Kento Marek vs. Fifth Brother

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Duel takes place on neural ground

Bonus: Replace the fifth win the Grand Inquisitor

Total Warrior
Kento's likely stronger in the force, and as far as his saber skill is concerned, even if rusty, he was still able to contend for bit with Vader some years after order 66. I think Kento can win a majority here, like 8/10. The grand inquisitor, however, should beat him

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Total Warrior
Kento's likely stronger in the force, and as far as his saber skill is concerned, even if rusty, he was still able to contend for bit with Vader some years after order 66. I think Kento can win a majority here, like 8/10. The grand inquisitor, however, should beat him

Vader toyed with him and it's noted he wasn't much a fighter according to the novelization and he didn't show any Force ability neither. But what he would know, don't think it would help anyway.

I guess I can see Kento taking at least sabers against the Brother...maybe. But loses the rest.

|King Joker|
Wasn't Kento pulling TIE Fighters out of the air or some shit?

FreshestSlice
That and running up floors Vader made vertical

Zenwolf
All of which contradicted in the novelization. But sure going with Game Kento, he pretty much can win against them.

FreshestSlice
It's not like the novel is above the game in anyway.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by FreshestSlice

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by FreshestSlice

The novel is a more realistic depiction of characters abilities. I mean, there are sequences in the video game where Galen and Shaak Ti are legit flying.

FreshestSlice
The novel is worse than game. There are scenes when Marek contemplates demolishing entire buildings. They never fly in the game, and even if they did, that's an actual Force power that has been used several times.

Emperordmb
Yeah, untrained child Zannah has used that power.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yeah, untrained child Zannah has used that power.

You cannot utter a word without mentioning The DBT can you?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7gz3ia2MZ1r3vccgo5_250.gif

Emperordmb
That's like the second time I've mentioned anyone from the DBT on KMC this month.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Emperordmb
That's like the second time I've mentioned anyone from the DBT on KMC this month.

I wasn't talking about just KMC now was I, Kitten?

Syndicate
Kento with slight-moderate difficulty.

The Merchant
It's strange how on this forum Force users destroying buildings is considered a god like tier ability, but on other forums no-name Padawans are categorized being capable of doing that, with high tiers like Vader being able to destroy countries and continents.

I think Kento wins, I've never seen the source that says novels>games in terms of canon. Both the novel and Game to my knowledge shares equal canonicty.

Syndicate
Originally posted by The Merchant
It's strange how on this forum Force users destroying buildings is considered a god like tier ability, but on other forums no-name Padawans are categorized being capable of doing that, with high tiers like Vader being able to destroy countries and continents.

I think Kento wins, I've never seen the source that says novels>games in terms of canon. Both the novel and Game to my knowledge shares equal canonicty.

Vader being able to destroy continents/countries? 0-o Those forums are just wrong.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by The Merchant

What forums have you been reading?

Also the novel and game are different, with the novel being C canon in terms of the old policy, whereas the game while C canon too, the gameplay of it(such as the boss fights) aren't considered canon with the way things are portrayed.

As such Kento wasn't impressive at all in the novelization, Vader toyed with him and casually beat him with ease.

FreshestSlice
Uh, no. Anything that is guaranteed to happen every time for everyone is canon. As long as it isn't just a game mechanic. Any cutscene or required quick time event is just as canon as the novel. Portrayal was never said to be only accurate in the novel, which is just as, if not more so, outlandish as the game.

Zenwolf
Ok never said cutscenes weren't canon, just that the boss fights are not, otherwise there's some real contradiction to game Kento and novel Kento.

FreshestSlice
Except Kento doing that happened in cutscene, and scripted events are still canon. Discrepancies with the novel does not make something N-Canon.

Darth Truculent
Kento was supposed to be well versed in Shi-Cho and had slight knowledge of Juyo. He and his wife (Mellie) were both Jedi Masters, but after 10 years of not actively using the Force left them out of "practice."

Syndicate
He had slight knowledge of Juyo? Where's that from?

|King Joker|
I think it was Makashi, not Juyo.

Syndicate
Wasn't trying to debunk anybody's argument I'm just genuinely curious where that information comes from.

Darth Truculent
Novelization. It was during the fight between Kento and Vader. It was Vader I believed who combined Ataru, Makashi & Djem So as his personal lightsaber form. Kento had a rudimentary knowledge of Juyo. His preferred for was Shi-Cho.

Syndicate
Can I get the quote for it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.