The Mountain, The Hound & Hodor Vs. Wun Wun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Inhuman
The Mountain
The Hound
Hodor controlled by Jon

Vs.

Wun Wun

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mountain, Hound and Hodor have basic Armor and a sword each

Wun Wun has a battle club

Who wins?

---------------------

https://40.media.tumblr.com/70cf6937dcdec3ee79ab7fb7711e2b33/tumblr_np8v6lcm5n1s69ejpo1_500.jpg

Arachnid1
Wun Wun was destroying wights by the dozens. He stomps almost instantly.

Time-Immemorial
Team beats him but its a hard fight

golem370
It would be a game of wack a mole the giant was pretty quick and he has reach on the others.

Robtard
http://media.vanityfair.com/photos/5564b4141aaec7043ea52c05/master/w_690,c_limit/got-season-6-the-hound.gif

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by golem370
It would be a game of wack a mole the giant was pretty quick and he has reach on the others.

Not really. He was pretty beat down by cannon fodder zombies.

Robtard
Wun Wun survived virtually unharmed.

Having to flee because he couldn't solo thousands of undead and the Night's King isn't really a low showing for the giant.

Q99hffWaJOk

Time-Immemorial
Yea he survived but was noticeable ****ed up.

Robtard
He didn't take much damage at all, the undead that climbed on his back he either shook-off like flees or grabbed and tore apart.

Watch the clip, brah

Time-Immemorial
The clip does not work, and I dont need to watch it, I just rewatched all five seasons.

He was noticeably walking slower, hurt and moving very slow. I know what I am talking about.

And you are showing the wrong scene, the part he shows he's hurt is when they are walking through the walls gates.

NemeBro
A stronger giant than Wun Wun was soloed by three fighters in the Night's Watch, none of which were a fifth the warrior Gregor or Sandor are. Or even Jon, actually.

Robtard
Originally posted by NemeBro
A stronger giant than Wun Wun was soloed by three fighters in the Night's Watch, none of which were a fifth the warrior Gregor or Sandor are. Or even Jon, actually.

That was in a confined passage, no? Did the show differ?

Never mind, the giant had plenty of room to move around, but he had to break through the iron gate.

golem370
The Giant beats them all

Time-Immemorial
Cannon fodder beat Wu Wu down, and 3 sub par fighters that could not even beat jon beat down a stronger giant then wu wu. The king of giants.

Team wins.

Robtard
Likely not, Hodor is practically useless aside from being a distraction, but Gregor is strong enough to easily cut through a horse's neck and Sandor while not quit as strong, is more skilled and faster.

Robtard
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
The clip does not work, and I dont need to watch it, I just rewatched all five seasons.

He was noticeably walking slower, hurt and moving very slow. I know what I am talking about.

And you are showing the wrong scene you're talking about, the part he shows he's hurt is when they are walking through the walls gates.

Here's the scene, Wun Wun looks alright:

-B5O2er_xI0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-B5O2er_xI0

Undead did little to nothing to him during the fight/escape

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
Likely not, Hodor is practically useless aside from being a distraction, but Gregor is strong enough to easily cut through a horse's neck and Sandor while not quit as strong, is more skilled and faster.

Read OP, he's not useless at all unless you are going to ignore his feats.

Time-Immemorial
Here's the scene, Wun Wun looks alright:

-B5O2er_xI0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-B5O2er_xI0

Undead did little to nothing to him during the fight/escape

He doesn't look "alright" to me.

Robtard
Read OP, he's not useless at all unless you are going to ignore his feats.

Didn't realize Jon's skin-walking in Hodor, yeah, he has skills.

Robtard
He doesn't look "alright" to me.

Look again. He looks normal, maybe a bit tired like the Wildlings are from walking through the snow

Time-Immemorial
We have a difference of opinion, fact is team wins as three peons took out the biggest giant and king of the giants.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by NemeBro
A stronger giant than Wun Wun was soloed by three fighters in the Night's Watch, none of which were a fifth the warrior Gregor or Sandor are. Or even Jon, actually. That was six NW members wasn't it? The fact they all six of them are smaller and more nimble than the giant also probably helped. There were also all in a confined (ish) space and the giant was unarmed. Realistically, I don't see The Mountain or Hodor dodging Wun Wuns blows (Sandor may be able to dodge a few). Plus, in terms of actual feats, Wun Wun has got that giant beat. He's also got all the fighters in this thread beat. I don't see how the Mountain or any of the others will survive one swing from Wun Wuns club.

Hodor isn't helpful here at all. He may as well not even be present. There is no way the Cleganes can take a giant.

Time-Immemorial
Those six nights watch would be slaughtered by just one of the Cleganes.

Arachnid1
We have one fight scene from the Mountain (in which he looked like a child getting handled by an older sibling), so he doesn't have the feats to back that statement up

The Hound at least has better feats since he was graced with more screen time. Despite that, the Hound got rocked by Brienne of Tarth, who likely wouldn't last more than ten seconds against the Mountain or a giant. Plus, you're still talking about the wrong giant. The Hound and that giants feats all pale in comparison to Wun Wuns. Until we have a clip of the Hound slaughtering wights by the dozens without breaking a sweat, he is severely outclassed.

Time-Immemorial
Nope he was not being handled by a child.

Prince O was the greatest fighter in all of Westeros.

Tarth Beat the hound when he was severely hurt and broken and tired and just gotten bit in the neck and lost a lot of blood and had an infection most likely.

You seriously have some bias here.

The hound did slaughter dozens at the inn when he fought the kings gaurd cause he said "**** the king"

team wins.

And seriously you need to watch game of thrones again, with your eyes open and blinders off.

golem370
He plays golf with Hodor, Mountain, Hound as the balls.

Time-Immemorial
You did not refute my points. Either do so or concede.

Interestingly enough the bigger stronger version of Wu Wu got killed by some sub par soldiers.

Arachnid1
Nope he was not being handled by a child.

Prince O was the greatest fighter in all of Westeros.

Tarth Beat the hound when he was severely hurt and broken and tired and just gotten bit in the neck and lost a lot of blood and had an infection most likely.

You seriously have some bias here.

The hound did slaughter dozens at the inn when he fought the kings gaurd cause he said "**** the king"

team wins.

And seriously you need to watch game of thrones again, with your eyes open and blinders off. You're mixing up my words. I'm not saying Oberyn is a child, I'm saying he made the Mountain look like a child. That is the only showing we have from him, and its useless.

And the Hound wasn't near as bad as you make him out to be in that scene. An infection, maybe, but even that wasn't shown or stated. Arya said it could get infected, not that it is infected. Those guys he found in the Inn also weren't kingsguard. They were just men under the employ of the Lannisters. Dozens is a huge exaggeration. Those were 5, maybe 6 men max. He just took forever actually taking them down, and struggled noticeably do so. Arya killed 2 of them. They also had the decency to come at him one at a time. The second two of them attacked him at once, they started beating the hell out of him.

Plus, you call the Nights Watch sub-par soldiers, but they live in the harshest conditions in Westeros and do nothing but train and guard. The couple of guys the Hound beat are just payed to sit around, extort unguarded ins, and rape. Hell, they're lead by Poliver, a weakling whos don't nothing but spent years doing nothing but torture for the Mountains. The Nights Watch would likely wreck their crew in a fight.

And I need to watch game of thrones again? You thought a giant was beaten by 3 people, you thought Wun Wun was severely injured despite having no visible injuries, you thought The Hound took out dozens of men, and you thought a weakling like Poliver and his crew were the Kingsguard (the Kingsguard are the seven most Elite soldiers chosen to guard the king, hence the name).

Lets be realistic here. So far, the best legitimate feat you've been able to provide for anyone on the team was the Hound severely struggling to take out half a dozen men. Wun Wun, on the other hand, has been shown absolutely destroying dozens and dozens of wights without breaking a sweat, which is the greatest feat anyone in the show has to date. Your reasoning for the team winning is that 6 NW soldiers beat Mag, the king of giants.

For some reason, you think the fact that he is the king means he's the strongest. Its not, He's the oldest (which means he's more aged, and likely weaker than Wun Wun). He has no feats to speak of, and was defeated by six men in the show. In the book, he was defeated in single combat with just one Nights Watch member. Mag is not an impressive giant. Still, he killed the 6 armored and armed NW members in a confined space completely unarmed.

Wun Wun, on the other hand, is a younger and stronger giant. The books stated he was bigger and stronger than Mag, which is reflected in the show. Those same six likely wouldn't stand a chance against him. So far, feat for feat, Wun Wun is the greatest physical threat in the show or books not counting dragons. Hodor is useless, Mountain is featless, and the Hound, while impressive, pales in comparison to any giant.

There is no way the team stands a chance here. It's a flat out stomp.

/thread

KingD19
Mountain couldn't even handle Sandor. Remember back in the first season Hound was winning that fight when Gregor went kinda batshit at the tourney. He only stopped because the King called an end to it.

I'm confused as to how people think even Mountain can take more than one good hit from Wun Wun, with a weapon or without.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by KingD19
Mountain couldn't even handle Sandor. Remember back in the first season Hound was winning that fight when Gregor went kinda batshit at the tourney. He only stopped because the King called an end to it.

I'm confused as to how people think even Mountain can take more than one good hit from Wun Wun, with a weapon or without. Yeah, it's kind of disappointing. The Mountain in the show pales in comparison to his book incarnation. He's much weaker, slower, and smaller. It must absolutely kill Nemebro to witness that considering it's his favorite ASOIAF character

EDIT: Also just saw Hodor is controlled by John. He wont be as quick or limber as Jon usually is, so its actually kind of a downgrade from normal Jon who'd be more useful here, since speed is more useful than strength in this fight. He's more of a factor now, but not enough to stop this from being a hard stomp

Time-Immemorial
Team wins.

A few sub par knights watch killed the strongest onelaughing out loud

KingD19
Robert Baratheon was King of Westeros. He certainly wasn't the strongest warrior.

Tywin was head of the Lannisters. He wasn't the strongest.

Walder ruled the Freys, he wasn't the strongest.

Also Wun Wun has more feats, so regardless of what you think, you can't dispute evidence.

I'm starting to see a pattern.

Time-Immemorial
Are you kidding?

KingD19
No. Not at all. You're insisting that Mag is the most powerful of the Giants because he was called King by Mance. In that same sentence though, Mance says he's the last of a really old bloodline that existed even before the first men. So like Arachnid said, he's old, and probably only king by his family. Like Joffrey.

And going by feats, all Mag did was take down 6 men, and die in the process.

Wun Wun was literally swarmed by wights who are far more deadly and hard to put down. And he slaughtered them.

Hell, if we even look at a direct comparison. Wun Wun is larger than Mag, so he's already got an advantage over him.

http://i.imgur.com/NSau7LB.gif

People barely made it to Wun Wun's knees, while Grenn and the others were around waist/stomach level to Mag. In fact, Mag is the smallest Giant we've seen, as even Dongo, the baldheaded one who got killed was larger than Mag.

Time-Immemorial
Ok but he has greater strength showings then Wu Wu. Are we going to ignore those? The dude lifted the main gate, and crashed through the secondary gate. And lets not act like this was some small task.

KingD19
So if a much smaller, injured, and older giant than Wun Wun can do that...why can't the much younger, and larger Wun Wun do it as well?

Do we assume The Mountain can't cut people in half because we never saw him do it, but his much smaller little brother could?

Time-Immemorial
You do realize that comparing sizes in stuff like this is almost usless.

If a person is younger and bigger than say Ollie or Captain America, are they going to win cause they are younger and bigger?

KingD19
You do realize that comparing sizes in stuff like this is almost usless.

If a person is younger and bigger than say Ollie or Captain America, are they going to win cause they are younger and bigger?

It's actually not. You're attempting to make it seem that way by using the wrong examples. I'll explain.

Ollie = Green Arrow. A man who for several years honed his body to perfection while becoming the ultimate survivalist and hunter. And then he got trained even further by a clan of assassins.

Captain America = A literal super soldier given well beyond peak human stats by a super soldier serum.

So if people are younger or bigger, they don't have the same experience or training or super powers as them. So would I think Mark Henry is stronger than Cap because he's bigger? Nope, but Mark Henry doesn't have a super drug in his veins.

But if I see Hound standing next to the Mountain? I'm definitely gonna assume Mountain is stronger, and he'd be able to do what Sandor has done despite not chopping a man in half.

If I see The Rock standing next to George Clooney? I'm gonna assume the Rock is stronger than him.

Wun Wun and Mag unlike your examples are both simply giants. They're the same race, no boosts or powers or anything extra. They both fought and lived with the Wildlings, etc... If anything, Mag may have had an easier life by being King. There is nothing to differentiate them aside from looks and size. Wun Wun is much larger, and clearly is pretty strong. So tell me why he wouldn't be as strong or stronger than the guy who is older than him, was injured at the time, and much smaller?

Time-Immemorial
Yea but Sandor was no light weight. He didn't actually beat the mountain, the mountain almost took his head off, and only dodged the last attack because the king spoke and and said enough. Remember?

Time-Immemorial

Aight well, I didn't realize he was actually that big..this changes pretty much everything. He stomps the team then.

KingD19
Yea but Sandor was no light weight. He didn't actually beat the mountain, the mountain almost took his head off, and only dodged the last attack because the king spoke and and said enough. Remember?

Imo Hound had that fight won. Mountain only survived because Robert told them to settle down and Hound dropped his attack while Gregor was still swinging. He could have cut him down if he hadn't listened to Robert.

My point though is that we saw Sandor(Hound) chop an armored man in half at Blackwater. We never see Mountain chop a man in half. In fact, he doesn't even get all the way through that horses neck. But do you think Mountain couldn't chop a man in half despite being much larger and stronger than his brother?

If we saw an older, much smaller Mag smash down the gates. Why couldn't a much larger Wun Wun?

KingD19
Aight well, I didn't realize he was actually that big..this changes pretty much everything. He stomps the team then.

Hahah yeah, Wun Wun there is pretty much the biggest thing in Westeros after the dragons. And aside from Drogon, he could give the other two a run for their money I think.

Robtard

Sandor was the better in that fight, Gregor was trying to kill him while Sandor was holding back; yet Sandor still easily countered all of his brother's attacks and made openings.

Qaxzwlg9N_Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qaxzwlg9N_Q

In an all out fight, Sandor would beat Gregor.

Inhuman
The Hound's actor was one of the best parts of the show

KingD19
Originally posted by Inhuman
The Hound's actor was one of the best parts of the show

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o85xmEMcdf4Yubddu/giphy.gif

Yarp.

Robtard
https://media.giphy.com/media/ybRvTUPOIxy5a/giphy.gif

Time-Immemorial
Hahah yeah, Wun Wun there is pretty much the biggest thing in Westeros after the dragons. And aside from Drogon, he could give the other two a run for their money I think.

I actually feel fooled now by OP, since he probbably knew how big Wun Wun is, how is this thread not spite?

Robtard
Kingy does make a compelling argument here

Time-Immemorial

Yes but until I saw this I was convinced the team could take him. I'm pretty sure Inhuman knew this was spite.

Robtard
Or Inhuman was thinking since 6 or so Night's Watch managed to kill a giant, 2 of the strongest fighters + Hodor-Jon might have a chance.

Inhuman
http://cdn0.dailydot.com/uploaded/images/original/2015/5/31/wun_wun_1.gif

Yes but until I saw this I was convinced the team could take him. I'm pretty sure Inhuman knew this was spite.

Or Inhuman was thinking since 6 or so Night's Watch managed to kill a giant, 2 of the strongest fighters + Hodor-Jon might have a chance.

https://s3-ak.buzzfed.com/static/2015-06/1/11/enhanced/webdr10/anigif_enhanced-17903-1433172819-9.gif

Time-Immemorial
So being the dummy you are, you knew it was spite.

http://i.imgur.com/j00bQl1.gif

Inhuman
So being the dummy you are, you knew it was spite.

I didn't think it was full on spite.
Those 2 brothers are smart enough in battle to plan a way to take the giant down.
Choping at the legs or whatever.
Jon is pretty smart as well.
With a a game plan it possible to take some wins from Wun Wun.

I guess I should have added Oberyn, Prime Jaime, and Brianne as well.

Protip: TI settle down. No need for Your hothead antics.thumb down

KingD19
Mountain is far too slow to avoid a hit from Wun Wun. He'd probably be the first to go down. And the giant was slaughtering Wights, the fastest, most nonstop threat in GoT. He had wights climbing all over him and stabbing and slashing him and stuff. I don't think the much slower human combatants stuck on the ground will have much luck, especially since he's not hemmed in by a tunnel. Somebody gets whacked, somebody gets kicked. I doubt Wun Wun will escape unharmed, but I don't really see him losing.

Inhuman
OK so for fight #2 add to the original 3
Oberyn with a spear and sword
Prime Jaime with valerian sword
Brianne with valerian sword
Bronn with sword and 2 knives

If that's too much....

Fight 3

Add a second battle club for Wun Wun and 5 wildlings

Robtard
"Hodor!" -Hodor circa every damn time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.