Thanos runs the following gauntlet...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Thanos runs the following gauntlet with all battles being to the Death or KO with no BFR allowed; no prep is allowed for either side and Thanos has full access to all his technology...

Thanos is allowed no rest or recovery time inbetween rounds; as soon as one ends, the next begins immediately...

How far does Thanos get?

1) The entire Low Meta Tier...
2) The entire Mid Meta Tier...
3) The entire High Meta Tier...
4) The entire Low Herald Tier...
5) The entire Mid Herald Tier...
6) The entire High Herald Tier...

ghostman
stops at 4.

Martian_mind
Doesn't make it past 2.

TheLordofMurder
Interesting poll results thus far...

Anyone care to defend their vote with a rational argument?

riv6672
Before i vote, which of those tiers is Zatanna in? Because thats where Thanos stops.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by riv6672
Before i vote, which of those tiers is Zatanna in? Because thats where Thanos stops.

The tierings are located here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t577922.html

Curiously though, I dont see Zatanna listed...

I'd personally place her as a Low Herald (great offensive ability, but isnt built to take alot of punishment)...

riv6672
I didnt see her listed either, which is why i asked. Thanks.

TheLordofMurder
I'm really curious as to why those who voted Thanos stops at 2 voted that way...

I pray that there is a rational argument for it and its not just trolling...

@Martian mind

Why do you feel Thanos stops at 2?

riv6672
I wish you luck in getting the answers you seek.
Thats easier said than done here at times. thumb up

DarkSaint85
Low Meta tier has Longshot, with his luck. Stops at Low Meta.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Low Meta tier has Longshot, with his luck. Stops at Low Meta.

I am unfamiliar with this character...

What feats does he have to his name to suggest that he can be an asset in taking down Thanos?

Also, whats to keep Thanos from AoE killing the entire Low Meta Tier (or at the very least most of them) in one shot?

Philosophía
Definitely high meta.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
I am unfamiliar with this character...

What feats does he have to his name to suggest that he can be an asset in taking down Thanos?

Also, whats to keep Thanos from AoE killing the entire Low Meta Tier (or at the very least most of them) in one shot?

He fought the In-Betweener (he DID have a Cosmic Cube for some of it, though). Has extreme luck - if villains try to do something against him, things just HAPPEN, that saves his ass.

He has a miniseries, Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe. The title should tell you what feats he has, lol.

For example, if Thanos tries doing the AoE attack, against Longshot, it would just backfire and KO Thanos himself - that kinda thing.

Martian_mind
2 has Ragman, who should have no problems absorbing Thanos, especially with all the others serving as fodder/distractions.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Martian_mind
2 has Ragman, who should have no problems absorbing Thanos, especially with all the others serving as fodder/distractions.

thumb up.

I still reckon he trips up and falls on his ass in 1, KOing himself. Such is the bad luck aura of Longshot.

Martian_mind
I'm down for that. thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Edit

TheLordofMurder
He fought the In-Betweener (he DID have a Cosmic Cube for some of it, though). Has extreme luck - if villains try to do something against him, things just HAPPEN, that saves his ass.

He has a miniseries, Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe. The title should tell you what feats he has, lol.

For example, if Thanos tries doing the AoE attack, against Longshot, it would just backfire and KO Thanos himself - that kinda thing.

You know, Thanos should be immune to his power..

Multiple times Thanos has been stated to be beyond the boundaries of Order and Chaos (this is the reason Order and Chaos had no idea Thanos was helping Inbetweener escape during the Thanos Quest); this should theoretically make him immune to random, low probability events such as bad luck...

ShadowFyre
The entire tier? Meaning from DC,Marvel, Image? Etc. At same time? He pobably stops at two or maybe three.. Your talking like a thousand heroes and viluans and a lot of them may have one particular hax power and nothing else plus theybarebusually really smart and have crazy gadgets to let them hang. So its not inconceivable to think one or two might have a powerset/gadget to hurt or kill him.

Or he could just use planetary level blasts to one shot kill his way to mid herald tier which I doubt he clears. To many bodies and powers.

DarkSaint85

Multiple times Thanos has been stated to be beyond the boundaries of Order and Chaos (this is the reason Order and Chaos had no idea Thanos was helping Inbetweener escape during the Thanos Quest); this should theoretically make him immune to random, low probability events such as bad luck...

Theoretically?

So no proof?

TheLordofMurder
Theoretically?

So no proof?

He's been shown to be outside the boundaries of Order and Chaos on panel...

I just sited an example during the Thanos Quest...

TheLordofMurder
Adam Warlock is too if I remember correctly...

DarkSaint85
He's been shown to be outside the boundaries of Order and Chaos on panel...

I just sited an example during the Thanos Quest...

Didn't Order and Chaos cause the defeat of Thanos? By manipulating events?

riv6672
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
The entire tier? Meaning from DC,Marvel, Image? Etc. At same time? He pobably stops at two or maybe three.. Your talking like a thousand heroes and viluans and a lot of them may have one particular hax power and nothing else plus theybarebusually really smart and have crazy gadgets to let them hang. So its not inconceivable to think one or two might have a powerset/gadget to hurt or kill him.

Or he could just use planetary level blasts to one shot kill his way to mid herald tier which I doubt he clears. To many bodies and powers.
Yeah, after thinking it over, i vote stops at 2.

TheLordofMurder
Theoretically?

So no proof?

Heres a line from Thanos himself that would seem to indicate that even if Longshots power could effect Thanos, its effect would be minimal...

http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o783/dbzrk/RealityDistortion_zps0f9793ad.jpg

One Big Mob
Longshot sucks btw

Darksaint overplays his dudes hard

ShadowFyre
Yeah, after thinking it over, i vote stops at 2.

Thats just to many people, and you have people like squirrel girl in there.

riv6672
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Longshot sucks btw

A little bit, yeah.
BUT, considering how often luck is a factor, in story, in wins and losses, you cant discount someone who's power IS luck.

DarkSaint85
Longshot sucks btw

Imagine if I supported characters who people actually gave a crap about, like Hulk.

riv6672
You'd be unstoppable.

Much like the Hulk.

basilisk

Multiple times Thanos has been stated to be beyond the boundaries of Order and Chaos (this is the reason Order and Chaos had no idea Thanos was helping Inbetweener escape during the Thanos Quest); this should theoretically make him immune to random, low probability events such as bad luck... Yeah, but if he can't have bad luck.. at all... that would almost like having a good luck power. Not being affected by probability even just at a low level would be very strange, after all he deals in probabilities all the time when planning - and things do go wrong for him sometimes even just minor setbacks.. And if he can suffer bad luck at all (which I think he can) then Longshot can give it to him. I don't think Thanos's powers really protect him at that level.

The entire tier? Meaning from DC,Marvel, Image? Etc. At same time? He pobably stops at two or maybe three.. Your talking like a thousand heroes and viluans and a lot of them may have one particular hax power and nothing else plus theybarebusually really smart and have crazy gadgets to let them hang. So its not inconceivable to think one or two might have a powerset/gadget to hurt or kill him Yeah, there are almost certainly some hax abilities in that tier that could do something useful. Ragman and Longshot have been mentioned but they are just for starters.

I'm really curious as to why those who voted Thanos stops at 2 voted that way...

I pray that there is a rational argument for it and its not just trolling...
Pym is in that tier.

TheLordofMurder
Didn't Order and Chaos cause the defeat of Thanos? By manipulating events?

I I honestly cant remember...

Although two abstracts should be able to bring down Thanos if they are directly tampering with him or the events around him...

DarkSaint85
I I honestly cant remember...

Although two abstracts should be able to bring down Thanos if they are directly tampering with him or the events around him...

They did. So he's hardly immune - otherwise, as basilisk said, Thanos essentially has 100% good luck in all he does.

Kinda blows the whole 'prep god' and 'tactical genius' thing he has into perspective, if he's just that damn lucky.

TheLordofMurder

It would be the an entire tier as per the tierings here at KMC...

And while true there maybe some hax characters that potentially could bring down Thanos in these senario's, will they be able to with no prep against a Thanos with full access to his tech?

Also, Thanos has some of the best damage soak in comics for characters that are sub Odin level; he's resisted reality warp, he's withstood direct attacks from High Skyfathers and Cube Beings, he's got tremendous strength of will...

Inaddition (especially among the less tiers) he'd be wiping out characters like a white hot knife against butter...

Those he cant one shot he can bring down with mind rape or even turn certain characters against their comrads...

Now, I'm not saying that one of the lesser teirs cant beat him, but I'm going to have to hear a pretty convincing argument to be swayed in that direction...

TheLordofMurder
Heres a line from Thanos himself that would seem to indicate that even if Longshots power could effect Thanos, its effect would be minimal...

http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o783/dbzrk/RealityDistortion_zps0f9793ad.jpg

@DarkSaint

Maybe he's not immune, but atleast accoring to Thanos in this link, outside influences have a minimal effect on his being...

So yeah, maybe Longshot can give him some bad luck, but enough to defeat him?

I can see enough to turn this from a stomp in Thanos's favor to him having to work for it, but defeating Thanos (especially with him being outside of Order and Chaos and outside influences having a minimal effect on his being) with nothing but luck seems to be a pretty tall order...

Surtur

Why does she defeat Thanos?

TheLordofMurder
A little bit, yeah.
BUT, considering how often luck is a factor, in story, in wins and losses, you cant discount someone who's power IS luck.

True, but that luck will have a minimal effect on Thanos's being...

And having luck doesnt mean no limits either as there is a line between luck and PIS...

One Big Mob
Longshot's biggest villain is an overweight spider. Guy has accomplished jack shit in his comic career besides the occasional trip up.

If you're no limiting him then what's to stop Thanos from blowing up the planet which is actually within his power?

Surtur
Thanos has resisted reality warping. He can attack you with psionics, he can vaporize you with energy blasts, he can transmute you into stone, he can control his entire molecular structure. I don't think Longshot is going to do much but get vaped.

DarkSaint85
@DarkSaint

Maybe he's not immune, but atleast accoring to Thanos in this link, outside influences have a minimal effect on his being...

So yeah, maybe Longshot can give him some bad luck, but enough to defeat him?

I can see enough to turn this from a stomp in Thanos's favor to him having to work for it, but defeating Thanos (especially with him being outside of Order and Chaos and outside influences having a minimal effect on his being) with nothing but luck seems to be a pretty tall order...

He's not outside of Order and Chaos, though - they've specifically manipulated events and characters in order to bring heroes together, who defeated Thanos.

So if, as you say, he is immune to that, then he wouldn't have been defeated by such shenanigans. But he was - all thanks to the machinations of Order and Chaos, who manipulated probability to defeat him.

But take your point that he is NOT immune - then the degree to which he is immune depends.

You see, it doesn't matter to Longshot. All that matters is that he is OK. So what needs to happen to save him, will save him. Maybe Squirrel Girl (street tier?) just so happens to be stopping by. Nothing to do with Thanos, so why would he be affected?

But Squirrel Girl would be the ONE foe he definitely loses to. And so, she will appear.

Just as an example.

DarkSaint85
Longshot's biggest villain is an overweight spider. Guy has accomplished jack shit in his comic career besides the occasional trip up.

If you're no limiting him then what's to stop Thanos from blowing up the planet which is actually within his power?

Luck.

Surtur
Isn't it at best a quickdraw then? Whoever activates their power first, Longshot or Thanos?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Surtur
Thanos has resisted reality warping. He can attack you with psionics, he can vaporize you with energy blasts, he can transmute you into stone, he can control his entire molecular structure. I don't think Longshot is going to do much but get vaped.

He can resist reality warp all he likes; not sure how it helps when suddenly Squirrel Girl appears.

Which is a tactic Longshot has used before. Fighting Dracula? Oh, Blade just so happens to be there! A werewolf Cap? Oh, here's a Cap with the exact serum just so needed to revert him! Magneto about to attack? Oh, here are his allergies to make his powers fire suddenly! Etc etc.

TheLordofMurder
He's not outside of Order and Chaos, though - they've specifically manipulated events and characters in order to bring heroes together, who defeated Thanos.

So if, as you say, he is immune to that, then he wouldn't have been defeated by such shenanigans. But he was - all thanks to the machinations of Order and Chaos, who manipulated probability to defeat him.

But take your point that he is NOT immune - then the degree to which he is immune depends.

You see, it doesn't matter to Longshot. All that matters is that he is OK. So what needs to happen to save him, will save him. Maybe Squirrel Girl (street tier?) just so happens to be stopping by. Nothing to do with Thanos, so why would he be affected?

But Squirrel Girl would be the ONE foe he definitely loses to. And so, she will appear.

Just as an example.

Oh sure, Order and Chaos can manipulate events around Thanos to bring him down while Thanos is still outside of them; that just means they cant tamper with him directly...

So if random Ordered and Chaotic events have no effect on him (or atleast minimal effect on his being) then Longshotwont be able to beat Thanos by causing his AoE to rebound and KO him as you suggested earlier...

What happens if Thanos mind controls him?

Surtur
He can resist reality warp all he likes; not sure how it helps when suddenly Squirrel Girl appears.

Which is a tactic Longshot has used before. Fighting Dracula? Oh, Blade just so happens to be there! A werewolf Cap? Oh, here's a Cap with the exact serum just so needed to revert him! Magneto about to attack? Oh, here are his allergies to make his powers fire suddenly! Etc etc.

I don't see why Longshot is allowed to include other heroes in this that will just show up. It doesn't seem to be a scenario fight.

TheLordofMurder
@DarkSaint

Who has Longshot lost to?

Or has he never suffered a loss in his comicbook career?

TheLordofMurder
I don't see why Longshot is allowed to include other heroes in this that will just show up. It doesn't seem to be a scenario fight.

Yeah, tactics like that are not allowed in the forum setting if I remember correctly...

Insane Titan
Lol at ppl saying clears it.

Longshot gets mindf*cked

DarkSaint85
Oh sure, Order and Chaos can manipulate events around Thanos to bring him down while Thanos is still outside of them; that just means they cant tamper with him directly...

So if random Ordered and Chaotic events have no effect on him (or atleast minimal effect on his being) then Longshotwont be able to beat Thanos by causing his AoE to rebound and KO him as you suggested earlier...

What happens if Thanos mind controls him?

Luck - just as he tries, Thanos gets hit in the back from Cyclops (or whoever).

Here, just as two vampires are about to attack him (Dracula and a vamp Wolverine), guess who shows up randomly:

http://s29.postimg.org/whpzlpu87/3803766_longshot_saves_the_marvel_universe_3_o.jpg

One Big Mob
Luck. With luck Longshot doesn't die. That's all he can hope for

Surtur
Originally posted by Insane Titan

Longshot gets mindf*cked

Yeah I really do just see him getting slapped down by Thanos. He has a plethora of powers to choose from.

I mean since technically it would be lucky if Thanos killed him via vaporizing him as opposed to a slow death, right? So we do have the luck kicking in kind of.

TheLordofMurder
Luck - just as he tries, Thanos gets hit in the back from Cyclops (or whoever).

Here, just as two vampires are about to attack him (Dracula and a vamp Wolverine), guess who shows up randomly:

http://s29.postimg.org/whpzlpu87/3803766_longshot_saves_the_marvel_universe_3_o.jpg

No question, that is a very haxed ability... thumb up

But this is a forum fight, not a senario in a comicbook where other characters are potentially lurking about and can just happen to be in the right place at the right time to assist/save Longshot...

One Big Mob
No question, that is a very haxed ability... thumb up

But this is a forum fight, not a senario in a comicbook where other characters are potentially lurking about and can just happen to be in the right place at the right time to assist/save Longshot... Or from a comic where In-Betweener was specifically summoning those characters...

DarkSaint85
Yeah I really do just see him getting slapped down by Thanos. He has a plethora of powers to choose from.

I mean since technically it would be lucky if Thanos killed him via vaporizing him as opposed to a slow death, right? So we do have the luck kicking in kind of.

Yeah, it's not how it works.

With recent depictions, Squirrel Girl would suddenly appear and Thanos would lose. That's how it kicks in.

About to be eaten by a werewolf Cap? Boom, the one guy who just so happens to carry a cure, pops up out of nowhere:

http://s24.postimg.org/6sa0rw3qd/3803765_longshot_saves_the_marvel_universe_3_o.jpg

Surtur
So in other words Longshot can't beat Thanos, he can just make it so other people who can beat Thanos appear?

I mean if someone else shows up and beats Thanos, that is a win for them not Longshot.

DarkSaint85
Or from a comic where In-Betweener was specifically summoning those characters...

IB wasn't summoning all of them.

Besides, Squirrel Girl would be on the field, no?

quanchi112

Silence, clone.

TheLordofMurder
Or from a comic where In-Betweener was specifically summoning those characters...

So wait, Inbetweener was actually the one summoning up those characters that were appearing to save Longshot?

DarkSaint85
So in other words Longshot can't beat Thanos, he can just make it so other people who can beat Thanos appear?

He can also affect the surroundings (so when mind controlled Deadpool was about to kill someone, a nearby chimichanga stand just so happened to blow up, which snapped DP back to reality).

Or when in a MExican standoff:

http://s10.postimg.org/mez490c4p/3803746_longshot_saves_the_marvel_universe_1_o.jpg

Beatboks has more scans.

DarkSaint85
So wait, Inbetweener was actually the one summoning up those characters that were appearing to save Longshot?

No.

Surtur
It seems like Longshot has to activate it though to get more potent effects, right? It's not a passive thing? Since you see his eyes flaring up in those scans, indicating he is using his power.

TheLordofMurder
@DarkSaint

You know, the tierings here at KMC (which are the ones used in this thread) dont feature Squirre Girl at all...

So she's not on the battlefield in this thread...

So when the Low Meta's take the field, its just them vs Thanos...

DarkSaint85
Yeah - but speed doesn't really matter because he just DOES things, without even knowing why. IOW, his powers are always on.

For example, he's not faster than Spidey...but luck means he doesn't have to be:
http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff368/beatboks01/longshot/LongshotSpidey1.jpg

Or with a telepath like Psylocke:
http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff368/beatboks01/longshot/08.jpg

Delta1938

laughing Really? These happened? If so, Longshot is ****ing hax.

DarkSaint85
@DarkSaint

You know, the tierings here at KMC (which are the ones used in this thread) dont feature Squirre Girl at all...

So she's not on the battlefield in this thread...

So when the Low Meta's take the field, its just them vs Thanos...

So when others were talking about hundreds or thousands of characters, you didn't seem to correct them...

TheLordofMurder
So when others were talking about hundreds or thousands of characters, you didn't seem to correct them...

Yes I did...go back and look...page 2.

Edit: page 2.

DarkSaint85
But characters are allowed access to items they have been shown to easily access before, right? As long as they don't leave the battlefield to whip an 'anti Thanos' ray or whatever?

TheLordofMurder
But characters are allowed access to items they have been shown to easily access before, right? As long as they don't leave the battlefield to whip an 'anti Thanos' ray or whatever?

They get standard equipment, but thats all unless otherwise stated in the OP...

Delta1938
Yes I did...go back and look...page 2.

Edit: page 2.

This?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Delta1938
This?

Yep...

DarkSaint85
They get standard equipment, but thats all unless otherwise stated in the OP...

Just for the lulz, a cosmic cube suddenly appears...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/4057622-tumblr_mw25nbelr71r7hjkqo1_500.jpg

Pwwwaanet!

One Big Mob
So wait, Inbetweener was actually the one summoning up those characters that were appearing to save Longshot? Yes. He was pulling characters from other universes and threatening the multiverse by doing it. Longshot at best was influencing the characters he chose. Longshot can't summon characters from alternate realities.

IB wasn't summoning all of them.

Besides, Squirrel Girl would be on the field, no? Every single one of them.

She beat a Thanos with the power to destroy a universe. Why in the **** would she be in Longshot's tier? And if she was on the field, then it has nothing to do with Longshot

TheLordofMurder

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/4057622-tumblr_mw25nbelr71r7hjkqo1_500.jpg

Pwwwaanet!

Once again, Longshot is crazily haxed, but I dont think that prevents the Low Meta's from falling to Thanos...

None of the Low Meta's have a CCU as standard equipment...

One Big Mob

Pwwwaanet! The Cosmic Cube was part of the story the entire time though. Nor does that have any bearing on this thread.

DarkSaint85
Yes. He was pulling characters from other universes and threatening the multiverse by doing it. Longshot at best was influencing the characters he chose. Longshot can't summon characters from alternate realities.

Every single one of them.

She beat a Thanos with the power to destroy a universe. Why in the **** would she be in Longshot's tier? And if she was on the field, then it has nothing to do with Longshot

She's also lost to Wolverine.....

Longshot wasn't summoning beings from alt. Realities. The characters that showed up (Ghost Rider, when Carnage Surfer was present, or Thor, when he jumped off the helicarrier, or Blade etc) weren't al.realities.

The characters they fought were.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by quanchi112
Silence, clone. run away puppy gee for PR puts you down.

DarkSaint85
I think the real question here is, why are Quan and IT fighting??

TheLordofMurder
I think the real question here is, why are Quan and IT fighting??

thumb up

One Big Mob
She's also lost to Wolverine.....

Longshot wasn't summoning beings from alt. Realities. The characters that showed up (Ghost Rider, when Carnage Surfer was present, or Thor, when he jumped off the helicarrier, or Blade etc) weren't al.realities.

The characters they fought were. Firelord lost to Spider-Man.
But Squirrel Girl can't beat Thanos if she can't withstand Wolverine in h2h. Either one loss brings her down many tiers and she loses to Thanos or that one loss was pis. You can't have it both ways.

So they were already in the story and part of the fight? He doesn't summon characters. He makes things that possibly can happen, happen. Ghost Rider came with Order. Blade was apparently in a taxi trunk in the city. Captain America and Thor were in the vicinity when something big happened both times. He basically pulled a "please notice me". And he didn't even do shiny eyes when Ghost Rider appeared anyway.

And what was reiterated twice was that if Longshot pushes his luck too hard, it doesn't work. Which he almost maxed out on stopping a helicarrier from killing him. A Thanos blast is much more powerful and faster. An aoe is much more unavoidable. The whole tier is centered around people that can't hurt Thanos. Anything he could possibly do to defeat Thanos outright would be pushing his luck too hard

Without SG, what can Longshot do to Thanos?

Insane Titan
I think the real question here is, why are Quan and IT fighting?? He comments on my posts all the time wanting attention from me, dunno if it's a jealous thing.

One Big Mob
Also Longshot lost to Deadpool in that series.

quanchi112
run away puppy gee for PR puts you down. I am good but I worry about your sanity if Lob aka Lord of that guy who forgot his password. Just try to be the best clone you can be.

Horrificus
Thanos has probably made sure that he could endure eventualities like the opposition listed in this thread.
Has done so through standard strategic planning and alterations to himself.

At the same time, approaching level 5, there is only so much he can do in opposition to that much experience, or power, or intelligence, or combinations of these assets.

Case in point: Thanos

At some point, Thanos himself was at these lower levels, and managed to survive, triumph and improve, while battling greater enemies.

TheLordofMurder
Firelord lost to Spider-Man.
But Squirrel Girl can't beat Thanos if she can't withstand Wolverine in h2h. Either one loss brings her down many tiers and she loses to Thanos or that one loss was pis. You can't have it both ways.

So they were already in the story and part of the fight? He doesn't summon characters. He makes things that possibly can happen, happen. Ghost Rider came with Order. Blade was apparently in a taxi trunk in the city. Captain America and Thor were in the vicinity when something big happened both times. He basically pulled a "please notice me". And he didn't even do shiny eyes when Ghost Rider appeared anyway.

And what was reiterated twice was that if Longshot pushes his luck too hard, it doesn't work. Which he almost maxed out on stopping a helicarrier from killing him. A Thanos blast is much more powerful and faster. An aoe is much more unavoidable. The whole tier is centered around people that can't hurt Thanos. Anything he could possibly do to defeat Thanos outright would be pushing his luck too hard

Without SG, what can Longshot do to Thanos?

Excellent post!

thumb up

deathslash
Thanos stops at 1. Luke cage, iron fist, and wolverine are all in the low meta tier. This'll be a massacre.

Insane Titan
I am good but I worry about your sanity if Lob aka Lord of that guy who forgot his password. Just try to be the best clone you can be. you worry about getting attention that's it. Lol at you jumping on another poster cock though that's typical you f*ggot.

TheLordofMurder
Excellent poll results KMC! thumb up

Nice, relatively even distribution of opinions on this...

I'm actually kinda shocked to see that I'm the only one who thinks the Low Heralds stop him, but I do fully agree with the majority that if he somehow gets past the Low Heralds, he stops for sure at the Mid Heralds (my thinking was Thanos steamrolls the Low and Mid Meta's, encounters resistance against the High Meta's , and falls after a brutal battle to the Low Heralds; Doom and Drax prove decisive IMHO)...

zopzop
Excellent poll results KMC! thumb up

Nice, relatively even distribution of opinions on this...

I'm actually kinda shocked to see that I'm the only one who thinks the Low Heralds stop him, but I do fully agree with the majority that if he somehow gets past the Low Heralds, he stops for sure at the Mid Heralds (my thinking was Thanos steamrolls the Low and Mid Meta's, encounters resistance against the High Meta's , and falls after a brutal battle to the Low Heralds; Doom and Drax prove decisive IMHO)...
We have to be careful with threads like this. There are members of certain tiers with totally broken powers. On their own they'd be no match for Thanos, but combined with the ENTIRE TIER, they can probably take out a skyfather.

Look at Glorian, for sure not mid herald, debatable if he's even low herald. But give him enough power and he's a planetary level (minimum) reality warper. Or Freedom Ring (yes I know it's a stupid name). He has a sliver of the Cosmic Cube and can warp reality in a 30 ft radius. Imagine him "bubbling" Thanos in the warp that made it so his powers don't work or are reduced, then having him gangbanged by the entire low herald or high meta tier? Or Aquarian. His null field is so stupidly broken it stopped a being capable of devouring universes.

Either of these guys on their own would get wrecked by Thanos, but with the backup of an entire Tier? I don't know. It's not looking good for Thanos.

Surtur
Originally posted by deathslash
Thanos stops at 1. Luke cage, iron fist, and wolverine are all in the low meta tier. This'll be a massacre.

I know right?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111137066/3466609-1038209-clawsbeatguantlet.jpg

Not only will Wolverine win, but he'll do it with a really creepy smile on his face. That is Thanos with the IG. You see normal Thanos would explode just by getting within a certain distance of Wolverine.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
We have to be careful with threads like this. There are members of certain tiers with totally broken powers. On their own they'd be no match for Thanos, but combined with the ENTIRE TIER, they can probably take out a skyfather.

Look at Glorian, for sure not mid herald, debatable if he's even low herald. But give him enough power and he's a planetary level (minimum) reality warper. Or Freedom Ring (yes I know it's a stupid name). He has a sliver of the Cosmic Cube and can warp reality in a 30 ft radius. Imagine him "bubbling" Thanos in the warp that made it so his powers don't work or are reduced, then having him gangbanged by the entire low herald or high meta tier? Or Aquarian. His null field is so stupidly broken it stopped a being capable of devouring universes.

Either of these guys on their own would get wrecked by Thanos, but with the backup of an entire Tier? I don't know. It's not looking good for Thanos.

Excellent, excellent, point zopzop! thumb up

This is the very thing you have to stop and think hard about before picking a winner in this kind of gauntlet; which leads to very good debate and a good flowing of knowledge...

This thread has already been enriched by info about one of these broken characters (Longshot) already; which lead to excellent debate...

Anyway, given what you know of the characters as per the tierings here at KMC, where would you vote Thanos stops zopzop?

The way I see it, I fully acknowledge that some of these characters are haxed enough to actually have a chance to bring down Thanos...

But, atleast among the lesser tiers (and given the fact that there is no prep here), most of the characters simply dont have the durability to do anything but get one shotted by Thanos...

Imagine the Low Meta's attempting to rush Thanos and him letting out a big AoE; most of the tier is dead right then and there...there isnt much left to distract Thanos so that a hax character could work his/her/its voodoo on him.

I believe the same would apply against the Mid Meta's; as soon as the bell sounds characters are going to start dying...virtually every attack Thanos makes will result in a death or (more often than not) a character being incapacitated.

But thats just my opinion...

So once again, which tier do you think stops Thanos zopzop? smile

Insane Titan
Due the tier characters actually fight as a unit or just random as hell?

TheLordofMurder
Due the tier characters actually fight as a unit or just random as hell?

There is no prep, so yeah, they are attacking randomly until they have a chance to organize...

And IMHO, the tiers wont have time to organize until atleast the High Meta's; its at this point that a significant number of characters show up that either have the raw durability or ability to mitigate/avoid damage long enough to form an organized resistance..

TheLordofMurder
IMHO, Thanos will be slaughtering characters in the Low and Mid Meta tiers too fast for an organized resistance to form...

Insane Titan
IMHO, Thanos will be slaughtering characters in the Low and Mid Meta tiers too fast for an organized resistance to form... from low herald on its hard for Thanos depending how he fights.

TheLordofMurder
Time is a big reason why I think the Low Heralds win...

They have a character (Doom) that is charismatic, smart, and ruthless enough to put a plan together on the fly to stop Thanos...

They have lots of characters with enough durability or ability to mitigate/avoid damage to keep their numbers up long enough to coordinate an attack...

They have lots of offensive options, they have damage sponges (DoS Doomsday; remember these are the tierings as per KMC), they got Thanos's silver bullet (Drax)...

They have it all (powerful telepaths like Xavier)...and they have the advantage of facing a Thanos that would have had to face 3 tiers of characters before facing them...Thanos wont be fresh.

LordofBrooklyn
Only a FOOL would trust ZopZop!

zopzop
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Only a FOOL would trust ZopZop!
Et tu, LoB? sad

quanchi112
IMHO, Thanos will be slaughtering characters in the Low and Mid Meta tiers too fast for an organized resistance to form... IT isn't a true fan of the character.

Time-Immemorial
Only a FOOL would listen to me

Pretty much this.

StiltmanFTW
Et tu, LoB? sad

I told you he was worthless. Next time you want to whiteknight someone, pick wisely.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Pretty much this. thumb up

Time-Immemorial
He's so afraid of me, he won't even post anymore.

h1a8
Thanos has resisted reality warping. He can attack you with psionics, he can vaporize you with energy blasts, he can transmute you into stone, he can control his entire molecular structure. I don't think Longshot is going to do much but get vaped. Thanos can't control his structure at all. I don't know where this myth comes from. He can't change into a rabbit, nor can he stop himself from being vaporized from a very powerful being, or koed. He has bleed several times and didn't heal up instantly.

Longshot's powers backfires or stops working when he does evil or selfish things, or loses hope.

He basically alters the probability field and makes unlikely things actually happen.

He's a meta (and not a herald or above) because he can be selfish in his acts at times causing himself bad luck. He's not morally perfect.

If Thanos knows his powers then he can manipulate him into being selfish. But if he doesn't then the probability field would be in Longshot's favor.

beatboks

Clearly youve never read Longshot saves the MU. In that series he went up against the split halves of the inbetweener. One was aĺ chaos kne all order. He was more effectual than Dr Strange. And he did a shit load more than the "odd trip up".

Even so he's gone up against a lot more than what you suggest. For one thing hes had a bettle with Juģernaught where Juggs couldnt even touch him. Also the "overweight spider guy" is a highly magical entity from an extra dimensional and extratemporal realm. Ye basically wxists outside of time and space and can manipulate both, has psionic power to the degree he has mentally subjugated an entire world.

Given the fact that he is also Longshot's creator (along with the creator of Spiral, Quark and other powered beings from mojoworld) and responsible for giving them their powers, the fact that Longshot handles him easily (even when he has amnesia and is unaware of his power and how to use it which is often as Mojo wipes him mind a lot) is quite a statement.

Which brings me to the point thT all the low showings you refer to are of a mind wiped Longshot who hasnt learned how to use his power (just instinct). A plot device used to keeo him low tier, because when he knows he defeats armies from Mojoworld single handed.

beatboks
It seems like Longshot has to activate it though to get more potent effects, right? It's not a passive thing? Since you see his eyes flaring up in those scans, indicating he is using his power.

To do high end feats yes. He naturally has a good luck field around him which is why even when amnesiac he's almost impossible to hit. He also has a degree of instictual use (reflex action) which makes some slightly better luck.

The statement that he can oush his luck to far has it wrong also. Becasue he bends probability when he makes thinges that are extremely improbable occur that means a counter effect has to happen somewhere. For him makjng his luck that good someone else gets hit with really bad luck. The key example of this was a stunt woman he was sharing a flat with in Hollywood. His extreme changes of probabikty caused to to get killed. So its possible that a lot of memebers of the low.meta tier get killed by bad luck to balance out bis good.

The downside of his ability is he can never use it for personal gain, when he tries it just goes haywire.nif he uses it to try and get something for himself no go. For example when he was hungry and wanted to luck himslef being given a meal the food truck exploded.

On the mid meta tier I'd be more worried about the likes of Dr Occult with his disk that can redirect energy or Black Knight who's ebony blade does also. These two alone ca turn any attack Thanos makes right back at him.

deathslash
Originally posted by Delta1938
laughing Really? These happened? If so, Longshot is ****ing hax. I remember two of those three things happening. I can't remember the magneto one though.

DarkSaint85
I posted the magneto one. He's on the phone to Charles, then sneezes.

LordofBrooklyn
Et tu, LoB? sad

You got caught in the crossfire, ZopZop.

THE HOUSE OF EL ACCEPTS YOU!!!!

StiltmanFTW
The House of Smell does not exist anymore, dummy.

And you were never its leader anyway.

LordofBrooklyn
thumb up

You've been reduced to cheerleading the avatar of INCEST, CORWARDICE, and REDNECK IDIOCY across the internet.

Even for a pathetic, Thanosi, like you it's a new low!

One Big Mob
Originally posted by beatboks
Clearly youve never read Longshot saves the MU. In that series he went up against the split halves of the inbetweener. One was aĺ chaos kne all order. He was more effectual than Dr Strange. And he did a shit load more than the "odd trip up".

Even so he's gone up against a lot more than what you suggest. For one thing hes had a bettle with Juģernaught where Juggs couldnt even touch him. Also the "overweight spider guy" is a highly magical entity from an extra dimensional and extratemporal realm. Ye basically wxists outside of time and space and can manipulate both, has psionic power to the degree he has mentally subjugated an entire world.

Given the fact that he is also Longshot's creator (along with the creator of Spiral, Quark and other powered beings from mojoworld) and responsible for giving them their powers, the fact that Longshot handles him easily (even when he has amnesia and is unaware of his power and how to use it which is often as Mojo wipes him mind a lot) is quite a statement.

Which brings me to the point thT all the low showings you refer to are of a mind wiped Longshot who hasnt learned how to use his power (just instinct). A plot device used to keeo him low tier, because when he knows he defeats armies from Mojoworld single handed. All the low showings I referred to are from Longshot saves the MU, and just Mojo sucking, so...

Here let me beef out Longshot saves the MU a little more so it sounds more impressive:

A Cosmic Cube, alternate IGs, vampires, Teddy Bears and the fate of the multiverse and all revolve around one unlikely man with a cool new 'do;

Longshot!

What happens when the luckiest man in the world is down on his luck? When whacky meets random, you're going to find out!

With blackface, whiteface, mulatto face, and David Spade as Longshot!

Find out what happens when one man just needs to get lucky!

*this film is not yet rated

quanchi112
You've been reduced to cheerleading the avatar of INCEST, CORWARDICE, and REDNECK IDIOCY across the internet.

Even for a pathetic, Thanosi, like you it's a new low! Nah.

quanchi112
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

And you were never its leader anyway. thumb up

LordofBrooklyn
thumb up

Now you're holding STILLBORNFORTHELOSS' pom poms.

You are truly a broken man.

DarkSaint85
All the low showings I referred to are from Longshot saves the MU, and just Mojo sucking, so...

Here let me beef out Longshot saves the MU a little more so it sounds more impressive:

A Cosmic Cube, alternate IGs, vampires, Teddy Bears and the fate of the multiverse and all revolve around one unlikely man with a cool new 'do;

Longshot!

What happens when the luckiest man in the world is down on his luck? When whacky meets random, you're going to find out!

With blackface, whiteface, mulatto face, and David Spade as Longshot!

Find out what happens when one man just needs to get lucky!

*this film is not yet rated

Sounds fruity as f*ck.

96% on RottenTomatoes

quanchi112
Now you're holding STILLBORNFORTHELOSS' pom poms.

You are truly a broken man. You broke your own house. They turned on you and slit your throat.

zopzop
You got caught in the crossfire, ZopZop.

THE HOUSE OF EL ACCEPTS YOU!!!!
http://s11.postimg.org/p329j66kz/latest_cb_20130901185150.gif

StiltmanFTW
You forgive him for thinking you would ever want to be a part of that stinking house?

LordofBrooklyn
You broke your own house. They turned on you and slit your throat.

DAMN FOOL!!!!!

STILLBORNFORTHELOSS and TIME, THE INBRED, MONGREL, were so DESPERATE, WEAK, and PATHETIC that they needed a group to go against me.

Their JOKE of a group had NOTHING to do with Superman Fandom and was an ANTI-LOB GROUP.

The MORON that is Stillborn ADMITTED to it publicly!!!

THE HOUSE OF EL RULES KMC!!!

Time-Immemorial

And you were never its leader anyway.

laughing out loudlaughing out loud

Time-Immemorial
New page

Time-Immemorial
You broke your own house. They turned on you and slit your throat.
You forgive him for thinking you would ever want to be a part of that stinking house?

laughing out loud

Indeed he was a weak pathetic dog.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

Indeed he was a weak pathetic dog. A masochistic one as well.

StiltmanFTW
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/Superman-II---Trial-of-Zod-_zpsqfbvednx.gif

Time-Immemorial
Lob has run off like the little coward he is.

StiltmanFTW
No surprise here.

Time-Immemorial
He is a cowardly afraid small dog

beatboks

Beatboks has more scans.

I'm just too damn lazy to load up all my scans.
So here is a folder with a few of them.

http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/beatboks01/library/longshot?sort=3&page=1#

They cover the downside and limitation of his luck as well.

And while true there maybe some hax characters that potentially could bring down Thanos in these senario's, will they be able to with no prep against a Thanos with full access to his tech?

Also, Thanos has some of the best damage soak in comics for characters that are sub Odin level; he's resisted reality warp, he's withstood direct attacks from High Skyfathers and Cube Beings, he's got tremendous strength of will...

Inaddition (especially among the less tiers) he'd be wiping out characters like a white hot knife against butter...

Those he cant one shot he can bring down with mind rape or even turn certain characters against their comrads...

Now, I'm not saying that one of the lesser teirs cant beat him, but I'm going to have to hear a pretty convincing argument to be swayed in that direction...
I'm assuming this is the post where you believe you addressed DS's question about who and how many were in the tier. It doesn't. The tier lists as they are have never been considered the be all and end all of the tier. Most forum members accept that anyone withing the power levels of those on the tiers are still a part of it. You only have to look at how often characters not listed are referred to as part of a tier.

There is also the fact that there are many within tiers that simply don't belong in the tier they are in. Longshot would be an example for me as without his luck and just his mutant altered muscular density and hollow bones (making him incredibly agile and fast) he would be low meta but his Luck IMO makes him mid.

In the Mid meta tier we have Blue Devil who has casually defeated hell Lords, matched Etrigan, beaten GL's. Yes at his original levels without his trident absolutely mid Meta level. But he's had three Upgrades since then and his trident is a Hax device that even Etrigan states with it he could take over hell. The Trident allowed him to defeat Nebrios who Zatanna even stated (in that Battle) was well beyond her power. Now there is of course context to that, Nebrios was free and a gateway to his dimension was open and that is the Dimension that powers BD's trident. So that was pretty much the trident at it's peak. Having said that while possessed BD used the trident to casually warp time around John Stewart so that his ring ran out of power in seconds despite being just recharged.

http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/beatboks01/media/Blue%20Devil/08.jpg.html

There are others like booster Gold who's force field has allowed him to go toe to toe with Doomsday Clones
http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/beatboks01/library/Booster%20Gold?sort=3&page=1
First 8 pages are of a Booster Doomsday clone fight that lasted two issues.

Mid meta is where I would say it get's hard for Thanos, this is why.

Booster puts up a force field around all the hid metas so that Thanos's attacks harm no one. BD warps time around Thanos so that he is slow as mud compared to all of them. Ragman absorbs the corrupted soul energy of two Ghost riders AND BD ( making his rags powered by three high level demons). Rogue touches Thanos and takes on all his power. Cyborg controls all Thanos' tech and technomorphs it into himself, so that it works for the mid metas against him. Dr Occult (who would be in this Tier) uses his disk to focus all the power of the Ghost riders and BD inot an attack (just as in Day of Judgement he absorbed all the pwoer of Phantom Stranger, Zatanna, Ragman and all the the sentinels of magic and gave it to hall Jordan's spirit so it could fight Spectre or when he focused the power of many mystics against the demons three. Black Knight would absorb with the ebony blade the energies of Thanos' first salvo to throw back at him.

Essentially shortly into the battle Thanos will be facing his own powers (a few times over), his own tech, combined with attacks that can match the best he has faced.

TheLordofMurder
@beatboks

Excellent, excellent, post! thumb up

This is exactly the sort of argument for a given tier I was looking for...

You make a strong argument for the Mid Meta's, however, what you describe resembles a coordinated attack/plan of action...

Do they really have enough time to organize and implement the plan you have suggested (and I must admit, it certainly sounds like a potential winner) without prep?

What defense do they have against him shutting down their minds psionically?

StiltmanFTW

I dunno, man.

Not enough creatures of the night for me.

TheLordofMurder
I dunno, man.

Not enough creatures of the night for me.

You know, oddly enough, Dracula isnt featured in the tierings...

I would rank near him at the top of High Meta or near the bottom of Low Herald...but that's just me.

quanchi112
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/Superman-II---Trial-of-Zod-_zpsqfbvednx.gif thumb up

beatboks
@beatboks

This is exactly the sort of argument for a given tier I was looking for...

You make a strong argument for the Mid Meta's, however, what you describe resembles a coordinated attack/plan of action...

Do they really have enough time to organize and implement the plan you have suggested (and I must admit, it certainly sounds like a potential winner) without prep?

What defense do they have against him shutting down their minds psionically?
Your o p precluded prep not coordination whilst prep helps coordination it is not needed for it

All that is needed is basic knowledge which I thought was a form standard.

With basic knowledge booster would know that his force field is the only thing that can withstand an opening Salvo from Thanos'. This makes it reasonable for him to extend his shield as he has done before. The shiekd gives the rest of the mid metas time to coordinate a counter.

Is it a clean sweep? NO.
Would what I suggest just happen out of the gate? NO
Would it be possible if there wasnt one mid meta who could defend all? NO

This is why I say its the level he "Starts" to have problems. Not a solid majority against him but enough possibilies to make it a split certainly.

If he passes mid meta he wont get much further as the options expand.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by beatboks
Your o p precluded prep not coordination whilst prep helps coordination it is not needed for it

All that is needed is basic knowledge which I thought was a form standard.

With basic knowledge booster would know that his force field is the only thing that can withstand an opening Salvo from Thanos'. This makes it reasonable for him to extend his shield as he has done before. The shiekd gives the rest of the mid metas time to coordinate a counter.

Is it a clean sweep? NO.
Would what I suggest just happen out of the gate? NO
Would it be possible if there wasnt one mid meta who could defend all? NO

This is why I say its the level he "Starts" to have problems. Not a solid majority against him but enough possibilies to make it a split certainly.

If he passes mid meta he wont get much further as the options expand.

I can agree with this...

thumb up

zopzop

I would rank near him at the top of High Meta or near the bottom of Low Herald...but that's just me.
I'd rank him high meta. He hasn't displayed some key herald abilities : FTL speeds, planetary level power, etc...

StiltmanFTW
I'd rank him high meta. He hasn't displayed some key herald abilities : FTL speeds, planetary level power, etc...

Summoning creatures of the night and wielding dual adamantium katanas = abstract lv, you fool.

One_Angry_Scot

I would rank near him at the top of High Abstract or near the bottom of Low Abstract...but that's just me.

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.