Kas'im vs. ROTS Obi wan Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Lightsabers only

Duel takes place on nude boots

JKBart
Obi-Wan stomps

carthage
How is Kenobi stomping someone that was being driven back by an amazing duelist like POD Bane? erm

FreshestSlice
With a lightsaber and superior skill, I'd think.

Syndicate
Carthage! big grin You didn't call him "Trainee Bane." I'm so proud. :')

carthage
You guys don't get it:

I feel like I'm gonna get some hate for this, but I'll be the black sheep here and side Kas'im. I don't believe Obi Wan can get any force edge over Kas'im, as a hastily thrown up barrier of his was powerful enough to block the focal point of a telekinetic wave which leveled the temple of the ancients, said focal point being powerful enough to literally liquidate him, and the Force wave being unleashed by the most powerful dark lord in centuries who is evidently more potent than Ambria's nexus or the Sith Sorceress who corrupted Ambria. And in terms of physical hardiness, not instantly dying after being crushed beneath tons of rock and mortar is a fairly good point in his favor.

Kas'im's martial ability is also demonstrated by his ability to stomp an incarnation of Bane who sabersoloed a dozen Tuk'ata after days of physical exertion with no food or sleep (with similarly sized groups of Tuk'ata giving trouble to multiple of the finest duelists in the Jedi order), who stomped Sirak (a guy who mastered multiple forms including Juyo and saberstaff combat, and who would've destroyed Githany, who herself has made short work of a Jedi warrior who epitomized the Jedi ideal and stomped many of the other Sith at the academy, the lowliest of whom are considered more powerful than an entire division of soldiers), who moved too fast for an entire room of near Sith masters to even see, who knocked Sirak's lightsaber from his hand with the force of one of his strikes (Sirak was casually physically overpowering an earlier version of Bane, who at that point was the most heavily muscled miner on Apatros and stopped a punch from a fellow miner and threw him over his head while exhausted and tanked a hit from a metal pipe with no injury before training in the ways of the force, and after training in the ways of the force Bane knocked a fellow student to the ground with the force behind his blows).

What's curious here is that Bane vastly improves from that point to the extent at which he drives saberstaff Kas'im into a quick retreat, yet when Kas'im switches over to Jar'kai, his preferred form, Bane concedes that aside from being stylistically outmatched, Kas'im is his superior with a blade. This all makes sense when considering Jar'kai as Kas'im's preferred form, as Bane himself is more impressed with Kas'im's skill upon that reveal, Kas'im chose that fighting style out of all others to be his trump card, its versatility plays extremely well into the versatility of Kas'im's fighting style, as opposed to the saberstaff which Kas'im notes as being more limited than a traditional lightsaber in practical use. So while wielding Jar'kai, Kas'im is notably superior to when he's wielding a saberstaff, and when wielding a saberstaff he could stomp a previous incarnation of Bane who has done some pretty remarkable things already. As such, I'd give him the edge as a duelist in terms of the magnitude of his abilities.

He also has versatility going for him, having taken every form to a level beyond mastery by spending even more time than it took to master those forms perfecting every move and sequence of those forms. Such versatility grants him greater options in tactics, greater adaptability in offensive and defensive techniques, more options in mobility and footwork, and more options in energy expenditure. This, coupled with his ability to observe the natural tendencies of duelists and his familiarity with every move and sequence of every form would also increase his adaptability to Obi Wan's style.

FreshestSlice
You're right, carthage. You've convinced me. Kas'im quite possibly could be the most skilled and deadly swordsmen in the mythos, honestly.

JKBart
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
You're right, carthage. You've convinced me. Kas'im quite possibly could be the most skilled and deadly swordsmen in the mythos, honestly.

thumb up

EmperorSidious2
Obi Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.