Bane/Batman (Nolan)vs. John Wick/Daredevil (Netflix)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
*h2h only

Fight takes place on neutra ground

Time-Immemorial
T1

relentless1
team one

BruceSkywalker
facepalm Team 1

TheVaultDweller
Because this is pure H2H, Wick is the weak link IMO, so going to give team 1 a majority.

Lestov16
Are you guys serious? Wick is pretty much a non factor, but Daredevil would solo both Bane and Bats.

TheVaultDweller
Well, I assume Batman is in his suit, so can soak up some damage. I would put Daredevil above either Batman or Bane solo, but not sure he could win 2 on 1. Though I suppose an argument could potentially be made for DD taking Bane out quickly, considering his senses would allow him to most likely detect Bane's mask weakness from the start. And Matt would go for that. He might not kill, but he has no problem maiming people.

Inhuman
DD's suit at the end of season 1 was padded and armor-like to soak up damage as well.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Lestov16
Are you guys serious? Wick is pretty much a non factor, but Daredevil would solo both Bane and Bats. This

Though I don't know about Wick being a non factor. The dude was a beast from what I remember. Still, I cant remember any hand to hand only scenes. He was an artist with guns, but that unfortunately makes him featless

Anyway, team 2 wins. DD is above both Bats and Bane.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Arachnid1
This

Though I don't know about Wick being a non factor. The dude was a beast from what I remember. Still, I cant remember any hand to hand only scenes. He was an artist with guns, but that unfortunately makes him featless

Anyway, team 2 wins. DD is above both Bats and Bane.

Then you don't really remember correctly, Wick got his ass beat in H2H by someone far less then bane and barely beat that old man at the end.

Bane breaks his back.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Then you don't really remember correctly, Wick got his ass beat in H2H by someone far less then bane and barely beat that old man at the end.

Bane breaks his back. Like I said, I cant remember the hand to hand scenes if there were any. It's been too long since I've watched it

I'll take your word for it though

Inhuman
Here is wick showing some H2H skills

Bu2X5SKZB3g

Here he is fighting with his hands tied together after he was tied up in a chair.

0EXn4vjGg0g

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been a while since I watched John Wick. After getting a refresher that Wick isn't just all gun skills , I have to side with team 2 for the majority.
Some of the goons wick beat up or was fighting show more skill and speed than Bane or Baleman ever did.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Inhuman
It had been a while since I watched John Wick. After getting a refresher that Wick isn't just all gun skills , I have to side with team 2 for the majority.
Some of the goons wick beat up or was fighting show more skill and speed than Bane or Baleman ever did. There's the absolute beast I remember. That scene where he beat the toughest combatant in the entire movie with his hands tied says everything. I doubt Bats could replicate that.

The other scene is still mostly him wrecking house with a gun though. While he likely could take Bats or Bane, he still didn't have enough overall hand to hand feats for me to back that up.

Despite that, team 2 still gets it 9/10

Time-Immemorial
Here is wick showing some H2H skills

Bu2X5SKZB3g

At min 6:20, he absolutely gets murder stomped by some thug and then tossed over the rail onto the dance floor.

Bane kills him instantly via back breaker.

Inhuman
At min 6:20, he absolutely gets murder stomped by some thug and then tossed over the rail onto the dance floor.

Bane kills him instantly via back breaker.

You mean after he gets shot twice in the chest? 5:47 (even if he was wearing a bullet proof vest, that shit would hurt)

He took out the same guy with his hands tied together in that second clip i posted.

Time-Immemorial
Dude, he can't do anything to Bane, so cut it out. Bane killed someone with one hand, and broke through concrete with ease. Even Alfred said Bane was a monster like he had never seen.

Inhuman
Dude, he can't do anything to Bane, so cut it out. Bane killed someone with one hand, and broke through concrete with ease. Even Alfred said Bane was a monster like he had never seen.

Without getting into all that...
All I'm saying is that Team 2 takes the majority.
I think Team 2 skill and speed advantage trumps Teams 1 strength and armor advantage. Although daredevils suit is armored as well. And John is wearing a bullet proof vest. Don't know if that helps in this fight or not.

Baleman was doing well against Bane once he was healthy and ready to fight.
And Baleman isn't the most skilled or fast fighters around.

Time-Immemorial
They have no way to take down Batman with all his gear, and Bane is an absolute monster.

Arachnid1
Bane killed a random thug of no note who wasn't even fighting back with one hand.

Wick beat the toughest and most skilled bad guy in the entire movie with his hands tied.

Bane is stronger, sure, but the skill gap between Wick and Bane is huge. Wick kills him and Bats in that department

Time-Immemorial
Who was the toughest guy he fought, and how does he even remotely compared to batman, who Bane bested easily the first time they fought. There is no way for Wick to even hurt bane. The only reason Bat took him down was cause he has armored gauntlets and knew his weakness.

You think Wicks bare knuckles would even do anything to his mask, if you do, you are kidding yourself.

Arachnid1
Who was the toughest guy he fought, and how does he even remotely compared to batman, who Bane bested easily the first time they fought. There is no way for Wick to even hurt bane. The only reason Bat took him down was cause he has armored gauntlets and knew his weakness.

You think Wicks bare knuckles would even do anything to his mask, if you do, you are kidding yourself. You don't need super strength to gouge out eyes and punch peoples throats in

Bats doesn't kill or maim. Wick would. And didn't Batman spend the entire end of the second movie getting his ass beat by two dogs and a crazy guy in a suit with a crowbar? Bats in these movies isn't near as skilled as he is in any other medium. Wicks taken out entire buildings full of armed and trained individuals without employing the use if stealth. The dudes a force of nature.

Anyway, not getting into a Wick vs Bane debate here. Team 2 already wins, so this thread is done

Time-Immemorial
Wick lacks the offensive output to kill Bane.

Funny you assume he is just going to sit there and let his eyes be gouged out.

Team 1 wins.

And I'll say when the thread is done.

Arachnid1
laughing out loud

Time-Immemorial
Bane kills Wick, as Wick has no way to actually hurt him, he does for an eye, he will be sucking out of a straw the rest of his life, if Bane doesn't just snap his neck instantly.

Arachnid1
https://media.giphy.com/media/l41lSU481Ud9az69i/giphy.gif

Time-Immemorial
You have not proved anything in the slightest to give Wick a win over a superhuman like bane.

Arachnid1
https://media.giphy.com/media/I4Jmrcjnr8Zfq/giphy.gif

Time-Immemorial
Prove Wick can do anything to Bane.

Arachnid1
http://i.imgur.com/8FxEa.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/l41lSU481Ud9az69i/giphy.gif

Inhuman
Prove Wick can do anything to Bane.

Daredevil can fight Bane while Wick takes care of Baleman.
Or vise versa. The point is that it will be DD & Wick vs Bane after a short while.
Bane goes down regardless.

Time-Immemorial
Batman beats wick with little effort.

He has his armor in this fight, and wick lacks any offensive output to cripple that.

Inhuman
Also Baleman matched Bane's strength in the final fight and also hurt/affected Bane with his punches.
This was all before the mask exploit.

Time-Immemorial
Also Baleman matched Bane's strength in the final fight and also hurt/affected Bane with his punches.
This was all before the mask exploit.

No he didn't. Bane was able to punch through stone, while Bat could only kick through brick with his leg assisted device.

And if you want to play it that way, Batman solos both of them.

Inhuman
OK since you seem to be ignoring what happened in the movie or have simply forgot, here is the final fight.

kxqC9LyNo-0

Time-Immemorial
Yea, and did you see how he got the advantage, his armored gauntlets...tell me how Wick gets that advantage. Also I didn't realize losing to Batman was some low showing.

Inhuman
Yea, and did you see how he got the advantage, his armored gauntlets...tell me how Wick gets that advantage. Also I didn't realize losing to Batman was some low showing.

Did they state in the movie that Baleman had armored gauntlets?

And yes, as far as showings go these 2 are above Baleman. Especially in the skill and speed department.

Time-Immemorial
So his gauntlets that are strong enough to break Ra's sword, and cut through steel are made out of paper? And the rest of his suit is armored but the area that he fights the most with?

Inhuman
So his gauntlets that are strong enough to break Ra's sword, and cut through steel are made out of paper? And the rest of his suit is armored but the area that he fights the most with?

In that case daredevil also has armored gauntlets. You can see it in the promo pics. thumb up
At any rate the skill & speed difference between team 1 and team 2 is significant enough for team two to get the majority.

Time-Immemorial
Looks like studded leather

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11118/111184640/4605932-daredevil_redsuit2.jpg

TheVaultDweller
It's not simply studded leather. Anyone who watched the show knows that the material used is extremely durable (Kingpin's suits made from the same material were stopping blades, and they were just designed like normal-thickness business suits), and the black areas on DD's suit are the toughest and most re-inforced areas.

Anyway, I have reconsidered. I forgot Wick had any notable H2H showings. So going with team 2 instead. Wick doesn't need to beat either Bats or Bane, just last long enough for DD to take out one of them. Then it's 2 on 1. And as I mentioned before, Matt's senses will allow him to hone in on Bane's mask weakness pretty much instantly, and we have seen that DD is willing to main, break bones, put people in comas etc. if needed.

KingD19
Bane gets a billy club tossed into his temple.

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

relentless1
Kingpin was able to hurt DD and fight pretty evenly with him. Bane is stronger and faster plus much more skilled than Fisk is. Bane can beat DD. This fight is Team 1s to win.

KingD19
But who won that fight? And who was injured heavily starting out? Daredevil.

And DD has fought people far faster, far more skilled, and just as strong as Bane. He's nothing Matt hasn't seen before. Slower than Nobu, less skilled than Nobu or Stick, probably in the same strength range as Kingpin.

Time-Immemorial
Batman kills Wick instantly.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by KingD19
But who won that fight? And who was injured heavily starting out? Daredevil.

And DD has fought people far faster, far more skilled, and just as strong as Bane. He's nothing Matt hasn't seen before. Slower than Nobu, less skilled than Nobu or Stick, probably in the same strength range as Kingpin.

He is also ignoring the fact that Kingpin does not have a very exploitable mask weakness.

And just have to ask, what has Batman done to suggest he can kill Wick "instantly" in pure h2h? Does he have any feats of instantly killing any non-fodder in any films using just H2H?

Time-Immemorial
Batman has never used a gun and can beat anyone in H2H.

Wick relies on his gun.

Wick has never faced anyone like Batman.

Batman always wins.

TheVaultDweller
Batman can beat "anyone" in h2h? Nolan Batman?

Also, Wick prefers his guns but we have seen he can use h2h if really needed. And Batman has never faced someone with Wick's feats either, so that doesn't say much. And none of that is evidence that Batman can instantly kill Wick using pure h2h.

Silent Master
I could list dozens of people that would beat Baleman.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Batman can beat "anyone" in h2h? Nolan Batman?

Also, Wick prefers his guns but we have seen he can use h2h if really needed. And Batman has never faced someone with Wick's feats either, so that doesn't say much. And none of that is evidence that Batman can instantly kill Wick using pure h2h.

Insta kill was a joke. His H2H is stronger then Wicks, thats all I'm saying. He will beat Wick based on taking down tougher opponents.

TheVaultDweller
Well, that's a given. Despite the views of some posters, Baleman is not that useless in H2H. So either he or Bane would drop Wick at some point IMO. But all Wick needs to do is last for a while, and we have seen that he has some decent damage soak. He also has the kevlar vest which, while not specifically designed for this, will still absorb some of the impact of body shots. The very real threat to team 1 is Matt, who is faster, more agile and more skilled than either Bats or Bane, and whose senses will allow him to pick up on any weaknesses they have (like Bane's respiratory issues or Bruce's messed up joints). He's been able to detect things like broken bones by hearing how they shift inside a person (so he could probably pick up the fact that most of Bruce's leg cartilage etc. is shot to shit when he moves), tell when someone is about to speak by noticing changes in their breathing pattern, detect people from multiple floors away through smell etc. so his senses give him a ton of extra info. Hell, he can even detect the exact contents of someone's last meal by smelling them, even if they ate a while ago.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.