Kylo Ren vs. ESB Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
I think this would be a good fight. They should have about the same potential, and probably pretty close in experience too. Who wins?

Tondemonai
Experience wise, yes. But Luke was trained by Yoda; and was stated by Vader to be his strongest opponent he had fought in a long time.

Jmanghan
Luke stomps.

This is a no contest.

Beniboybling
Kylo, 6-7/10.

He's much more experienced, has had more extensive training and has demonstrated superior mastery over the Force. Luke's innate talent and potential might net him some wins though.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Kylo, 6-7/10.

He's much more experienced, has had more extensive training and has demonstrated superior mastery over the Force. Luke's innate talent and potential might net him some wins though. Vader outright stated that Luke as of ESB was his strongest opponent.

Stronger then Dooku, and both duels with Obi-Wan.

He never hints at them, but he does say "strongest".

Beniboybling
Yah before the PT even existed.

Jmanghan
Plus Vader is on a whole nother spectrum of power then Ren and Snoke combined most likely, and Luke was able to injure Vader.

An uninjured and unhindered Vader.

Just as well, Ren doesn't deserve to be in the same battlefield as anyone on Luke's level, he'd completely embarrass himself.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Yah before the PT even existed. Chronological order goes 1-7.

Everything Vader said was canon.

People still take Sidious being the most powerful sith lord seriously, despite people like Valkorion being around.

Beniboybling
And Luke was only able to tap Vader because he left himself recklessly exposed.

Also are you referring to the Shadows of the Empire quote? Because if so it doesn't say that.

Darth Thor
And it's not canon anyway.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Darth Thor
And it's not canon anyway. Is it?...

IS IT REALLY??

Rebel95
I think these two are pretty equal if you think about it. They both have Skywalker blood so I'm assuming they have equal potential, and they're at similar stages in their fighting careers. Luke has received some training from Obi Wan and Yoda, but his training is incomplete. Kylo has been trained by Luke and Snoke, but his training is also incomplete. They both lose a hand in a duel. Then Luke escapes to complete his training with Yoda, and Kylo escapes to complete his training with Snoke. Kylo is like the dark side version of Luke.

Jmanghan
Based on their movie showings, Ren is inferior anyway.

Dueling fairly evenly with Vader is >>>>>>> Anything Ren could ever dream of.

Its gonna be hilarious when Luke stomps Ren and Snoke at the same time with a force push.

I'd actually argue that he could beat Snoke as well, but we don't know what Snoke is capable of, only that he's much stronger then Kylo Ren.

Rebel95
Kylo's force feats trump anything Luke has ever done in the movies.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Rebel95
Kylo's force feats trump anything Luke has ever done in the movies. What did Kylo do with the force?

Rebel95
Did you see the movie? (serious question not being sarcastic)

He stopped a blaster bolt in mid air and held it there for a while.
He froze Poe and Rey later on too.
He TK'd Rey after having been badly wounded.

What has Luke done?
I think it's pretty obvious that Kylo is more skilled in the force at this point.

quanchi112
Kylo wins.

Jmanghan
Did you see the movie? (serious question not being sarcastic)

He stopped a blaster bolt in mid air and held it there for a while.
He froze Poe and Rey later on too.
He TK'd Rey after having been badly wounded.

What has Luke done?
I think it's pretty obvious that Kylo is more skilled in the force at this point. I mean, those are great and all, but Luke easily picked up an X-Wing.

That is >>>>>>>> Kylo Ren's feats.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I mean, those are great and all, but Luke easily picked up an X-Wing.
You and I did not watch the same movie apparently.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Emperordmb
You and I did not watch the same movie apparently. So you don't remember the part in ESB where Luke picked up an X-Wing?

quanchi112
So you don't remember the part in ESB where Luke picked up an X-Wing? When ?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by quanchi112
When ? My bad. I confused Yoda with Luke.

Regardless, Kylo Ren's force feats, while better, aren't outstanding by any means, and Kylo Ren certainly isn't in Vader's league, nor will he ever be.

Tondemonai
I was gonna say he failed at that. Also Ren's fest with the blaster bolt is impressive but not all that. It's just a more advanced application of Force Stasis. Luke may not have any accolades or feats quite on that level but his TK feat with when he was balancing on one hand (IIRC, maybe just a regular handstand) and Yoda standing on his foot using TK to lift several boxes and R2 at the same time with his eyes closed. Not only that but surviving a confrontation with Vader (granted he was holding bank so as not to kill his son but none the less it's fking Vader). Luke takes majority IMO. The Force stasis could be an issue but I don't see Luke losing just from that.

Darth Thor
They both have Skywalker blood so I'm assuming they have equal potential,

Nah Luke should have greater potential.

red8
I think Kylo would win this one.

quanchi112
My bad. I confused Yoda with Luke.

Regardless, Kylo Ren's force feats, while better, aren't outstanding by any means, and Kylo Ren certainly isn't in Vader's league, nor will he ever be. Oh yes he most certainly will as he's already eclipsed him in evil.

quanchi112
Originally posted by red8
I think Kylo would win this one. thumb up

Jmanghan
Oh yes he most certainly will as he's already eclipsed him in evil. Being more Evil translates to how powerful someone can become.

Thats why Voldemort is more powerful then Palpatine, and Ren is more powerful then Vader, right?

Rebel95
Kylo will become as powerful as Vader, just wait.

Jmanghan
Kylo will become as powerful as Vader, just wait. Oh, I bet.

Actually no, because at this point Savage Opress would tool him.

quanchi112
Being more Evil translates to how powerful someone can become.

Thats why Voldemort is more powerful then Palpatine, and Ren is more powerful then Vader, right? No, it doesn't but Kylo will become as powerful as him by the next film IMO. Wait and see.

Q99
No, it doesn't but Kylo will become as powerful as him by the next film IMO. Wait and see.

I think the gap will shrink *tremendously*, but he'll still need more experience if he wants to match him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Q99
I think the gap will shrink *tremendously*, but he'll still need more experience if he wants to match him. Wait and see.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Luke stomps.

This is a no contest.

thumb up

Rebel95
What makes you think that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.