The Presidential Dropout Race

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Q99
If the election was today, and you had to vote for one of the candidate who'd already dropped *out* of this race, who would you vote for?

Kento
Definitely Rand Paul. I agree with most of what he says. Except the Christian views but he also doesn't seem to force it down peoples throats most have.

Q99
For me, I go Chafee. He's a former Republican who switched sides due to his principled stands on issues (or as he might say it, the party left him). He's not the biggest presence in the room, but he's a good guy.

Time-Immemorial
Rand

Omega Vision
Really interesting thread idea.

Probably Martin O'Malley.

Time-Immemorial
So you said you were a libertarian, and you vote for O'Malley?

Interesting..

Since when did you become a hardcore liberal progressive?

NewGuy01
Probably Rand, but to be fair, I don't really know much about several of the others.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
So you said you were a libertarian, and you vote for O'Malley?

Interesting..

Since when did you become a hardcore liberal progressive?
When did I ever say I was libertarian? I mean, I was a libertarian in 2008...but that's when I was still a teenager.

Omega Vision
Now for shit to get real: which one of these dropouts would be the first to dropout of the dropout race?

Lestov16
I'd vote for O' Malley. I like pretty much all of his views. I think he just picked the wrong election to enter, as he doesn't have the decades of political clout and reputation that Clinton and Sanders do, although I do wonder how well he would do if Sanders wasn't a factor. I hope he gets elected one day. As Sanders is showing, it's never too late.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Now for shit to get real: which one of these dropouts would be the first to dropout of the dropout race?

Whats the drop out race?

Omega Vision
Whats the drop out race?
This thing.

Time-Immemorial

I didn't understand what you meant by this, can you rephrase it.

dadudemon
Rand or Perry. Perry only because I liked his tax proposal and he wanted to get rid of some unnecessary government agencies. But that's like asking me to chose which of those people I dislike the least...

I don't really want any of them. I guess Rand is alright...I think I side with him on a simple majority of things.

Time-Immemorial
Q99, you jumped the gun like you usually do.

Rick Santorum is dropping out tonight, and he's not in the poll now.

So if you had just waited a bit longer he could have been in the poll.

Q99
Q99, you jumped the gun like you usually do.

No, that's you, when you post articles without actually reading them ^^

Polls have 10 slots, he'd be 11.

Time-Immemorial
Jim Webb should not even be on this list. So you could have left him out.

AsbestosFlaygon
Definitely Rand Paul. But I would've much preferred his father, prior to his switch to libertarianism.

Bardock42
Originally posted by dadudemon
...and he wanted to get rid of some unnecessary government agencies.

Yeah, like the department of commerce, the department of education and....um....and....oops

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah, like the department of commerce, the department of education and....um....and....oops

Oh, it seems you're not familiar with why an educated (not necessarily Rick Perry) person would find it appropriate to remove the DoC.

http://www.downsizinggovernment.org/commerce

The DoE may be on of the best examples of the worst cabinet, actually. I didn't think you would bring up the DoE and would actually agree with me.

http://www.downsizinggovernment.org/education

If you suggested replacements and functions of those replacements (for those cabinets), I'd be interested in reading that.

And many in the Midwest suggest the elimination of the DoA for its corruption and atrociously unfair subsidization programs. But Perry didn't suggest that because it would piss off some of his big agriculture business backers. smile

Bardock42
Oh, it seems you're not familiar with why an educated (not necessarily Rick Perry) person would find it appropriate to remove the DoC.

http://www.downsizinggovernment.org/commerce

The DoE may be on of the best examples of the worst cabinet, actually. I didn't think you would bring up the DoE and would actually agree with me.

http://www.downsizinggovernment.org/education

If you suggested replacements and functions of those replacements (for those cabinets), I'd be interested in reading that.

And many in the Midwest suggest the elimination of the DoA for its corruption and atrociously unfair subsidization programs. But Perry didn't suggest that because it would piss off some of his big agriculture business backers. smile

I'm gonna assume that you disregarded the joke, rather than missed it, is that correct?

Q99
Jim Webb should not even be on this list. So you could have left him out.

He ran for president in one of the two parties, then dropped out. He's in.

Heck, I think he'd have better odds of getting a vote here than a number of others.

|King Joker|
Probably Martin O'Malley.

dadudemon
I'm gonna assume that you disregarded the joke, rather than missed it, is that correct?

That would be a correct assumption...hence the "not necessarily Rick Perry" comment.

My comment also had a joke reply about the EPA being a suggestion...but then I deleted it because that was Romney's suggestion to Perry ... so I had nothing clever to reply with. no expression

Bardock42
That would be a correct assumption...hence the "not necessarily Rick Perry" comment.

My comment also had a joke reply about the EPA being a suggestion...but then I deleted it because that was Romney's suggestion to Perry ... so I had nothing clever to reply with. no expression

I think that would have worked...

Say, who do you support in the presidential race this time round?

dadudemon
I think that would have worked...

Say, who do you support in the presidential race this time round?

Bernie Sanders...mostly. But I'd rather not have any of them. On either side.

Q99
Bernie Sanders...mostly. But I'd rather not have any of them. On either side.

Would you vote for Vermin Supreme*?

*He hasn't dropped out yet, btw.

carthage
Rand Paul no contest

dadudemon
Originally posted by Q99
Would you vote for Vermin Supreme*?

*He hasn't dropped out yet, btw.

Uh...no. I'm afraid voting for him would get me molested...he looks very molesty.

Raisen
Rand

Omega Vision
Uh...no. I'm afraid voting for him would get me molested...he looks very molesty.
o5zH3YJo82k

Stigma
Rand Paul for the drop-out President!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.