DCnU Captain Atom Vs Blue Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
http://i66.tinypic.com/afeng4.jpg

vs

http://i64.tinypic.com/jsj58n.jpg

riv6672
Battle of the Adams, eh?
Fine i'll bite, see if i can kick start this for you with some patented unpopular opinions.
In a real world sense, both are fairly recent characters, debuting between 08-11. Both are physically powerful energy manipulators who can do some amazing things and were hyped to the point that they became very polarizing;
readers either thought they were pretty cool, and became fans, or saw them as threats to the pecking order for more established characters and became haters.

In-universe, BM has the experience edge, and is the smarter of the two. While overall power is arguable (their power sources are vastly different, and can be used in different ways than just fly blast punch), i think those two factors give BM the win more often than not.

DarkSaint85
BM CAN just overload Atom to the point he explodes...

Zack M
Originally posted by riv6672
Battle of the Adams, eh?
Fine i'll bite, see if i can kick start this for you with some patented unpopular opinions.
In a real world sense, both are fairly recent characters, debuting between 08-11. Both are physically powerful energy manipulators who can do some amazing things and were hyped to the point that they became very polarizing;
readers either thought they were pretty cool, and became fans, or saw them as threats to the pecking order for more established characters and became haters.

In-universe, BM has the experience edge, and is the smarter of the two. While overall power is arguable (their power sources are vastly different, and can be used in different ways than just fly blast punch), i think those two factors give BM the win more often than not.

Cap has the speed edge and could possibly ko him like Mogul.

Khazra Reborn
Atom stomps IMO, different levels of power all together.

riv6672
Originally posted by Zack M
Cap has the speed edge and could possibly ko him like Mogul.
Of course he could.

My thinking BM wins the majority doesnt mean i'm going to deny what CA has in his arsenal.

RadZoa
Captain Atom waves his hand, and Blue Marvel is in the after life 2 seconds later

Philosophía
Captain Atom shitstomps.

As usual, the low herald Blue Marvel is overrated.

riv6672
Next up, Blue Marvel Vs Howard The Duck. Phil makes exact same post. laughing

carver9
Atom stomps and Blue Marvel is high Herald.

Galan007
Atom.

riv6672
Originally posted by carver9
Atom stomps and Blue Marvel is high Herald.
Not for a majority, and, Superman level.

Galan007
Are you saying that Atom doesn't beat BM for a majority?

If so, what's your rationale?

riv6672
I gave it already, guy.
I'm the only one who HAS given any kind of rationale (at length). Check the first response, where i said i'd try and kick start the thread with my patented unpopular opinions. stick out tongue

Galan007
I thought you were joking there, guy.

Atom stomps. thumb up

riv6672
You thought wrong, guy.
About me joking AND Atom stomping. This match isnt a stomp no matter who you think wins.

Juntai
You should have presented something in that Pre DoS Superman v Blue Marvel thread, Riv.
We could see where he stacks up to probably the weakest canonical Superman since the golden age.

riv6672
Must have missed that one.

carver9
Not for a majority, and, Superman level.

He really does. A sweep. Do you know of Atom fts?

riv6672
Sure do; researched him several months ago.

Zack M
Originally posted by Galan007
I thought you were joking there, guy.

Atom stomps. thumb up

It's looking that way.

Khazra Reborn
Atom definitely stomps. He had one bad showing against Firestorm, but Atom is fast enough to casually travel along side Flash and have conversations and stuff. He can output enough energy to one shot Mongul, and that's not even taking his esoteric abilities like time manip into consideration.

carver9
Riv likes debating for the under dog. It's a common debating style for him.

RealityWarper
My money on Captain Atom.

riv6672
Riv likes debating for the under dog. It's a common debating style for him.
When the character i side with has comparable power, decades more in universe experience, and is a genius capable of exploiting any discerned weakness in his opponent, i'd hardly call him an underdog.
And dont get me started on YOUR posting proclivities. wink

Time-Immemorial
No one cares what you think Riv

ghostman
lmao atom stomps, spite. lol @ "researching" did you actually read his appearances?

tell me, how can marvel deal with the massive perception speed advantage? matter manipulation? does he have any defense against it? what about time manipulation?

riv6672
Hey, its cool you get a laugh out of me actually looking things up. thumb up
I myself find it funny when a poster's entire rationale is:

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Atom stomps

Atom stomps

Atom.

Atom stomps.

Who can argue with THAT logic? laughing

And hey, i did what i wanted, which was kick start this thread for Zack.
I mean yeah, the responses were mostly lazy, but, they were responses. smile

Zack M
Originally posted by ghostman
lmao atom stomps, spite. lol @ "researching" did you actually read his appearances?

tell me, how can marvel deal with the massive perception speed advantage? matter manipulation? does he have any defense against it? what about time manipulation?

I don't think he can.

riv6672
You're welcome. thumb up

Zack M
Ok.

Delta1938
When the character i side with has comparable power, decades more in universe experience, and is a genius capable of exploiting any discerned weakness in his opponent, i'd hardly call him an underdog.
And dont get me started on YOUR posting proclivities. wink

How does he have decades more experience when he spent decades living a normal life? That's like saying Royce Gracie has over 20 years of MMA experience when 14 of those years were him inactive.

riv6672
Originally posted by Zack M
Ok.
Any time!

Zack M
No doubt.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.