Sabertooth (X1) vs Sabertooth (Origins)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Estacado
Fight happens in the barn from (Origins)

Go!

golem370
Sabertooth in the first X-Men would win because of his strength

Scoobless
^Also, being stabbed didn't seem to bother him at all.

NuTooth did seem faster though.

golem370
Yes and smarter and more skilled.

golem370
Older Sabertooth did tank being blown out of the Statue of Liberty on to a boat with no damage.

KingD19
Originally posted by golem370
Older Sabertooth did tank being blown out of the Statue of Liberty on to a boat with no damage.

And Nu-Tooth tanked an optic blast that punched him through several feet of reinforced concrete and steel from point blank.

StiltmanFTW

... tank?

Arguably, that killed him. Lol.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
... tank?

Arguably, that killed him. Lol. This lol

We haven't seen him since

Did Toad "tank" storms lightning blast that blew him away and into the distance?

Anyway, I still give this to Sabes from X1. He did pretty damn well against Wolverine, whereas Origins Sabes got absolutely stomped once Wolverine got his adamantium skeleton if I remember correctly.

golem370
I am pretty sure it didn't kill him he also tanked a lightning hit as well.

Scoobless
I am pretty sure it didn't kill him
Based on what? his complete absence from any further part of the X-Men stories?
he also tanked a lightning hit as well.

To "tank" an attack means to take it without effort or injury, getting smashed through a wall and taking a while to get back up is not "tanking" anything.

golem370
Tanked it imo taking the with real damage he seems fine when toad get over to him I am pretty sure he is swimming that magneto's blast is heading towards the city.

Scoobless
Swimming? Never noticed. I guess he could be, will have to check next time I get around to watching it.

golem370
Me too

Robtard
They're the same character so Mane's Sabretooth would have all the feats of Schreiber's, as he would have lived them by his appearance in X1.

So it's a more experienced Sabretooth Vs a less experienced Sabretooth. Which in retrospect makes sense why Mane handled himself better when facing adamantium-laced Logan.

golem370
I am not sure about them being the same

Robtard
Despite the lousy continuity between the X films and Wolverine films, it is. Unless you believe there are two separate Sabretooths? Teeths?

But that's all been changed now since DoFP. But up until the point of X1, they're supposed to be the same character.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Scoobless
Swimming? Never noticed. I guess he could be, will have to check next time I get around to watching it. You don't need to. He was definitely never swimming. I think Golem is just giving a hypothetical situation.

That said, I looked it up just now, and there was apparently a tie in comic thats canon to the movies. Sabes survived the fall and pops back up.

Originally posted by Robtard
They're the same character so Mane's Sabretooth would have all the feats of Schreiber's, as he would have lived them by his appearance in X1.

So it's a more experienced Sabretooth Vs a less experienced Sabretooth. Which in retrospect makes sense why Mane handled himself better when facing adamantium-laced Logan. Agreed. Otherwise, why would Mane's Sabes take Logans weapon X dog tags? They're definitely the same character.

The main problem with treating them them the same though is that Manes is obviously more mutated, to the point that it claimed his ability to talk for the most part. It turned him more animalistic. Thats why I wouldn't really give him Schreiber's experiences to draw on.

Physically, he's obviously better. Mentally/skill wise? Probably not.

Anyway, like you said, origins has been retconned. That makes Schreiber's Sabe's his own character now IMO. I hope to god it means that stupid twist where Sabes was Wolverines brother no longer applies.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I hope to god it means that stupid twist where Sabes was Wolverines brother no longer applies.

Days of Future Past only changed the time line from that point onward, where as Logan and Creed are over a century old, so it shouldn't actually affect it at all. Just like the events of DoFP don't change the fact that they both fought in multiple wars before 1973.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Arachnid1
You don't need to. He was definitely never swimming. I think Golem is just giving a hypothetical situation.

That said, I looked it up just now, and there was apparently a tie in comic thats canon to the movies. Sabes survived the fall and pops back up.

Agreed. Otherwise, why would Mane's Sabes take Logans weapon X dog tags? They're definitely the same character.

The main problem with treating them them the same though is that Manes is obviously more mutated, to the point that it claimed his ability to talk for the most part. It turned him more animalistic. Thats why I wouldn't really give him Schreiber's experiences to draw on.

Physically, he's obviously better. Mentally/skill wise? Probably not.

Anyway, like you said, origins has been retconned. That makes Schreiber's Sabe's his own character now IMO. I hope to god it means that stupid twist where Sabes was Wolverines brother no longer applies.

I also thought Origins was rectonned, but I picked up on something the other day when watching Days of Future Past. It shows Wolverine going through s serious of flashbacks... ONE of them is him getting his claws broken by Sabertooth when he stomped on them in Origins. Being that this scene made it into the latest movie... tells me that it hasn't been rectonned totally if at all.

Darth Thor
DOFP completely ignored Wolverine Origins. It actually took place around the same time period but Stryker was completely different- Age/Looks/Rank.

But even if you want to say it's all one continuity with contradictions, the X-Men movie continuity is so completely messed up that I'd treat them as different Sabertooths (and Wolverines) anyway.

TheVaultDweller
Except those were Logan's memories of his unaltered time line. We also see him stabbing Jean, who we see alive at the end of the film in the changed time line. We also see Cyclops alive, who dies in X3. Also, as we will see very soon, Deadpool is different now as well. Another thing to remember is that Logan specifically told Xavier that he had an issue with remembering anything after 1973, to which Xavier told him something like welcome back, realising what this meant with regards to the changed time line.

But you are right to some degree. As I mentioned before, DoFP only alters the time line from 1973 onward, so anything from before that remains unchanged, such as the events of First Class or any part of Logan's life up until the events of DoFP.

That being said, the X-men films take serious liberties with continuity and the time line.

Robtard
-It seemed that Origins took place mostly in the early to mid 80's with Stryker first meeting Logan sometime during the Vietnam war which America (Stryker) become deeply involved with from around 1961 to 1975.

-The Paris talks were in 1972.

I'd chalk that up as another huge continuity error, which these films have in spades.

edit: But VD's claim of "anything after 73 was changed" seems to be it. Which would include the majority of the Origins film.

Khazra Reborn
X1 Creed seemed pretty tough, Logan never really ended up beating him, where as he stomped Origins Creed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.