Great Darkness Saga Darkseid Vs DCnU Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
Who wins?

quanchi112
Dcnu Darkseid.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Zack M
Who wins? Hm. Both are thouroughly above Odin but, since DCnU is at least as powerful as the entire central power battery), then I'd say DCnU is superior.

quanchi112

deathslash
Gds darkseid is definitely stronger.

quanchi112
Originally posted by deathslash
Gds darkseid is definitely stronger. What makes you say so ?

Galan007
DCnU Darkseid wins. He is a bonafide universal+ power, who has a bonafide universal abstract concept(ie. death) as his puppet.

deathslash
Originally posted by quanchi112
What makes you say so ? simple facts. Gds darkseid one shots a high Herald into acoma, casually tanks superboy and super girl wailing on him, mindrapes millions, turning an infant into a legit trans tier character, casually transporting people through time, teleportation, etc. Plus, it literally required high father and orion both to weaken up ds to the point that the legion could even feel confident about taking him.

cdtm
Originally posted by Galan007
DCnU Darkseid wins. He is a bonafide universal+ power, who has a bonafide universal abstract concept(ie. death) as his puppet.

Yeah, but he got beaten back by Superman.

GDS Darkseid pretty much tanked everything an amped up pre crisis Legion threw at him.

Not to mention Mordru and Time Trapper while at less then full strength. They're high end cosmic class beings themselves.

cdtm
casually tanks superboy and super girl wailing on him.

An AMPED Superboy and Supergirl.

Highfather claimed he was making the mighty even mightier with the last of his power.

quanchi112
simple facts. Gds darkseid one shots a high Herald into acoma, casually tanks superboy and super girl wailing on him, mindrapes millions, turning an infant into a legit trans tier character, casually transporting people through time, teleportation, etc. Plus, it literally required high father and orion both to weaken up ds to the point that the legion could even feel confident about taking him. He was amped so you believe this amped Seid is far greater than dcnu Darkseid so oneshotting a herald is simply beyond dcnu Seid. Interesting.

cdtm
Whether he's amped or not is irrelevent. That's still GDS Darkseids power level, either way.

deathslash
Originally posted by quanchi112
He was amped so you believe this amped Seid is far greater than dcnu Darkseid so oneshotting a herald is simply beyond dcnu Seid. Interesting. he wasn't amped. He specifically said that he wasn't back up to his top level of power. Oneshotting a Herald isn't beyond him. Oneshotting a Jerald into acoma is a totally different thing though.

-K-M-
Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah, but he got beaten back by Superman..

When?

Hell half of the omega beams KO'ed Superman

cdtm
Early Nu52 JLA. Darkseid did indeed manhandle the team, until Supes took off the gloves and started wailing on him.

I believe he simply beat him back through a boom toob, though.

deathslash
Originally posted by -K-M-
When?

Hell half of the omega beams KO'ed Superman probably referring to superman briefly matching him before he got teleported away. Anyway half od the omega beams koing superman doesn't quite compare to one blast putting Mon El in acoma, or blasting superman into the past, or turning daxam's red sun into a yellow sun.

-K-M-
Early Nu52 JLA. Darkseid did indeed manhandle the team, until Supes took off the gloves and started wailing on him.

No he didn't. Superman also had assistance from the JLA and darkseid ended up manhandling him and was dragging him in the boomtube until he was freed by the team erm

Galan007
Yeah, but he got beaten back by Superman. Not exactly. Superman hit him once, and then Darkseid casually overpowered him:
http://i.imgur.com/2Fvo1IY.jpg
Had it not been for Cyborg's deus ex technopathy, it was made abundantly clear that the League would have been decimated.

*And this was after it was established that a gesture from Darkseid can incapacitate the entire League, and half of the OB can ktfo Superman.

cdtm
Not exactly. Superman hit him once, and then Darkseid casually overpowered him:
Had it not been for Cyborg's deus ex technopathy, it was made abundantly clear that the League would have been decimated.

*And this was after it was established that a gesture from Darkseid can incapacitate the entire League, and half of the OB can ktfo Superman.

Ah, thank you.

Looks like all those years of "Jobberseid" took its toll on me. smile

Just the same, Darkseid had to put some effort into overpowering Superman, while GDS Darkseid outright physically tortured an amped PC Kara.

celeyhyga17

That's just Superman doing Supermanish things. Though impressive, Clark didn't really beat him back.

Not exactly. Superman hit him once, and then Darkseid casually overpowered him:

thumb up

Gun to my head I'd choose New 52 DS.

SquallX
Ah, thank you.

Looks like all those years of "Jobberseid" took its toll on me. smile

Just the same, Darkseid had to put some effort into overpowering Superman, while GDS Darkseid outright physically tortured an amped PC Kara.

I've read that fight multiple times, and i never once thought Darkseid was struggling.

Galan007
Just the same, Darkseid had to put some effort into overpowering Superman I disagree:
http://i.imgur.com/IvXvkYr.jpg

And these days we also have Darkseid's fight with AM to consider. AM was amping himself with the power of entire universeS prior to the battle, remember.

cdtm
Last ditch effort: Do you think anyone Darkeid beat up to PC standards?

PC Supergirl vs current, for example.

And with that, I'm out. Happy to lose a argument that proves Jobberseid is a thing of the past. big grin

Galan007
Given how drastic pre-crisis characters fluctuated at times, it's hard to say just how impressive Darkseid's physicality was during the GDS with any kind of certainty. He was obviously very powerful, but I believe DCnU Darkseid is demonstrably superior.

Aside from the feats already mentioned, we also know that the only thing in the universe that was on par with Darkseid's power was the "infinite" energy of the Central Battery(that's why the Mother Box merged with it in the wake of Darkseid's death):
http://i.imgur.com/jV8VLeR.jpg

That, coupled with the fact the we were told by Constantine that he was destroying universeS:
http://i.imgur.com/mKunPfh.jpg
Tells us that DCnU Darkseid was a legitimate universal power, at the very least. His GDS counterpart was not.

quanchi112
he wasn't amped. He specifically said that he wasn't back up to his top level of power. Oneshotting a Herald isn't beyond him. Oneshotting a Jerald into acoma is a totally different thing though. He acquired powers from other brings which means he's amped. So you rescind your claim. Thought so.

DarkSaint85
Last ditch effort: Do you think anyone Darkeid beat up to PC standards?

Constantine thumb up evil face

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.