Amped Kyle Katarn vs. Darth Traya

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Kyle as of Legacy of the Force
*Kyle has his Valley of the Jedi amp

Force sabers all out

JKBart
Sabers only - Kyle godstomps.
Force only - Traya easily.
All out - more random than redpill's posts.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by carthage
Kyle as of Legacy of the Force
*Kyle has his Valley of the Jedi amp

So... he's his normal self then?

I was expecting MoS Kyle.

Either way.

Kyle beats Kreia in sabers.

Traya wins force.

All out likely goes to Kyle IMHO

carthage
How is it "his normal state" when he could strip a force user like Jerec of the force while amped in the Valley?

That seems well beyond his normal capabilities imo

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by carthage
How is it "his normal state" when he could strip a force user like Jerec of the force while amped in the Valley?

That seems well beyond his normal capabilities imo

Oh my bad, I thought you meant Jedi Outcast Valley of the Jedi. Not DF.

FreshestSlice
I mean even that's assuming Kyle is amped forever. Don't remember hearing that.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
I mean even that's assuming Kyle is amped forever. Don't remember hearing that.

FC, where it not permanent Kyle would have no force connection afterwards. He cut his connection to the force after MoS erm

FreshestSlice
So did Meetra. It's just a wall of light, which again, can be reversed.

Fated Xtasy
So did Meetra. It's just a wall of light, which again, can be reversed.

Meetra and Kyle are to two different things.

You can't honestly compare their situations as one would compare an orange to a grapefruit.

FreshestSlice
They both were cut off by serving themselves, so.... Still not seeing why Kyle would be permanently severed. Traya was severed as well, wasn't a Force Wound, and still was able to recover her connection in her own.

Fated Xtasy
They both were cut off by serving themselves, so.... Still not seeing why Kyle would be permanently severed. Traya was severed as well, wasn't a Force Wound, and still was able to recover her connection in her own.

Well either the JO or the TCSWE stated his powers had atrophied after cutting himself off from the force. Kinda why he needed the Valley. Logic would infer that after his powers died out he was cut off from the force.

Also the Amp from the Valley is implied to be permanent as the Reborn where able to draw from it and wield it's power all the way from the Outcast era to the Jaden Korr days.

Plus the likelihood of Kyle going through Nar Shaddaa, Bespin, The Crain Station and Yavin in a manner of days is silly.

If the amp was temporary neither Kyle nor the Reborn(the majority who had little force potential) would be capable of force powers.

Also the circumstances regarding the reasons why they cut their connections are very different. You're not an imbecile, you know KoTor's story well.

The Exile's connection drew upon all death, it sucked the life out of living things, as Vrook explained it. That and her bonds with her allies.
The game narrative, guides and the characters all note this. The reason she continues to use the force is because of her unique situation as a wound, not to mention that Kreia states that she perhaps she is the reason why the Exile can feel the force again

Whereas Kyle needed the Valley to restore his force Connection and because of this his powers quadrupled.

If Kyle where not cut off from the force he would not have been so easily manhandled by Desann.

ChaosTheory123
Kreia's connection wasn't even entirely cut

Nihilus and Sion weren't strong enough to drain/sever her entirely

As indicated by liberal use of hibernation trance, telepathy, and such fun shit even before Surik rediscovered her Force powers on Peragus.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Well either the JO or the TCSWE stated his powers had atrophied after cutting himself off from the force. Kinda why he needed the Valley. Logic would infer that after his powers died out he was cut off from the force.

Again, Wall of Light is never said to irreversible. Ulic was severed too, yet somehow he was able to become One with the Force at death.

This is ignoring that they used the Staff of Ragnos to give themselves power.

It doesn't when he's slowly regaining his connection to the Force throughout the story.

Assuming any type of amp would only last a few days tops sure.

The reasons I walk down streets and you walk down streets are different too. Doesn't really change that we both walk down streets.

That's...that's because the Exile was still severed from the force in KotOR II. She isn't in Revan. That means her connection to the Force was restored after KotOR II. It's really not that hard.

That really doesn't change that both were cut off from the force due to Wall of Light. The Exile cut herself off the exact same way Kyle cut himself off from the Force. There is really no difference whatsoever in how they restored these connections, they both drew energy from somewhere else.

I mean what does this have to do with anything? Kyle cut himself off from the force. He thought Jan was dead. He went to the Valley to restore his connection to the force. As time goes on, it is restored. A+B=C.
Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
Kreia's connection wasn't even entirely cut

Nihilus and Sion weren't strong enough to drain/sever her entirely

As indicated by liberal use of hibernation trance, telepathy, and such fun shit even before Surik rediscovered her Force powers on Peragus.
The **** are you talking about? Kreia was completely cut off from the Force, she state's it was stripped away from her. The idea that Nihilus can drain a planet but not one woman is pretty ****tarded as well.

ChaosTheory123
The **** are you talking about? Kreia was completely cut off from the Force, she state's it was stripped away from her.

That explains the usage of telepathy and hibernation trance to the extent she looked like a corpse upon Surik's inspection at the start of the game

Quaint little argument from belief when you have characters in the franchise with reserves of power comparable to planetary nexus

Beniboybling
Well if her connection to the Force had been entirely severed should would have died so...

Not that that implies they couldn't. It's evident that for whatever reason they allowed Kreia to live.

ChaosTheory123
Didn't the cut content establish Nihilus and Sion were kind of surprised she was alive?

EDIT - Yeah, this

https://youtu.be/IobIhctxRXg?t=45s

Beniboybling
Yes they do, however its clear when Kreia recounts her betrayal that they were aware she was alive, considering Sion proceeds to give her a beating and she goes on to suffer "indignities."

Maybe Nihilus assumed she would eventually die, or maybe they tried to kill her properly later on. We don't know. What we do know is that they should have been fully capable of killing her at the Trayus Core, even if it meant finishing her off with a lightsaber, but they didn't.

ChaosTheory123
Possible, but not what I got from the scene :hmm

It is admittedly open to interpretation

Figured the indignities she suffered was either the fight or whatever she had to do to survive in her "exile"

Pretty clear from Sion's words that Nihilus assumed he killed her. Why would I assume they had a later conflict? That's never implied on screen.

Maybe they didn't because they thought she was already dead? You drain someone of their power, they're kind of supposed to die

Like I said, all up to interpretation *shrugs*

ChaosTheory123
Right, and watch the first 45 seconds of that video I linked

Contextually, the entire conversation was Sion taunting Nihilus about his failures

Darth Traya's return just being another anecdote Sion chose to hit him with from what I could tell

Beniboybling
Well it should have been obvious that Nihilus attack didn't kill her, considering she is right there, living and breathing, in front of them.

Maybe they assumed the beatdown she received after finished her off. She did look pretty dead after that.

EDIT: As for a implied later conflict/series of events, Sion says when they first meet "after all that has happened, still you live. You are difficult to kill", which arguably implies plural events/attempts on her life.

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Well it should have been obvious that Nihilus attack didn't kill her, considering she is right there, living and breathing, in front of them.

Maybe they assumed the beatdown she received after finished her off. She did look pretty dead after that.

I'd assume it was from being drained off screen

Not exactly like she was hit with it when they went about it

Certainly didn't look like it visually anyway

As for why she couldn't draw her lightsaber to herself?

I've always figured it was from getting her head too jarred to properly use her psychic powers that are kind of reliant on not getting your brain rattled around to think about

Would be helpful if Avellone was still answering questions, but the frequency you ****ers went about it months ago appears to have scared him off *shrugs*

ChaosTheory123
EDIT: As for a implied later conflict/series of events, Sion says when they first meet "after all that has happened, still you live. You are difficult to kill", which arguably implies plural events/attempts on her life.

Could imply multiple encounters

Could also be him referring to the duel in the Trayus Core

A ****ton happened there that she had to suffer through, even if brief

Beniboybling
Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
I'd assume it was from being drained off screen

Not exactly like she was hit with it when they went about it

Certainly didn't look like it visually anyway

As for why she couldn't draw her lightsaber to herself?

I've always figured it was from getting her head too jarred to properly use her psychic powers that are kind of reliant on not getting your brain rattled around to think about

Would be helpful if Avellone was still answering questions, but the frequency you ****ers went about it months ago appears to have scared him off *shrugs* I wouldn't say that, her inability to draw upon her lightsaber could be read like that but in the contexts of a. Nihilus performing the act b. Kreia described that "there are techniques within the Force against which there is no defense" - an obvious reference to Force drain would imply otherwise imo.

Then there is the way after failing to recover her lightsaber, she just sits there helplessly, and lets Sion grab her face, it very much looking like she's given up.

On top of that Kreia is pretty bad@ss, it seems unlikely she'd be taken out with one push, and mild concussion would render her helpless.

And lol, I had nothing to do with those shenanigans. smileOriginally posted by ChaosTheory123
Could imply multiple encounters

Could also be him referring to the duel in the Trayus Core

A ****ton happened there that she had to suffer through, even if brief Meh, not really. She was drained, then beaten. And it all happened in one instance.

It just seems a strange choice of words, more accurately surely to say after what happened you still live, or "what happened on Malachor".

ChaosTheory123
I wouldn't say that, her inability to draw upon her lightsaber could be read like that but in the contexts of a. Nihilus performing the act b. Kreia described that "there are techniques within the Force against which there is no defense" - an obvious reference to Force drain would imply otherwise imo.

Seems kind of redundant to refer to having her powers stripped from her after Sion's beating I'd figure though

Once more, I just take that as her being rattled by Nihilus's TK

****er's pretty potent with that shit and all

I don't see how it detracts from her being badass that TK from someone as powerful as Nihilus rattles her that badly :hmm

Wasn't specifically saying you were :maybe

Just "you" being a collective of people that may or may not post here

My problem with assuming she was drained is where exactly was KOTOR's representation of the power through its normal animation then?

They have Nihilus pull that out on Surik, as does Kreia on the council

Why not here?

True, it is strange, but its not like we always say the exact right thing to describe shit in active conversation *shrugs*

At any rate, this procrastination was fun, but I should probably get back to finishing my last personal statement now...

Zenwolf
I thought cut content was non-canon? Or am I misremembering things? Wasn't there a tweet post about it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.