Best X-Men Arcs/Comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Hey guys, I've been reading some of the classic Uncanny X-men comics (finished about 10 issues so far). But does anyone here have any recommendations for some of the best Arcs, that one really can get into without being too familiar with prior issues or just read on their own? I plan to get more into the Series, but any recommendations from any era are nice.

Thanks smile

-Pr-
Finding ones that don't need prior knowledge can be tricky. If you want to get familiar with the characters without reading a lot of comics, you could always try the 90s X-Men cartoon, as that was good.

As far as comics go, most of them are collected in trades, which is nice. I'd recommend:

Mutant Massacre
X-Factor v1
God Loves Man Kills
Dark Phoenix Saga
Days of Future Past
Mutant Genesis (which is the start of the "X-Men" book in the 90s)
Astonishing X-Men (Joss Whedon's run)
New X-Men 114-154 (Grant Morrison's run)

Those are the ones that really come to mind.

Shadow_King
Can be quite an expensive undertaking to get them all, unless you plan on downloading...I agree with Pr, Joss whedon astonishing is pretty self contained and doesn't require too much reading of prior issues, outside a few things

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.