#1/most powerful DC Hero BEFORE Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
With the floating timeline, Superman was born in the late 20th, but didnt come into his own until the early 21st, century, where he's definitely the #1, most powerful hero in DCs heroic community.

I'm asking, prior to that, in the 20th century, what hero claimed those spots?
Was it two heroes (As an example, at Marvel, Captain America can lay claim to a Superman like #1 hero spot, but not the most powerful spot)?
Was it Martian Manhunter, who'd been on earth for some time? Allan Scott or some other JSAer?
Someone else entirely?
Its Hero VS Hero for the top DC spots in your opinion.

This is strictly in universe (no sales figure nonsense), and doesnt include the DCnu; Post Crisis up to just before the 2011 reboot.

ghostman
probably dr fate. or alan scott

riv6672
One in each spot? Either for both?

Not trying to have you write a thesis, its just that Superman's #1 spot is in large part due to others trusting him, backing him, being a rallying point.
While i can see Fate laying claim to the power spot, as aloof as he's usually portrayed i cant see him being that guy.
So, just wondering what you meant.

Flyattractor
Alan Scott, unless Dr Fate is holding a stick.

One Big Mob
Black Adam

Surtur
Originally posted by riv6672
One in each spot? Either for both?

Not trying to have you write a thesis, its just that Superman's #1 spot is in large part due to others trusting him, backing him, being a rallying point.
While i can see Fate laying claim to the power spot, as aloof as he's usually portrayed i cant see him being that guy.
So, just wondering what you meant.

It seems like you are asking two different things then. Since in the title of the thread it says who is the most powerful. But now you are talking about how Superman has peoples trust which, while true, has nothing to do with how powerful he is. So are you asking about leadership roles or power?

Since if it is power then yeah..it's Dr. Fate. Though I think there might of been a JSA team that included Spectre. Though I can't speak to how powerful the version on that team was.

One Big Mob
Dr Black Adam

Surtur
I don't think Adam was on the team during a time when Superman wasn't..well, Superman.

golem370
Wonder Woman?

DarkSaint85
Silly, girls can't be doctors.

Juntai
The age of heros started with Superman in New 52.

Do you mean the previous universe?

riv6672
Originally posted by Surtur
It seems like you are asking two different things then. Since in the title of the thread it says who is the most powerful. But now you are talking about how Superman has peoples trust which, while true, has nothing to do with how powerful he is. So are you asking about leadership roles or power?

Since if it is power then yeah..it's Dr. Fate. Though I think there might of been a JSA team that included Spectre. Though I can't speak to how powerful the version on that team was.
I am, in a way, but i stated that in the OP.
I used Captain America as an example of a hero who could be one thing but not the other, and asked if that might be the situation in the DCu before Superman quite ably laid claim to both.
Its all there with the odd typo. stick out tongue

DarkSaint85
MM is meant to be THE top hero in the entire Southern Hemisphere, so I'd say him.

Otherwise, GL Alan.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Silly, girls can't be doctors. Nurse Wonder Woman

quanchi112
Silly, girls can't be doctors. thumb up

riv6672
MM is meant to be THE top hero in the entire Southern Hemisphere, so I'd say him.

Otherwise, GL Alan.
Hmm.
In that capacity, i guess he'd have the trust of many heroes...thumb up

Martian_mind

thumb up

I'm liking you more and more.

riv6672
I keep seeing Allan Scott's name brought up here and at HC regarding this.
It reminds me how in Virtue & Vice, it was him and Superman floating outside the JLA watchtower looking down at the earth while their teams were inside.
http://i.imgur.com/Sf8BP7z.jpg

One Big Mob
That's what they do? They just go into space and speak spanish?

DarkSaint85
Looks like Vietnamese to me.

Reported for racism.

golem370
Green Lantern Kyle?

riv6672
What about him?
He came after Superman.

golem370
True

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by riv6672
He came after Superman.

https://alleychannel.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/wtf-superman-batman.jpg

riv6672
If the movie is like that, its going to bury Civil War. laughing out loud

Surtur

Otherwise, GL Alan.

Yeah, Superman has said J'onn is the only person he'd be afraid to fight.

Plus anyone remember when J'onn trolled Aquaman? That alone earns him some points.

riv6672
Trolled him? Like on a message board?

Horrificus
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
https://alleychannel.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/wtf-superman-batman.jpg

You just broke my soul. no expression

riv6672
^^^Well, Wonder Woman could be a god parent.

the Darkone
Orion
Dr Fate
Alan Scott

naurtoisbeast
Originally posted by ghostman
probably dr fate. or alan scott Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Looks like Vietnamese to me.

Reported for racism. i think superman will win here

Khazra Reborn
Spectre.

riv6672
Allan Scott it is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.