So...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Hopefully this is acceptable for the games subforum.

Ok, now, you all know Dissidia is my favorite fighting game, despite that, I can flat-out admit there are many fighting games out there that are better, Smash Bros always topping the list because of how fun it is.

I also understand, everyone has their own opinions, not everyone agrees on the best fighting game of all time.

But honestly...

I met a guy on gamefaqs today in the Fighting Games board, who (after seeing Dissidia gameplay) said that Smash Bros was bad, and that Dissidia didn't seem that bad.

I was shocked, Dissidia is my favorite fighting game of all time because it was the game of my childhood through to my teenage years, but Smash is the funnest fighting game I've ever played, and continues to be so.

Granted, he didn't say Dissidia was BETTER then Smash, but he implied it.

One Big Mob
Some people don't like some games. Some people will like some games more than others. Some people are fanboyed into hating games and liking others. And some people troll.
Some people have opinions of their own.

I don't see what the issue here is. Smash being fun doesn't exactly means it's a great game to be held above others.

Smasandian
Yep. I'm not a huge fan of Smash Bros.

I remember my friend and I playing the original on the N64 and having a blast. It's fun but it's not for me. I never understood the reverence Smash Bros had. I always felt it was kitschy because it allowed to beat up other Nintendo characters. Or at least that's how it was promoted when the N64 version was released.

Nusa105
Hmmmm.... That's how people. They can say like that or something

ares834
Disliking Smash Bros should be a capital offense.

Arachnid1
"Inyofase"

I bet he's a cuck

Let him know that KMC says phuck off

cdtm
Does he play single?

I can see not liking Smash for its single player content, compared to other fighters.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Some people don't like some games. Some people will like some games more than others. Some people are fanboyed into hating games and liking others. And some people troll.
Some people have opinions of their own.

I don't see what the issue here is. Smash being fun doesn't exactly means it's a great game to be held above others. Jman didn't get the d-pics from him apparently.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Jman didn't get the d-pics from him apparently. What if it was a female? Now your joke has backfired, and you're crying yourself to sleep.

Bentley
The Smash series has been becoming less and less appealing to me as time passes by, but also I don't play regularly on couch anymore (and when I do I play other things). The system is ok, but it doesn't feel my need for a fighter experience, what I liked about Smash was the platforming feeling it has, but I think the stages are a bit repetitive at this point.

Kazenji
I've never been much of a Smash Bro's fan but hey each to their own

give me something like Street Fighter over it.

Jmanghan
I was never too good at Smash myself.

The only reason I made this topic was because I considered everyone was going to view disliking Smash Bros as a foreign concept.

I'm only really good at Tekken 3 and Dissidia.

Dissidia is the only fighting game I've ever mastered though.

Unoriginal
No johns.

cdtm
Tbh, I prefer Injustice myself over Smash. But that's just me.

And as far as single player goes, I've never heard anybody praise SSB for taking on the computer. A game like, say, Mortal Kombat is known for being pretty fun to play offline/alone, but not Smash.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by cdtm
Tbh, I prefer Injustice myself over Smash. But that's just me.

And as far as single player goes, I've never heard anybody praise SSB for taking on the computer. A game like, say, Mortal Kombat is known for being pretty fun to play offline/alone, but not Smash. Mortal Kombat has no Player vs Cpu mode.

Its a common mistake in Fighters that needs to stop being a common misfake in Fighters.

In Smash 4, one of the biggest parts of the game is the single player, because you can train up Amiibo's and stuff.

cdtm
Battle tower or whatever is the CPU mode.

Plus, the story mode leading up to bosses. Half the MK experience was getting cheesed by Kintaro and Shao Khan.

And while Smash does have bosses like Giga Bowser and Master Hand/Crazy Hand, most Smash players treat is as a training mode for competitive pvp. Single mode is no reason to get the game if you don't have any friends to play with, while in MK it is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.