won't have to deal with nearly the numbers you are thinking. They would likely TP vast numbers of Orcs and have them start fighting ones they haven't TP'd. They would surprise many and kill many unsuspecting Orcs. TP and TK deal with most of the Fodder. Pretty easily really.

Inhuman
Even if the Jedis get killed the can come back as Force Ghosts and steamroll like the Ghost Army did.

thumb up

FrothByte
You'll have to remember... they likely won't have to deal with nearly the numbers you are thinking. They would likely TP vast numbers of Orcs and have them start fighting ones they haven't TP'd. They would surprise many and kill many unsuspecting Orcs. TP and TK deal with most of the Fodder. Pretty easily really.

I don't recall any of the Jedi's displaying the power to mind control others to the point where they fightbfor them.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by FrothByte
I don't recall any of the Jedi's displaying the power to mind control others to the point where they fightbfor them.

Well the emperor used TP to block the all the Jedi from knowing he was sitting right under their noses. What makes it even more impressive, is the Jedi temple is located ON a lightside nexus, in other words, they are amped just being there. Yet he was still able to cloud ALL their minds to hide his existence.

In a new hope - Finding the droids was one of the upmost priorities for the Emperor and Vader. Yet, Obi-wan casually made them go "These aren't the droid we're looking for" Even though they were. i.e. making them do something against their will.

Even in the latest movie, Rey was important to them and the soldiers knew it... Yet with noob level TP.. she was able to make them let her go.

Point is, if they can make people do something they were specifically ordered to not let happen... that is the same thing as making them fight one another. One isn't worse than the other. They are both making people do stuff against their will

FrothByte
That's a no limits fallacy. Just becuase Rey and Obiwan were able to make people give in to suggestions doesn't mean that jedi's now have the power of complete mind control.

StealthRanger
The Balrog wasn't a part of Sauron's army though. He had no allegiance to him. So I don't even think he's a part of this fight nor that they would have to go through him to get to Mordor. Even if so, the Balrog wasn't displaying any power other than basic h2h melee combat. He's supposed to be a maiar, but doesn't display any power like that. So if he's just going to come at the Jedi in the same fashion.. they easily TK destroy the bridge or easily TK push him down the pit. In either case, I see no issue there.

Balrog has some kind of logia intangibility and can create weapons from it's own being or some shit like that. Ontop of being pretty superhumanly physically powerful

Surtur
Originally posted by Inhuman
The force users use the force/Mind tricks to get the Eagles to fly them to Mount Doom to drop the ring in the lava.

Dude did you just imply giant flying eagles are weak minded?

Inhuman
Originally posted by Surtur
Dude did you just imply giant flying eagles are weak minded?

Maybe not in the books, but in the films we dont get any indication that they are smarter than your average Eagle. Granted Eagles are some of the smartest birds around.

Estacado
If the fellowship and 2 hobbits can do it then sure can.these guys.

Sauron knew Frodo had the ring yet he didnt do shit about it.

He sent the nazguls to hunt him but anyone on the team could handle them.

Surtur
Originally posted by Inhuman
Maybe not in the books, but in the films we dont get any indication that they are smarter than your average Eagle. Granted Eagles are some of the smartest birds around.

A baby eagle is crying right now thanks to you.

StealthRanger
Not seeing what'd stop the ring from controlling the Eagles, let's not do that memetic "lawl Eagles fly teh Ring to Mt. Doom and drop it" shite

Besides, Eagles avoid civilization for a reason (that being, shot down by arrows IIRC)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.