TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
new game has been officially announced.. will anyone buy?

http://www.superherohype.com/news/363961-announcement-trailer-for-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-mutants-in-manhattan

Demonic Phoenix
Platinum Games? Yeah, I will.

-Pr-
Yeah that was the one thing that stood out to me at first. Platinum games means at the very least i'll give it a look.

BloodRawEngine
I was stoked to hell over Devastation and still play it today. All I had asked for since was for Platinum to take on the TMNT license, so basically this is about a dream come true right now. I'd also thought taking on a look akin to the IDW comics continuity would work, and that's actually what the art style seems to harken to right now, so my guess is that if it's gonna be in any pre-existing continuity, it's that one.

I'm only hoping it's a little longer than Devastation, and for the soundtrack to kick just as much ass.

cdtm
I grew up in the middle of Turtle fever. People married with kids now are like "I wanna see that movie" whenever something new come along.

So yeah, this will be a pre order for me. My first ever. smile

Jmanghan
After Out of the Shadows, count me out for this one.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Jmanghan
After Out of the Shadows, count me out for this one.

This one is done by Platinum Games

so its going to be better then that last one.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kazenji

Not all of Platinum Games' are good.

Jmanghan
Their last licensed game was awful.

Legend of Korra.

cdtm
Their last was Transformers Devastation, which was awesome.

Kazenji
^ Yeah what he said.

BruceSkywalker
as for me , I will buy...

i'll beat up everybody as Leo big grin

cdtm
Mikey. smile

cdtm
v=aYCfDjpJPlI

Looks like they're going with the 1990's movie look, over the cartoons.

Thank god it's not Bayturtles.

Edit: Now I see it. It's definately based on IDW designs.

Cell shading gives it a 90's movie ish feel though.

Khazra Reborn
The online co-op sounds great, I hope their are some bonus characters to play as outside of just the four brothers, a few of the Mighty Mutanimals would be cool.

cdtm
I'd settle for Casey Jones.

And would pay double the price for Miyamoto Usagi.

Never gonna happen, but a guy can dream..

Quincy
USAGI HELL YEAH

cdtm
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-57KNv-JyQuY/U_SadvOp6mI/AAAAAAAAf90/zT1OQ-_O9uU/s1600/usagi16.jpg

Surtur
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Platinum Games? Yeah, I will.

What good games have they made? Any on PC?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by cdtm
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-57KNv-JyQuY/U_SadvOp6mI/AAAAAAAAf90/zT1OQ-_O9uU/s1600/usagi16.jpg

Usagi could get a DLC

Kazenji
Originally posted by Surtur

Well there's some that are multi-platform that made it to the PC

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
The Legend of Korra
Transformers: Devastation

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Surtur

When most of them were at Clover Studios, they made Ōkami (imho their best game ever), God Hand and the Viewtiful Joe games. All 3 are classics in their own way.
As PlatinumGames, they've made Vanquish, Bayonetta & Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101, Metal Gear: Revengeance, and Transformers: Devastation.

The last 2 are the only ones out on PC that are good in my opinion.

Devastation is something of a G1 fan's wet dream. Now all they need is a very good Beast Wars inspired game.

Legend of Korra was out on PC too, and it was a decent, but kind of repetitive, game.

cdtm
At least Korra was budget price, though. Devastation being mediocre at full price would have killed them.

I could spend a good half hour/hour just role playing as Grimlock tearing up the Autobots in S1 G1, or beating down IDW Optimus and Megatron when he finds out Prime basically let Megatron off the hook when the war ended. smile

Ridley_Prime
I'm sure this game will be panned by the Turtles in Time imperialists no matter how good or bad it actually is. Definitely considering and anticipating this though. Actually enjoyed Out of the Shadows, even though I see why others may not have.

cdtm
Turtles in Time is definately overrated.

It's good, sure. Especially the SNES version. But there's been plenty of other decent Turtle games, imo.

Then again, I'm a weirdo who actually enjoyed the original NES game. smile

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Kazenji

Yea and out of the shadows had a lot of good things going for it but it was rushed

jinXed by JaNx
Turtles in Time is definately overrated.

It's good, sure. Especially the SNES version. But there's been plenty of other decent Turtle games, imo.

Then again, I'm a weirdo who actually enjoyed the original NES game. smile

If you grew up with snes, turtles in time is not overrated. It set a standard that was rarely challenged and even more rarely realized in beat em ups

cdtm
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
If you grew up with snes, turtles in time is not overrated. It set a standard that was rarely challenged and even more rarely realized in beat em ups

That would be Streets of Rage. stick out tongue

*** was all kinds of awesome, but it was also a bit repetitive, like most brawlers.

For my money, Streets of Rage 3 and Double Dragon 3 were benchmarks of the era. (DD3 was as close to Platinum Games awesome as you'll get for the era.)

Demonic Phoenix
qx6e3gxSoJ4

Lookin' good. I hope they make traversal a little better though. Looks cool, but I think it'll feel very stale very fast.

cdtm
That's what they said about God Hand and Devastation. Devs and journalists aren't usually a good benchmark. You can't really tell much about a Platinum style game until you dig into the fighting mechanics.

Demonic Phoenix
Oh yeah, I know. I was just making a small remark about what I think about the platforming. Though yeah, it's just based on watching it.

BloodRawEngine
The platforming/traversal mechanics look pretty damn awesome to me. From livening up the control scheme to what looks like adding an extra layer to battle, it's a real step-up from what I can admit to being a nitpick I had with Devastation's level design. Hell, I think if it turns out well in this game, touching up on it would make it an ideal mechanic for a Metal Gear Rising sequel if that ever becomes a possibility.

Kazenji
Oh well....Platinum Games failed this time.

cdtm
Anyone else played it?

Looking at a $19.99 "sale" right now. I really hate downloading games vs owning a physical copy, but if it's good I'd consider it.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix

Devastation is something of a G1 fan's wet dream. Now all they need is a very good Beast Wars inspired game.

No, that was War for Cybertron.

Devastation is a piece of shit.

jinXed by JaNx
Anyone else played it?

Looking at a $19.99 "sale" right now. I really hate downloading games vs owning a physical copy, but if it's good I'd consider it.

4/10

Kazenji

no expression

cdtm
No, that was War for Cybertron.

Fall for Cybetron, actually. War was just an "ok" Gears ripoff, FoC felt more like playing a Transformers show.

Devastation is bad if yiu're not into Platinum style. For my money, the story was right out of the cartoon, and the gameplay was fun.

I could spend an evening just beating on Prime and Megatron using Grimlock with a big arsed hammer.

jinXed by JaNx
Fall for Cybetron, actually. War was just an "ok" Gears ripoff, FoC felt more like playing a Transformers show.

Devastation is bad if yiu're not into Platinum style. For my money, the story was right out of the cartoon, and the gameplay was fun.

I could spend an evening just beating on Prime and Megatron using Grimlock with a big arsed hammer.

War for Cybertron was the better game between, War and Fall. It was a great story written for complete fan service. I fail to see your comparison to Gears of War. The two games play nothing alike. The only similarities i can see are the muted color pallets.

Devastation was a mindless beat em up with no depth or variation.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.