What is TCW greatest story arc? IMO Umbara

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

redpill
in your opinion what is TCW greatest arc given it is now over.

if you know someone who is not into TCW what arc would you recommend they watch to get them excited?

IMO pong krell and umbara.

this might sound bad i think most of tcw is kinda bland. meh

Galan007
For me, the best single arc was either the Mortis arc from Season 3, or the Yoda arc from Season 6. The best single episode was The Lawless.

Imo.

Beniboybling
The Ahsoka arc i.e. Sabotage, The Jedi Who Knew Too Much, To Catch a Jedi and The Wrong Jedi was probably its finest for me, in the sense that it was the culmination of Ahsoka's story, which was central to the show. The Maul arc from Brothers to The Lawless would be second to that.

|King Joker|
The Ahsoka arc, hands down.

Galan007
Originally posted by Beniboybling
The Ahsoka arc i.e. Sabotage, The Jedi Who Knew Too Much, To Catch a Jedi and The Wrong Jedi was probably its finest for me, in the sense that it was the culmination of Ahsoka's story which was central to the show. The Maul arc from Brothers to The Lawless would be second to that. That was a very good arc. thumb up

redpill
Originally posted by Galan007
For me, the best single arc was either the Mortis arc from Season 3, or the Yoda arc from Season 6. The best single episode was The Lawless.

Imo.

IMO mortis was too far out there.

i take it though u like spiritual vision type quests since thats what both are.

like neo in matrix

Galan007
Originally posted by redpill
IMO mortis was too far out there. I enjoyed the Mortis arc because it showed us that there is SO much more to the force(in the cosmic sense) than we'd ever dreamed of. It also helped solidify Anakin's role as the Chosen One, and a bonafide force-God. It was just so much different than any other story that I couldn't help but love it.

But in terms of pure storytelling, the Ahsoka arc is hard to beat. I still prefer the Yoda arc from S6, but that's just personal preference.

ares834
The Umbara Arc or Ahsoka arc for me. Both were excellent.

Lord Stark
Umbara, Ahsoka, and Season 6, particularly the Sifo-Diaz, Order 66, and Yoda arcs.

redpill
any good arcs from season 1-5? seem very plain stories to me

Galan007
Um, the Umbara arc(your favorite) is from Season 4, lol.

Lord Stark
The Maul arcs and Ventress' nightsister arc was also pretty good, although it was quite dark.

The_Tempest
Mauldalore, Nightsister arc of season 3, Umbara, Slaves of the Republic, Ryloth, Order 66, Yoda arc, Ahsoka arc...

Lots of good ones.

redpill
there's a lot of filler stuff inbetween but i'll make note of some of them.

do you think a person new to star wars would like those arcs, like a girlfriend who has no previous interest in star wars?

The_Tempest
I forgot how great Landing at Point Rain is. Damn, what an episode.

Emperordmb
The Mortis Arc for me.

The two runner ups are the Maul/Mandalore Arc, and the Yoda's Spiritual Journey Arc.

Galan007
Originally posted by redpill
there's a lot of filler stuff inbetween but i'll make note of some of them.

do you think a person new to star wars would like those arcs, like a girlfriend who has no previous interest in star wars? I can't really think of any arcs that a total SW n00b(that is to say: someone brand new to the entire mythos) could just randomly hop-into, and adequately grasp/comprehend. They'd certainly be able to enjoy the self-contained action/storytelling of the episode(s) themselves, but the overall plot just wouldn't resonate with them the same way it would for someone more familiar with the characters/franchise.

For example: if said n00b had no clue who Palpatine, Maul and Savage were going in, they certainly wouldn't be able to appreciate the sheer excellence of The Lawless the same way myself and Tempest did. Etc.

Just my opinion. smile

StiltmanFTW
The best single episode was The Lawless.

It's the one with Savage and Maul vs. Sidious?

Galan007
thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Good stuff indeed. Makes me want to see the whole show.

How does Rebels series compare to TCW, btw?

Galan007
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Good stuff indeed. Makes me want to see the whole show.

How does Rebels series compare to TCW, btw? Opinions vary, but I think Rebels is right up there with TCW in terms of enjoyability.

TCW was excellent because it added so much depth to the primary cast of the PT(and beyond)... Depth that was desperately needed, tbh. If you plan on watching them, however, start with TCW--it is a segway into Rebels.

Darth Thor
I even really enjoyed some of the early arcs like Dooku Captured, Holocron Heist, Genosian Zombies, The Mandalore Plot, the Zillo Beast and Death Trap.

Then from S3 the arcs turned much more epic with the Nightsister arc, Mortis arc, Citadel arc. And in S4 with Umbara, Deception (Rako Hardeem), Slaves and of course the Darth Maul one.

And that's not even counting some of the stand out single episodes.

redpill
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I even really enjoyed some of the early arcs like Dooku Captured, Holocron Heist, Genosian Zombies, The Mandalore Plot, the Zillo Beast and Death Trap.

Then from S3 the arcs turned much more epic with the Nightsister arc, Mortis arc, Citadel arc. And in S4 with Umbara, Deception (Rako Hardeem), Slaves and of course the Darth Maul one.

And that's not even counting some of the stand out single episodes.

what are really good some of the stand out single episodes?

Lord Stark
I enjoyed the Ahsoka vs. Aurra Sing episode, the Admiral Trench episode (lol help me general Kenobi), as well as the first episode with Hevy.

ares834
Rookies is probably the best standalone. Though I also really liked A Friend in Need.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by ares834
Rookies is probably the best standalone. Though I also really liked A Friend in Need.

You misspelled The Lawless.

redpill
ok thanks i'll have to rewatch them lol smile

Darth Abonis

Imo.

So true

chingchangwalla
'The Lawless' was a damn good episode, pretty much because of the Sidious vs Maul and Savage duel. Once Opress got WRECKED, Maul became blood lusted and gave Sidious a good run only to be outdone by Voldemort Force Powers. Epic. Umbara was good but Krell was a let down. I wish he was on no team, just his own and wanted both the Separatists and the Jedi dead. I wanted to see Krell before he was turned to the darkside and I want a duel between him and another force wielder to see how good he really is.

Darth Thor
So Forest Whitaker is playing Saw Gerrara from the Onderon arc. Nice to start seeing characters from the animated series popping up in the film. Even if it's probably in name only.

Balta Skywalker
It's such a good story that is hard to decide. But it has to be the whole Ahsoka stuff from Season 3 and above.

I seriously dunno how Jensaarai1 hates it so much.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Balta Skywalker

I seriously dunno how Jensaarai1 hates it so much.

Probably because he's a Legends fanatic whose butt hurt his whole life's work isn't even Canon, but TCW is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.