Himura Kenshin vs Juri

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who wins?

Q99
As in Juri Han, of Street Fighter? She does. Blew up a stadium, beat multiple Street Fighter badasses at the same time...

cdtm
Originally posted by Q99
As in Juri Han, of Street Fighter? She does. Blew up a stadium, beat multiple Street Fighter badasses at the same time...

Yeah, that Juri.

Think she can compete with Kenshin's speed? (If you're following Dragon Ball.Mutiverse, that inspired this. Basically looks like a situation where Radditz and evil Kakarot can nuke a far bigger area, but their opponent is able to out melee them.)

Jmanghan
Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah, that Juri.

Think she can compete with Kenshin's speed? (If you're following Dragon Ball.Mutiverse, that inspired this. Basically looks like a situation where Radditz and evil Kakarot can nuke a far bigger area, but their opponent is able to out melee them.) Lol at Kenshin being compared to anyone from Dragon Ball.

****ing Hercule would beat him.

Roshi would stomp him.

cdtm
Never said I was comparing power levels.

Q99
Yeah, that Juri.

Think she can compete with Kenshin's speed? (If you're following Dragon Ball.Mutiverse, that inspired this. Basically looks like a situation where Radditz and evil Kakarot can nuke a far bigger area, but their opponent is able to out melee them.)

Yea, Street Fighter characters can get pretty fast too. One of the manga had Vega taking out a special ops team and they weren't able to track his movements or make out what was attacking them.

I don't know if they can get *as* fast, but they're really quick, especially when Juri activates the Feng Shui engine. Her ultra move is to kick someone like, 30 feet in the air, spike them down, rush *past* them to the ground, and catch them on her foot. Here's the move in slow mo.

NemeBro
Yeah, that Juri.

Think she can compete with Kenshin's speed? (If you're following Dragon Ball.Mutiverse, that inspired this. Basically looks like a situation where Radditz and evil Kakarot can nuke a far bigger area, but their opponent is able to out melee them.) Considering that she's much faster than Kenshin, yeah, I think she can.

cdtm
Originally posted by NemeBro
Considering that she's much faster than Kenshin, yeah, I think she can.

Sanosuke's a bullet timer, and he's much slower then Kenshin.

So unless she's pulling true speedster feats, it's up for debate. wink

Q99
Yea, I don't think Juri's got a notable edge.

Though I will note, there was a scene when an enemy opens fire on Juri, and she just stands there and using the Feng Shui engine to, like, just stop all the bullets with her ki. So Juri can do defense without movement too.

cdtm
Off topic: Kenshin and Sanosuke is an excellent example of why CBR style bullet time analysis is problematic.

Sano has the true bullet time feat.. And Kenshin doesn't.

Under CBR rules, Sanosuke blitzes Kenshin.

Which is just crazy talk.

Jmanghan

So unless she's pulling true speedster feats, it's up for debate. wink So is Batman.

Bullet timing is becoming less of a feat as the years go by.

Somehow, a lot of anime bullets are slower then rl bullets.

cdtm
Originally posted by Q99
Yea, I don't think Juri's got a notable edge.

Though I will note, there was a scene when an enemy opens fire on Juri, and she just stands there and using the Feng Shui engine to, like, just stop all the bullets with her ki. So Juri can do defense without movement too.

Was that from a game cut scene, or one of the anime shorts?

Saw the SF IV thirty minute anime last night, but had to leave the room for quite a few parts. Did see where she beat Chun, Guile, and Cammy.

I also haven't seen all the "aftermatch" shorts out there..

Q99
Was that from a game cut scene, or one of the anime shorts?

Saw the SF IV thirty minute anime last night, but had to leave the room for quite a few parts. Did see where she beat Chun, Guile, and Cammy.

I also haven't seen all the "aftermatch" shorts out there..

That was in the anime. Same scene as when she blows the stadium up, not long before she fight Chun Li for the first time.

NemeBro

So unless she's pulling true speedster feats, it's up for debate. wink Yeah? And Bison's Psycho Crusher flew about as fast as his satellite laser. A weaker character, Guy, could react to the Psycho Crusher and counter it. Guile's sonic boom attack alone is mach 2 (faster than the bullets Kenshin and friends have to deal with IIRC), and as seen in the SFIV opening Adel (much slower than Juri) could block them.

This is all ignoring the fact that Juri could literally take a full power strike from Kenshin without being so much as bruised. She could literally solo the entire series, including Kenshin's master, and wouldn't suffer a single injury.

cdtm
What is it with some nerds and making statements without even an "attempt" at sourcing?

Like they assume everyone's knee deep in the lore already, and if they aren't, **** em?

I mean, I get lazy from time to time, too, but I'll usually give someone I've never argued against before/often the benefit of the doubt and try and provide references. ESPECIALLY if I'm going hard at them in "Try and win" mode. That's just proper courtesy.

But sure, mach 2, whatever.

RadZoa
Rurouni Kenshin characters aren't bullet timers, they've shown multiple times to vulnerable to gunfire, Shishio being shot in the head, Aoshi and his group getting gunned down by a Gatling gun,

Also this is Japan during the 1800's when the guns were a lot more primitive.

Rurouni Kenshin is very strange when it comes to speed because characters are clearly superhuman, Kenshin can move so fast he looks like he's teleporting, Soujiro can as well and can even run on the walls and even the ceiling, Saito was able to thrust so fast that the ground beneath him was ripping apart. But when it comes to bullets they end up jobbing. This is just one example of why bullet timing is a terrible indicator of speed. Ryan Reynolds Deadpool from that terrible Wolverine movie could never move at the speed that Kenshin characters do, but on the other hand had no issue casually deflecting automatic gun fire from multiple shooters.

I don't know anything about Juri since I stopped playing SF4 after Super though

cdtm
The "bullet time" feat is from Sano deflecting some bullets with a fountain of water, using his vibration/mini quake type ability.

Q99
Kenshin stopped a bullet with his sword hilt once, iirc.

RadZoa
He barely managed to stop it and was knocked back, and he could of, and most likely, telegraphed the shot. Also these firearms are from the 1800's which would make a pistol considerably slower than modern day 9MM

Zack Fair
Juri finds herself a fukboi

cdtm
Re-reading the manga, and forgot about Kenshin casually cutting that cannon ball in half. I think it was only made of clay, but that's still a bullet time feat, easy.

RadZoa
We don't know how fast that cannon ball was going

cdtm
Originally posted by RadZoa
We don't know how fast that cannon ball was going

Well, it's a bamboo cannon filled with gunpowder that fires off clay balls. I'd assume it fires off as fast as a regular cannon. (Considering how close the range was. Just like fletchette guns fire at normal gun velocity from point blank range, and taper off at range due to a variety of factors..)

But if not, the thing's actually existed, so there should be some way of making an educated guess.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.