Thinking about getting bone surgery.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VG_Addict
I'm only 5'2 1/2-5'3, and a guy. I'm thinking about getting that surgery where they break your bones to make you taller.

Should I go for it?

Scribble

VG_Addict
My life would be perfect if I were taller.

I'm already smart, funny, and good-looking.

walshy
Mate, I'm a 5'1 guy, I'm 24, I'm done growing, physically or mentally most likely.

I've heard about this, doesn't it take a very long time to fully recover? imo either accept it if you think you can or if it bothers you so much try the surgery, not sure how much you'll grow by, you ain't going to be 6ft like are you? If you do it just make sure you do lots of research on it.

Don't think it's so awful being the short guy, people come in all shapes n sizes n that. When I was in the army my section commander was about the same height as me, possibly an inch taller, but he'd done tours of Iraq and Afghanistan and was a hard little bastard, I hated him personally but I doubt he moaned about being a short arse much

Scribble
Originally posted by VG_Addict
My life would be perfect if I were taller.

I'm already smart, funny, and good-looking.
Then you don't need to be taller. You already have what most people crave. Perfection is an ideal that people get hung up on way too much, and it's pointless striving for it. You should be grateful for what you have; I'm vaguely smart and funny when I want to be, but I'm average-looking at very best. But I'm not going to go getting facial surgery, because that's not who I am, and I've accepted that. Acceptance of limitations, in my opinion, is one of the most important things one can learn in life.

If you're really het up about being taller, then nothing I or anybody else can say will change your mind as to getting height surgery, and thus this is pointless. But I think most people will say that you don't need to be taller to be happy. And that's my opinion: learn to be happy with what you have, instead of fixating on perceived imperfections.

Sancty
"The approximate time to return to full activities is 3-5 months."

"Cost of the surgery can vary from $50,000 to $75,000 depending on the procedure, which includes the equipment, surgery fees, hospital fees, and post op visits during the lengthening stage."

to become 3 inches taller

walshy
I know another way to get 3 inches bigger, all you need is a helping hand.

NewLanceWindu
I've seen a little person who had this surgery before. It worked, but it looked like it was shitty to go through. He had to do it several times.

Robtard
Move to Cambodia, Vietnam or Indonesia, you'll be average there. Problem solved.

VG_Addict
I don't get it. My dad is 5'8, and my maternal grandfather was 5'11.

Sancty
http://www.magicinsoles.com/images/Ultra400.jpg

2/3 there

walshy
I don't get it. My dad is 5'8, and my maternal grandfather was 5'11. what about your mums side

VG_Addict
Originally posted by walshy
what about your mums side

I just said my maternal grandfather was 5'11.

walshy
Right awesome but is your mum like 5'2 as well? Either way I don't think it's worth it imo but up to you

VG_Addict
Originally posted by walshy
Right awesome but is your mum like 5'2 as well? Either way I don't think it's worth it imo but up to you

She's 5'4-5'5.

walshy
That explains it then. you should make her pay, either for the surgery or by murdering her and screaming "YOU MADE ME SHORT! YOU DID THIS" while crying. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Robtard
You're going to feel like a total dick if he goes out and does it

VG_Addict
Could I be short because I didn't drink milk or eat vegetables when I was younger?

walshy
Yeah probably

Flyattractor
You should try the little blue pills before trying actual surgery.

Scribble
Could I be short because I didn't drink milk or eat vegetables when I was younger? It was because you masturbated. Masturbation is a sin, and you should feel bad

NewLanceWindu
Originally posted by Scribble
It was because you masturbated. Masturbation is a sin, and you should feel bad

Also why he has hairy knuckles.

Scribble
True science fact, bro

VG_Addict
I just feel so unmanly.

walshy
You should stop worrying about how you're short and work out what made you such a *****

VG_Addict
I wouldn't be this way if I were taller.

NewLanceWindu
I wouldn't be this way if I were taller.

You say that now, but height isn't going to give you as much confidence as you might think.

For this kind of surgery you should see a therapist or something first and see if there's anything they can do to make your mental health better so you don't feel the need for such drastic measures.

Sancty
Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
You say that now, but height isn't going to give you as much confidence as you might think.

For this kind of surgery you should see a therapist or something first and see if there's anything they can do to make your mental health better so you don't feel the need for such drastic measures.
thumb up

VG_Addict
Originally posted by NewLanceWindu

What makes you say that?

Maybe not, but it'd sure help.

NewLanceWindu
What makes you say that?

Maybe not, but it'd sure help.

It's the same as people losing weight or gaining muscle. There are tons of first-hand accounts with people saying their change didn't affect their state of mind. They still felt like "that fat kid" or "that scrawny kid". You need to naturally boost your confidence first and foremost.

Stringer
I'm only 5'2 1/2-5'3, and a guy. I'm thinking about getting that surgery where they break your bones to make you taller.

Should I go for it?

Go snap yourself in half

walshy
I wouldn't be this way if I were taller. you just need to get over it, you might need a step ladder though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.