Kylo Ren very underrated

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95

Rebel95
Wanted to post this so people would stop saying how weak he is because he lost to Rey.

Bashar Teg
luke was a lazy whiney underachiever until ep6.

Lord Lucien
oh ok cool

Bentley
He is so strong and such a great character that people want him to change between films in order to make sense of him as a villain.

Rebel95
He has great potential. Can't wait for the next movie.

Bentley
Originally posted by Rebel95
He has great potential. Can't wait for the next movie.

That's the whole point of TFA, to wait for the next movie.

queeq
I like Kylo.

red8
Kylo was the worst part of TFA.
He's the reincarnation of AotC Anakin.
Instead of crying about how coarse sand is, he throws whiny temper tantrums.
Even before he took off his helmet, he seemed like a really bland villain.

What can save Kylo? Better acting and a haircut.

Also, they should under no circumstances redeem him. He could actually become interesting if he fully embraces the Dark Side.

queeq
He's not the reincarnation of Anakin. Kylo has a character.

ares834
Originally posted by Bentley

Sounds like you weren't a fan of ESB either.

Bentley
Originally posted by ares834
Sounds like you weren't a fan of ESB either.

Personally I'm a big fans of open endings when the things we have been told so far make sense. So ESB is acceptable except from the "He is our only hope -No, there is another" plot, which never amounted to anything anyways.

queeq
It was supposed to though... but George took a short cut and made it rather unimportant.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
luke was a lazy whiney underachiever until ep6.

Eh?....Cause helping to destroy a moon sized battle station and going on to lead a famous Squadron of pilots is lazy.

queeq
Yeah, I don't get that either.

Lord Lucien
F*ck his swallowing his sadness over his home's burning, f*ck his leaving it all behind to become a Jedi, f*ck his rescue mission of Leia, f*ck his do-or-die run on the Death Star trench, f*ck his taking down a wampa and surviving the wastes of an ice planet, f*ck his head-on attack to defend the Rebel transports, f*ck his training with Yoda, f*ck his devotion to leave the training behind to save his friends, f*ck his steadfast confrontation with the Lord of Evil, and f*ck his stupid haircut.

Yeah, what a whiny, do nothing, underachieving loser. He didn't even have an opinion on sand!

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
F*ck his swallowing his sadness over his home's burning, f*ck his leaving it all behind to become a Jedi, f*ck his rescue mission of Leia, f*ck his do-or-die run on the Death Star trench, f*ck his taking down a wampa and surviving the wastes of an ice planet, f*ck his head-on attack to defend the Rebel transports, f*ck his training with Yoda, f*ck his devotion to leave the training behind to save his friends, f*ck his steadfast confrontation with the Lord of Evil, and f*ck his stupid haircut.

Yeah, what a whiny, do nothing, underachieving loser. He didn't even have an opinion on sand!

Unforgivable. The apple does fall far from the tree.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Unforgivable. The apple does fall far from the tree. No. No, you will die!

Also, welcome back. Again. Stick around this time or die, huh?

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Eh?....Cause helping to destroy a moon sized battle station and going on to lead a famous Squadron of pilots is lazy.

in which film did he lead a famous squadron, again? my memory is hazy.

blowing up the deathstar and very sloppily destroying a single AT-AT seemed to be his only significant accomplishments on film until ep6.

ares834
Plus helping save Leia and getting the Death Star plans to the Rebels.

He was a bit of a failure in ESB though.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Bentley

laughing out loud

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Rebel95
Wanted to post this so people would stop saying how weak he is because he lost to Rey.

Indeed. I really do not understand why people keep saying that. Is it really that hard for them to comprehend that a guy who's been shot in the side (by an incredibly powerful weapon no less) is not going to be at his best?

Heck, the fact that he fought as well as he did shows he's really powerful.

Q99
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Indeed. I really do not understand why people keep saying that. Is it really that hard for them to comprehend that a guy who's been shot in the side (by an incredibly powerful weapon no less) is not going to be at his best?

Heck, the fact that he fought as well as he did shows he's really powerful.

Apparently yes.

Especially considering he wasn't really going for the kill. He was overpowering and pushing back her back a lot of the time. He gave her the opportunity.

His mobility was clearly hampered- when fighting Finn, the only reason Finn lasted was he kept being thrown back, and Kylo would have to pause rather than rushing forward to finish. Which also is probably why his defense faultered when pushed. As one would expect!

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
luke was a lazy whiney underachiever until ep6. thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by queeq
I like Kylo. I concur.

atv2
I heard from a storm trooper that he was a punk and that he was 30 pounds soaking wet under his black robes and that's why he lost to Rey.

I thought he was really cool at the beginning. After he took the mask off is when he started to be vulnerable. I saw a lot of potential in his character and I'm looking forward to how he is going to develop in episodes 8 and 9.

queeq
Originally posted by ares834
Plus helping save Leia and getting the Death Star plans to the Rebels.

He was a bit of a failure in ESB though.

Errr.... yeah. It was the second act... In all classic bro tales the hero fails in the second act. That is the point.

Slash_KMC
No. No, you will die!

Also, welcome back. Again. Stick around this time or die, huh?

I'm apparently not very good at the sticking around. I check in every year or so.

Seeing as I don't have the time and I'm too lazy to browse all the threads, what's your opinion on the newest movie?

queeq
Well... I think we just filled threads of that.

See you next year!

StiltmanFTW
He didn't even have an opinion on sand!

laughing out loud

Rebel95
Originally posted by atv2
I thought he was really cool at the beginning. After he took the mask off is when he started to be vulnerable. I saw a lot of potential in his character and I'm looking forward to how he is going to develop in episodes 8 and 9.
thumb up

queeq
Yup, most of us do!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.