Russia Simulated Nuclear Strike On Sweden

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/12139943/Russia-simulated-a-nuclear-strike-against-Sweden-Nato-admits.html

Pretty scary, honestly. Also, here's an article reporting that Russia could steamroll Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania in less than 3 days: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/12139050/Nato-cannot-stop-Russian-tanks-in-the-Baltics-wargames-predict.html

What are your thoughts on this? What should NATO be doing to ward off Russia's continuing provocations and dangerous actions in eastern Europe?

Q99
Mmm.... simulating attacks on other countries doesn't necessarily mean too much. The US has a plan for war with Canada.

|King Joker|
Yeah, but actively simulating nuclear strikes is sort of different, I think. Especially since the Swedish air force was caught completely unaware- which is alarming given Russia hasn't tip-toed around the idea of using nuclear weapons if it feels threatened.

Omega Vision
Sounds like Russia is doing NATO a favor by conducting all these exercises and exposing shortcomings in NATO security.

Stigma
Um..why would Russia be attacking Sweden, of all places.

Also, Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia would be steamrolled by pretty much any average size army. These countries have like 2, 3 million people each.

And on a side note, NATO would do jack sh1t about it.

Stigma
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Sounds like Russia is doing NATO a favor by conducting all these exercises and exposing shortcomings in NATO security.
Pretty much thumb up

|King Joker|

Astner
Originally posted by Stigma
Me.

Surtur
I'd be surprised if they couldn't steamroll those countries if they really wanted to.

jaden101
Must be a slow news week cos they do this to NATO/EU countries on a weekly basis and only ever gets reported when nothing else is happening or the governments decide their populace needs a reminder that they're not the bad guys but Russia are.

|King Joker|
They simulate nuclear strikes against NATO countries/allies on a weekly basis?

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Q99
Mmm.... simulating attacks on other countries doesn't necessarily mean too much. The US has a plan for war with Canada.

I want to ask which plan is that, since the only plan I'm aware of is almost a hundred years old and concerned war with Great Britain as a whole, but the U.S. probably has plans of invasion for every country.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Stigma

To many migrants probably.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Omega Vision

thumb up

Originally posted by |King Joker|

They violate airspace atleast once a week, in the Northern Europe. Besides that they conduct plenty of land simulations and fleet exercises in the same area. This is nothing new.

jaden101

Pretty much. They sent nuclear bombers into British airspace 7 times in 2015. That's just 1 NATO country.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by jaden101
Pretty much. They sent nuclear bombers into British airspace 7 times in 2015. That's just 1 NATO country. Source? I think I heard that but I don't remember where.

jaden101
Source? I think I heard that but I don't remember where.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/11861425/russian-bombers-fly-british-skies.html

Tzeentch
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
I want to ask which plan is that, since the only plan I'm aware of is almost a hundred years old and concerned war with Great Britain as a whole, but the U.S. probably has plans of invasion for every country. That's classified, you Canadian shitter.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure every country with nukes runs simulations on nuking everybody else- Russia's just hamfisted enough to not give a shit about being subtle.

Q99
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
I want to ask which plan is that, since the only plan I'm aware of is almost a hundred years old and concerned war with Great Britain as a whole, but the U.S. probably has plans of invasion for every country.

War Plan Red is probably the one you're thinking of (it continued to be worked on and adjusted til 1935), but I've heard military people talking about planning out that kind of thing less officially.

Just as, like, an exercize to keep their planning muscles sharp.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.