Teen Girl Defends herself against Sexual Assault; will now face legal reprocussions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
Mmmmkay.

Here is my opinion: the people prosecuting this should be pepper-sprayed in the face and then smacked in the face for being so stupid. This includes any magistrate/judge involved, as well.

Opposing opinion: "But pepper-spray is illegal and she assaulted someone in an illegal manner."

My counter-argument: "Then change the stupid ****ing law! She's not in the wrong, the law is in the wrong. If she can't have a gun, can't use a knife (I assume they can't use a knife to protect themselves), then her options are a less lethal taser or a the non-lethal pepper-spray."

Okay, thoughts? Am I wrong? Am I right? What do you think about this situation?

http://www.thelocal.dk/20160126/danish-teen-fought-off-her-attacker-with-pepper-spray-now-shell-face-fine

Time-Immemorial
And you see, Liberals want to turn us into Europe. One could say that liberalism is almost identical to retardation.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
And you see, Liberals want to turn us into Europe. One could say that liberalism is almost identical to retardation. There's a big difference between banning shit like heavy firearms and pepperspray.

EDIT: As for the thread, she shouldn't face any consequences, it's about time peolpe step up and defend themself

Time-Immemorial
Then why is pepper spray banned and why is this girl being thrown in jail?

-Pr-
Europe isn't one country...

dadudemon
Originally posted by Parmaniac
There's a big difference between banning shit like heavy firearms and pepperspray.

I agree. The girl should get to use pepperspray if she needs to genuinely defend herself. But I can't justify her having a fully automatic Uzi with a 100 round magazine.

For some reason, I can't picture her reasonably defending herself with this gun:

Z9MO3dIOtMM

laugh

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by -Pr-

Your right, its just one big union in which they pretty much have all the same laws, currency and passive borders that Isis can easily exploit.

dadudemon

I checked the thread...no one said that. Who are you responding to?

Surtur
Just be glad this wasn't a migrant who attacked her. She'd be told she brought it upon herself and then thrown in jail.

Though some people are using language rules to keep migrants out:

http://www.thelocal.dk/20160118/danish-nightclubs-use-language-rules-to-keep-refugees-out

Some Danish clubs are not allowing anyone who doesn't speak danish, german, or english to enter.

I can't say I blame them. When you make people afraid to leave their homes you've essentially snatched their city away from them.

-Pr-
Your right, its just one big union in which they pretty much have all the same laws, currency and passive borders that Isis can easily exploit.

Way to be totally vague and to ignore all the differences. Hell, there are European countries that aren't even in the EU.

Originally posted by dadudemon
I checked the thread...no one said that. Who are you responding to?

Ti talking about "turning the US in to Europe".

dadudemon
Way to be totally vague and to ignore all the differences. Hell, there are European countries that aren't even in the EU.

Ti talking about "turning the US in to Europe".

The US, while very culturally diverse, is not as culturally diverse as each European country, I agree. However, there are generalities which can be applied to each of them (the US and the EU).

-Pr-
The US, while very culturally diverse, is not as culturally diverse as each European country, I agree. However, there are generalities which can be applied to each of them (the US and the EU).

Sure, I'd agree with that. I'm just not convinced that was what TI was doing.

Time-Immemorial
Find someone else to quote and talk about PR, its getting pretty old. On top of it, I never said Europe was one state. So get off.

-Pr-
Find someone else to quote and talk about PR, its getting pretty old. On top of it, I never said Europe was one state. So get off.

lol. Sure, buddy.

Time-Immemorial
You never post in here unless its directed to me, again, its getting old. And on top of it, you were wrong, I never said Europe was a single state.

Surtur
It just seems like everyday the situation just spirals more and more out of control. I think it's time to go into the mode of "we need to make our own citizens our #1 priority".

-Pr-
You never post in here unless its directed to me, again, its getting old. And on top of it, you were wrong, I never said Europe was a single state.

Don't tell lies, TI. It's unbecoming.

Time-Immemorial
Wrong is wrong and you are wrong, but go ahead and keep derailing over something I never said. Quit being stupid, its also un becoming.

-Pr-
Wrong is wrong and you are wrong, but go ahead and keep derailing over something I never said. Quit being stupid, its also un becoming.

Why are you accusing me of things I haven't said or done?

I'd like to get back on topic, you know.

Time-Immemorial
I could really care less what kind of mood you are in PR, either back your claim of me saying Europe was one state, or kindly stfu and get off.

Robtard
PR's point was that you said "turning us into Europe", when laws are not equal across all of Europe, eg Pepper-spray may be legal in say Germany or Spain or Italy, oh my.

Anyhow, topic: the situation is stupid, it's a shame she's being charged in defending herself using a non-lethal form of defense. Denmark used to be filled with Vikings, now we have this. What happened.

-Pr-
I could really care less what kind of mood you are in PR, either back your claim of me saying Europe was one state, or kindly stfu and get off.

I never said you said it was one state. I said country, and you called it one big union.

So why aren't we getting back on topic, again?

Originally posted by Robtard
PR's point was that you said "turning us into Europe", when laws are not equal across all of Europe, eg Pepper-spray may be legal in say Germany or Spain or Italy, oh my.

Anyhow, topic: the situation is stupid, it's a shame she's being charged in defending herself using a non-lethal form of defense. Denmark used to be filled with Vikings, now we have this. What happened.

illegal pepper spray or not, she used it in self defence. That really should be considered.

Astner
If someone breaks the law they should be prosecuted. No ifs or buts.

This includes the woman who carried and used the pepper spray as well as the man who allegedly attempted to rape the woman.

Time-Immemorial
Denmark used to be filled with Vikings, now we have this. What happened.

They got their nuts chopped of by liberalism.

Time-Immemorial
I never said you said it was one state. I said country, and you called it one big union.

Nice sharpshooting, and yes I did say it was a union. Prove me wrong.

Parmaniac

Robtard
Originally posted by Astner
If someone breaks the law they should be prosecuted. No ifs or buts.

This includes the woman who carried and used the pepper spray as well as the man who allegedly attempted to rape the woman.

There are "ifs" and "buts" though in regards to a potentially stupid and harmful law. Why laws can and have been changed once shown to be stupid and/or harmful.

Surtur
Denmark used to be filled with Vikings, now we have this. What happened.

Where is Eric Northman when you need him?

Time-Immemorial
He was prolly neutered

-Pr-
Nice sharpshooting, and yes I did say it was a union. Prove me wrong.

Four European countries aren't in the EU, and a lot of laws vary across the EU itself.

So your point is ignorant at worst, misleading at best.

Time-Immemorial
Nah, your just stupid, I cant help that. Come back when you can disprove Europe is a not really mostly a union based on 4 countries. And who did I mislead on a dead movie forum?

Robtard
They got their nuts chopped of by liberalism.

"Liberalism" has it's roots in "liberty"; one of America's greatest founding principals is "liberty", so why do you hate America?

Really though, you make "liberalism" out to be this bogeyman, it's rather base and silly. Stop?

Time-Immemorial
Not really, liberalism applies to more then just America.

-Pr-
Nah, your just stupid, I cant help that. Come back when you can disprove Europe is a not really mostly a union based on 4 countries. And who did I mislead on a dead movie forum?

You shouldn't call someone stupid while using bad grammar, you know.

"Liberalism" has it's roots in "liberty"; one of America's greatest founding principal is "liberty", so why do you hate America?

Really though, you make "liberalism" out to be this bogeyman, it's rather base and silly. Stop?

Pretty much.

Time-Immemorial
Nah, but thanks for proving my point thoughthumb up

Surtur

2fAjyFbyb4o

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
Where is Eric Northman when you need him?

Eric is of Swedish origins, why he's so effing whiny

Surtur
Eric is of Swedish origins, why he's so effing whiny

Yeah but he's a viking. It's why he's so murderous.

Time-Immemorial
"Liberalism" has it's roots in "liberty"; one of America's greatest founding principals is "liberty", so why do you hate America?

Explain then why liberals are always taking away our right and taxing us more and plunging us into debt, how does that sound like liberty.

Conservatism means to conserve what we have.

Astner
There are "ifs" and "buts" though in regards to a potentially stupid and harmful law.
When I said that she should be prosecuted I didn't mean that she should be dragged to the gallows and have a noose tied around her neck with the magistrate holding the lever as he listens to her pleas. The Danes have courts where the "ifs" and "buts" are meant to be settled.

But the law is still the law; and until it's changed it should be enforced.

Robtard
Explain then why liberals are always taking away our right and taxing us more and plunging us into debt, how does that sound like liberty.

Conservatism means to conserve what we have.

-What rights have you lost exactly under Obama? I hear this a lot from Conservatives and tea-people. Last time I checked the biggest infringement on our rights was the Patriot Act; that wasn't Obama, did I forget something?

-Taxes haven't really risen for the vast majority of Americans, those making over $200k or households making over $250k have risen a little bit and those making over $400k/$450k(home) are taxed slightly over the previous administrations numbers

-The debt has risen severely under Obama, but that's what you get going into a recession and being handed an extremely costly 5+ year war

You really need to get off the "liberalism is evil" merry-go-round, brah

Time-Immemorial
How about he wants to penalize me for not qualifying for Obamacare.

But I know you don't give two shits about that.

Robtard
That's a loss of a right? No, it's a glitch in the system which you can probably fix by eFiling some paperwork

Time-Immemorial
Oh so I have to file paperwork and waste my time and money to fix Obamacares**** ups.

The fact that any combat veteran is not automatically approved is beyond me.

Omega Vision
How about he wants to penalize me for not qualifying for Obamacare.

But I know you don't give two shits about that.
I thought this was an issue of your state refusing extra federal money.

snowdragon
-What rights have you lost exactly under Obama? I hear this a lot from Conservatives and tea-people. Last time I checked the biggest infringement on our rights was the Patriot Act, that wasn't Obama; did I forget something?

Yeah good thing Obama expanded on the patriot act and even used a drone strike on an american citizen before due process and droned his 17 year son as well.

Realistically though "rights" lost would more then likely appear under some sort of govt agency if an executive order or memorandum changed how that agency might interact with said citizen, which is something all presidents have done and isn't unique to Obama.

Robtard
IOW: "None" thumb up

Now let us cry some more about Obama taking away our guns so Smith & Wesson can beat previous quarterly profits

DarthAnt66
http://www.scientias.nl/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/spoiler.jpg

Time-Immemorial
IOW: "None" thumb up

Now let us cry some more about Obama taking away our guns so Smith & Wesson can beat previous quarterly profits

You can thank Obama for Smith and Wesson record quarterly profits.

#pwnd

Robtard
You can thank Obama for Smith and Wesson record quarterly profits.

#pwnd

While S&W should send Obama a nice basket or edible arrangement every single day, it's really not Obama.

It's the degenerates who spin Obama saying "we need gun reform" into "Obama wants to take away your guns!" and all the troglodytes that believe the lies and rush out to buy even more guns and ammo.

Time-Immemorial
Where is your proof of these "degenerates" having more influence then Obama on the American people's choice to buy guns based on his statements on guns?

Robtard
Because people don't rush out to buy more guns/ammo when they're not actually being taken away, they rush out when they believe their rights to buy them will be thumb up

To date, has Obama taken your guns away? No, he has not.

Time-Immemorial
Ok so no proof on anyone else manipulating people to buy guns, other then Obama.

Let me tell you about a little natural phenomenon called "cause and effect."

thumb up

quanchi112
Ok so no proof on anyone else manipulating people to buy guns, other then Obama.

Let me tell you about a little natural phenomenon call "cause and effect."

thumb up thumb up

Owned him.

Flyattractor
That's a loss of a right? No, it's a glitch in the system which you can probably fix by eFiling some paperwork

When people see their tax refunds for this year they will probably think so.

Esau Cairn
Where is your proof of these "degenerates" having more influence then Obama on the American people's choice to buy guns based on his statements on guns?

One of your recent school shootings last year.

The kid got access to guns his mother was illegally stock piling at home "in case of Obama."

And let's no argue on whether she was technically a degenerate or not.

Stigma
Can't we all just live in peace, be friends and agree that Obama is a failure, liberalism sucks and people need to have guns to protect themselves smile

EDIT: Also, hats off to that girl. thumb up

Bentley
If I masterly defended myself from aggression by clubbing a guy with an assault rifle I'd still expect to be prosecuted by owning a frigging rifle and carrying it around.

I understand people making a difference between an assault rifle and pepper spray, but so does the law.

Q99
May this case be decided swiftly in favor of the girl with the pepperspray.

Let me tell you about a little natural phenomenon called "cause and effect."

thumb up

Yea, the cause of 'spending several years not talking about it,' making people panic in their britches and run around saying he will.

Obama's actions often have very little to do with what people panic about his actions being.

Rights have increased during Obama's term. The tax rate is still much closer to the historical low-end of the last century than not. Debt goes up after a financial crash regardless- The Republicans were pushing for austerity, famous for raising debt while harming the economy at the same time, something that happened in multiple other countries at the time our economy was improving and unemployment cutting in half.

Why do you support a policy that raises debt more, but without lowering unemployment and the like? Heck, 'debt' is not a particularly important economic sign, not compared to GDP- risen constantly under President Obama- or unemployment- Cut in half under Obama. 'Debt' is what people go to when they don't have good economic arguments or don't get how national debts actually work.

Want to know how you lower debt? You increase revenue, i.e. raise taxes for real, on the upper class and other sectors that can afford it and which are currently under-taxed compared to historical levels. Something Obama hasn't done much of, because, well, again, what Obama's actions really are have little impact on what people panic over his actions being.

If you want to complain about someone, it pays to learn how it actually works, rather than yelling something as the worst thing ever without realizing that, "Oh, the debt went up because it was paying for fixing our giant employment hole, and then when employment is up that increases economic health which is long-term better for the economy than trying to pay off debt in a recession and stalling a recovery."

Bardock42
Mmmmkay.

Here is my opinion: the people prosecuting this should be pepper-sprayed in the face and then smacked in the face for being so stupid. This includes any magistrate/judge involved, as well.

Opposing opinion: "But pepper-spray is illegal and she assaulted someone in an illegal manner."

My counter-argument: "Then change the stupid ****ing law! She's not in the wrong, the law is in the wrong. If she can't have a gun, can't use a knife (I assume they can't use a knife to protect themselves), then her options are a less lethal taser or a the non-lethal pepper-spray."

Okay, thoughts? Am I wrong? Am I right? What do you think about this situation?

http://www.thelocal.dk/20160126/danish-teen-fought-off-her-attacker-with-pepper-spray-now-shell-face-fine

I agree with you, I think European countries are too strict when it comes to things like pepper spray (I believe in Germany there is a "loop hole" to carrying it at least if they are designated for protection against animals). Also knives actually, in Germany it is forbidden to carry a blade with lock mechanism...smh

Stigma
Originally posted by Bardock42
I agree with you, I think European countries are too strict when it comes to things like pepper spray (I believe in Germany there is a "loop hole" to carrying it at least if they are designated for protection against animals). Also knives actually, in Germany it is forbidden to carry a blade with lock mechanism...smh
I think European countries are too strict when it comes to guns.

Bentley
She did the right thing for her behalf, but she can still be punished despite of that. Anything in between is just Justice admitting their occasional bullying of law-breakers.

Esau Cairn
The article is vague & we're all speculating.

I just wonder if she knew that pepper spray was illegal, she should've not mentioned she used it when she made the report to the police.

I initially thought the attacker might've tried to counter lay assault charges back at her but he ran away & wasn't caught.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Stigma

Eh, I do agree, I find it far preferable to the opposite of being not strict enough as done by the US for example though.

Time-Immemorial

Oh so I was not too far off when I suggested most of the European countries have the same laws. PR is such a douchelaughing out loud

Bardock42
Oh so I was not too far off when I suggested most of the European countries have the same laws. PR is such a douchelaughing out loud I actually don't know the laws in most countries, I suppose I did generalize too much. I do know that Germany and The UK have these really strict knife laws, and apparently in some Scandinavian countries, like in Germany, peppers pray isn't permitted.

-Pr-
Oh so I was not too far off when I suggested most of the European countries have the same laws. PR is such a douchelaughing out loud

pr1983

You're such a charmer.

Time-Immemorial
I actually don't know the laws in most countries, I suppose I did generalize too much. I do know that Germany and The UK have these really strict knife laws, and apparently in some Scandinavian countries, like in Germany, peppers pray isn't permitted.

I am not afraid to generalize about this, I can say that most likely 99% of the countries in the EU have strict, gun, knife and pepper spray laws.

Time-Immemorial
pr1983

You're such a charmer.

You are the one that started it. And ended up wrong.

-Pr-
You are the one that started it. And ended up wrong.

Neither of those are true.

Time-Immemorial
And you see, Liberals want to turn us into Europe. One could say that liberalism is almost identical to retardation.

Misrepresenting what I said.

quanchi112
Misrepresenting what I said. thumb up

It doesn't get any clearer.

-Pr-
Misrepresenting what I said.

So explain what "turn us in to Europe" means, then, please.

Time-Immemorial
Do you have anything else to do but be a annoying sharpshooter and misrepresent my posts?

And what I said could not be any more clear to anyone who isn't trying to start a fight with a strawman.

-Pr-
Do you have anything else to do but be a annoying sharpshooter and misrepresent my posts?

And what I said could not be any more clear to anyone who isn't trying to start a fight with a strawman.

I asked a simple question, wanting a simple answer.

If it's too much to ask that you not be an ass about, then okay.

Time-Immemorial
I've already posted about this in the entire thread if you would just read.

-Pr-
I've already posted about this in the entire thread if you would just read.

If all you're going to do is try to deflect, then maybe get back on topic instead?

Time-Immemorial
Stop trying to bully me cause you lost the argument. I have been on topic the entire time, you are the one trying to change and misrepresent what I say.

-Pr-
Stop trying to bully me cause you lost the argument.

Back on topic, please.

Time-Immemorial
I am on topic.

-Pr-
I am on topic.

Accusing me of things isn't being on topic. I didn't attack the girl that used the pepper spray.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by quanchi112
thumb up

It doesn't get any clearer.

Agreed

Surtur
I just have to say lol@ all the pathetic attempts at bait threads I now see closed. It's just too precious. I just had to laugh at it somewhere and well..the topics were closed.

But don't worry I won't be completely off topic: it's still garbage this girl could be fined.

Slay
As a European I don't like to be associated with the out of whack countries of Sweden and Denmark. Or seeing those countries being referred to as being an example of how the whole of Europe thinks/operates. I mean, sure, I'm a liberal with some socialist tendencies, but those countries take it too far. Like the US takes the whole hyper-capitalist conservative thing too far.

I live in the Czech Republic, guns are pretty easy to acquire here. They're also easy to get in Switzerland, Serbia, Bosnia, Norway and a ton of other countries.

Stigma
Originally posted by Slay
As a European I don't like to be associated with the out of whack countries of Sweden and Denmark. Or seeing those countries being referred to as being an example of how the whole of Europe thinks/operates.
thumb up

As a European I share the sentiment.

Originally posted by Slay

I live in the Czech Republic, guns are pretty easy to acquire here. They're also easy to get in Switzerland, Serbia, Bosnia, Norway and a ton of other countries.
Poland is not too bad either, but I'd still prefer it to be easier to aquire them.

I was also thinking about countries like France or Germany when making that comment.

BTW I was just sipping Pilsner Urquell the other day. Good beer thumb up

One Big Mob
Accusing me of things isn't being on topic. I didn't attack the girl that used the pepper spray. this time

Utrigita
She used a pepperspray and will get a fine of probably 500kr for having it. So in short, no she won't get thrown in jail. And it's highly likely the charges for the pepperspray will get dropped by the police anyway.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by One Big Mob
this time

laughing out loud

-Pr-
Originally posted by One Big Mob
this time

Hey, you don't know my life!

Surtur
Originally posted by Utrigita
She used a pepperspray and will get a fine of probably 500kr for having it. So in short, no she won't get thrown in jail. And it's highly likely the charges for the pepperspray will get dropped by the police anyway.

This is all well and good but this is still just a loss for justice. Even if you aren't from Denmark, even if you live at the North Pole this is still just as much a loss for you as it is for the people of Denmark.

Why? Just the mere fact the girl would get fined in the first place.

Also what do these people have against pepper spray? Did someone assassinate a leader of Denmark using the stuff?

One Big Mob
A guy I know went to jail for bear macing a bar. Assault I think he got. Like 26 counts or something. And that's legal too... though not for that purpose.

It's a stupid law that you can't have pepper spray since the sole use is basically to ward of intruding cocks. But she apparently showed it to the police and that'd be no different than showing them any other illegal things so...

Utrigita

Bentley
I was also thinking about countries like France or Germany when making that comment.

At least you can carry knives in France, lot's of people do in the country-side.

Stigma
Originally posted by Bentley
At least you can carry knives in France, lot's of people do in the country-side.
That's good to hear, although guns are vastly more effective tools for self-defense.

Bentley
That's good to hear, although guns are vastly more effective tools for self-defense.

Don't worry, the criminals that need to protect themselves have all kinds of assault rifles thumb up

Stigma
Originally posted by Bentley
Don't worry, the criminals that need to protect themselves have all kinds of assault rifles thumb up
Exactly thumb up

Criminals will always find a way to get a gun (obviously illegally) while good citizens are left disarmed.

Esau Cairn
I'd rather the scenario of one armed criminal than 3 good citizens "trigger happy with good intentions."

Surtur
I never said charged equals guilt, but the thing of it is there should of never been a charge in the first place. It's an asinine law. Even if pepper spray were 100% legal it's not like if I came up to you for no reason and pepper sprayed you in the face that I couldn't face legal consequences. That is still a type of assault.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.