If it was socially acceptable, would you wear a cape or cloak?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Simple question. If it wasn't completely weird to go around public wearing a cape or a cloak, would you?

MF DELPH

Bardock42
Yeah, probably.

Time-Immemorial
Sure, why the **** not.

|King Joker|
Yes.

Surtur
A cape no, a cloak maybe if I was cold.

Adam_PoE
Why the hell would you? What good is a cape/cloak? Why would you wear one instead of a coat or a jacket?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Why the hell would you? What good is a cape/cloak? Why would you wear one instead of a coat or a jacket?

You look more like Batman

Omega Vision
Originally posted by MF DELPH
... Originally posted by Adam_PoE
deez nerds

Robtard
Cloaks look rather useful in a rainy situation, so maybe that.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Bardock42

Originally posted by Omega Vision
deez nerds

http://www.newnownext.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/chachki.gif

Bardock42
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
http://www.newnownext.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/chachki.gif

I'd wear that as well if it was socially acceptable...

Heck, **** socially acceptable, if they had it in my size...

Jmanghan
I'll wear one anyway.

Flyattractor
Looks like Omega is on the same page as Antonio Banderas. ....fashion wise anyway.

Bentley
OV gets way more tale than Antonio Banderas in his prime. Fact.

I'd wear a cape if they weren't so easy to get dirty and hard to wash. Also I think they are the best at concealing objects, so because of my looks I'd get stopped by the police all the time thumb up

riv6672
Simple question. If it wasn't completely weird to go around public wearing a cape or a cloak, would you?
NO CAPES!

AsbestosFlaygon
Surely. Why the **** not? If I had it my way, to hell with fashion standards.

FinalAnswer
Hell yeah cloaks are comfy and badass as ****.

StiltmanFTW

laughing out loud

You had to ask that. You know KMC is full of comic nerds and you just had to ask that.

I dunno. Maybe a cape. But not too long.

walshy
I already wear a cape

Ax3l
Finally, a worthwhile discussion topic in the GDF

You couldn't ****ing stop me from wearing either a cape or cloak

Surtur
Originally posted by Bardock42

But Batman looks like a d-bag.

Omega Vision
Shots fired

Flyattractor
Everybody used to wear capes and cloaks at the old Pirate Days in Seattle. Ah the good old days of drunken pillaging.

Astner
A cape would be an incredible inconvenience. It would make it difficult to sit down, if it's caught in the wind it might blow into someone's ice cream and that's not bringing up the dangerous stuff like elevator doors or escalators.

cdtm
Who knows?

You can't really "imagine" social proof issues. Depends on who's wearing them, and why. And where "I" am in my life at that point relative to the mainstream (As in, do I even care about following the trend?)

But right now, no way.

Flyattractor
They need to bring back hats like they used to wear in the 40's.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Astner
A cape would be an incredible inconvenience. It would make it difficult to sit down, if it's caught in the wind it might blow into someone's ice cream and that's not bringing up the dangerous stuff like elevator doors or escalators.
That's why we need Batman cloaks that can switch from flexible to rigid.

cdtm
Originally posted by Flyattractor
They need to bring back hats like they used to wear in the 40's.

And pipe smoking.

Or even just smoking. I smoke cigars, and it s basically the most socially unacceptable thing in my side of the US (Seriously, I think racists get less flack then smokers these days..)

Robtard
Could put weights at the ends up the cape, keep it from blowing into someone's ice-cream and doubles as a striking weapon. I think Batman has done this.

Astner
That's why we need Batman cloaks that can switch from flexible to rigid.
From Material changes properties at the flick of a switch:

"The material was made using a silver-gold alloy that underwent a corrosion process to remove the silver and form a gold structure containing a network of nanopores 10-20nm in size."

And you thought carbon-fiber bikes were expensive.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Robtard
Could put weights at the ends up the cape, keep it from blowing into someone's ice-cream and doubles as a striking weapon. I think Batman has done this.

But that would make it really hard to Strike a Pose when the wind picks up.

Robtard
Sacrifices have to be made

Flyattractor
Couldn't we just count all those killed in the Cape/Escalator Accidents as the "sacrifices"?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Astner
From Material changes properties at the flick of a switch:

"The material was made using a silver-gold alloy that underwent a corrosion process to remove the silver and form a gold structure containing a network of nanopores 10-20nm in size."

And you thought carbon-fiber bikes were expensive.
Fascinating.

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Couldn't we just count all those killed in the Cape/Escalator Accidents as the "sacrifices"?

I sure know I count all the babies I "accidentally" pushed down a flight of escalators as sacrifices.

Darth Abonis
Yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.