Whistleblowers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Of course, I can understand wanting to keep dirty laundry on the down-low, to prevent giving ammo to various extremist groups, or whatever other reasons..

But it's kind of disturbing that ONLY whistleblowers seem to do jail time.

Water boarding and torture? The whistleblower paid.

Swiss bank corruption? Whistleblower was sentenced to the longest term ever handed out (In absentee, since his countries of citizenship refuse to hand him over.)

Proof of Israel having a nuclear enrichment program? Guy got kidnapped for that one, and imprisoned for 18-something years.

Obama's pretty much cracked down on whistleblowers like no other president.

And while I "get" that there's sensitive, complex reasons for keeping secrets, when corruption DOES come to light, and the people involved get off scott free..? It doesn't seem right. Almost makes you want to put on your tin foil hat, and hole up in your bunker..

Time-Immemorial
Swiss bank corruptionlaughing out loud

Loving this thread

Surtur
It does say something where a horrible act is revealed and the anger is directed at the fact it was revealed and not the act itself.

I personally think the government keeps far too much information from the public.

AsbestosFlaygon
Speaking of whistle-blowers, I was gonna make a Julian Assange thread. What do you guys think of him? A hero or a traitor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.