The Flash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/09/the-flash-film-release-date-allegedly-moved-up?abthid=56ba9c209b23aa5505000022

The film is in the works and it will be released March 16, 2018. We've got quite some time. I still cant for the life of me see Ezra Miller as the Flash. He's got a strong jaw, but the dude doesn't look the part at all. Maybe a young Bart Allen, but Barry or Wally? Hopefully he'll pull it off. The Flash is my top DC hero. I also hope he's working out hard to fill out some muscle. I want to take the dude seriously next to Supes and Bats, and that will be hard if they are three times his weight. I want to see the normal ripped Flash.

https://znculturecast.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/ezraflash.png

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/47/The_Flash_-_The_Fastest_Man_Alive_1_%282006%29.jpg

Zack M
The date for this got pushed up a week.

Adam Grimes
Ffs

BruceSkywalker
hope this dude act....

Kazenji
I've seen a thing about Grant Gustin is supporting Ezra Miller for the movie version of Flash.

Zack M
Watch We Need to Talk About Kevin. Awesome movie, IMO. Very creepy. Ezra has a lot of charisma and will be fine, IMO.

Esau Cairn
Another thread to drag on for the next 2 years...

Mindset
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
hope this dude act.... He can

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Zack M
The date for this got pushed up a week.

A whole week? No way!

steverules_2
So it's basically already out

Esau Cairn
I think The Flash has a limited appeal IMO.
I mean we've seen "speed" special effects already done to death in various movies, it's nothing new anymore.
It's either the "flash" of a distorted figure on screen & the bad guy's either knocked down or tied up or slow mo "bullet time."
The Flash is more effective sharing screen time with the JL than a solo movie.

Darth Thor
The Flash could be one of the greatest comic book movies... If Done Right..

Although kind of loses something doing it after he's already been in Justice League IMO

-Pr-
The kind of speed we should see in a Flash movie would make the Quicksilver scene in DOFP look humble in comparison. I assume it'll be Barry as he's their favourite at DC, but if they use someone like Reverse Flash, and do it well, I could see it being really good.

Just a worry that they won't do a better job than the show did, as that had a pretty good Reverse Flash as a villain imo.

Darth Thor
^ Doubt they'll concern themselves too much about comparisons to the Tv series given it's on CW so doesn't get many viewers compared to other networks, let alone compared to the massive number of people you get watching a superhero blockbuster.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Doubt they'll concern themselves too much about comparisons to the Tv series given it's on CW so doesn't get many viewers compared to other networks, let alone compared to the massive number of people you get watching a superhero blockbuster.

True enough; I'd just hate to see the movie fail where the show succeeded, is all. Flash has been a very solid, and at times very good show, imo.

Esau Cairn
The Flash could be one of the greatest comic book movies... If Done Right..

Yeah but the sentiment can apply to any character.

ares834
Not Aquaman.

-Pr-
Originally posted by ares834
Not Aquaman.

He ****ing could.

Surtur
We have a flash tv show, why do we need a movie too?

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by ares834
Not Aquaman.

I'd be more hyped to see them try than a Flash movie.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Surtur

Because the Justice League needs the Flash, and instead of waiting a few years to make it, they're pushing it out now.

Time-Immemorial
So we have to talk about this from now till 2018?

Darth Thor
The Tv show is frigging Awesome..

Anyway they should swap the dates for the JL and Flash movies IMO. That'd be almost perfect.

But hey it's WB, so I should just be glad we're getting the WW solo movie before JL.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Mindset
He can

in what films

Kazenji

Because DC/WB doesn't want to merge the two together like what Marvel/Disney has done.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I think The Flash has a limited appeal IMO.
I mean we've seen "speed" special effects already done to death in various movies, it's nothing new anymore.
It's either the "flash" of a distorted figure on screen & the bad guy's either knocked down or tied up or slow mo "bullet time."
The Flash is more effective sharing screen time with the JL than a solo movie. I'm gonna have to disagree. The Flash has had some of the greatest comic book moments I've ever read. If there was ever a JL character to deserve his own movie (other than Supes or Batman), its Flash. The dude has an awesome rogues gallery and so many untapped and awesome stories.

Darth Thor
^ thumb up

Mindset
in what films http://i.imgur.com/RKh2rOX.gif

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I'm gonna have to disagree. The Flash has had some of the greatest comic book moments I've ever read. If there was ever a JL character to deserve his own movie (other than Supes or Batman), its Flash. The dude has an awesome rogues gallery and so many untapped and awesome stories.

I'll take your word on the awesome storylines & rogues gallery.

But I'm simply saying the cgi effects for speed has already been done to death.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I'll take your word on the awesome storylines & rogues gallery.

But I'm simply saying the cgi effects for speed has already been done to death. Yeah, but he can also phase through walls, create whirlwinds, run through time, run between dimensions, steal peoples speed rendering them immobile, gives him a healing factor, (etc...). The Flash is the one character with super speed that somehow translates it to a plethora of other super powers. Barry, Wally, and Bart are so much more than just a power set too. They're all unique, fleshed out characters (Bart is my personal favorite speedster, though Barry and Wally are also awesome).

Plus, we have yet to have a legitimate fight scene in super speed. Could you imagine him and Zoom going at it with a proper budget/special effects? Quicksilver running into some robots and getting shot just doesn't compare. The only real proper super speed scene made so far was Quicksilvers in Xmen, and many consider that the best part of the movie. That pales in comparison to possible scenes with the Flash.

You say super speed has been done to death (Wolverine, on the other hand, we can somehow watch stab people for 10 movies), but I think people have barely scratched the surface. Writers usually stay away from characters with super speed because they are hard to write for.

BruceSkywalker
http://i.imgur.com/RKh2rOX.gif

dunno who or what that is

Mindset
dunno who or what that is That's The Flash, my good man.

Kazenji
He's certainly doing some quick movements there...lol

Esau Cairn
Yeah, but he can also phase through walls, create whirlwinds, run through time, run between dimensions, steal peoples speed rendering them immobile, gives him a healing factor, (etc...). The Flash is the one character with super speed that somehow translates it to a plethora of other super powers. Barry, Wally, and Bart are so much more than just a power set too. They're all unique, fleshed out characters (Bart is my personal favorite speedster, though Barry and

Sweet!
You sold me.
I honestly never knew there was more to Flash's abilities than "running fast".

-Pr-
Oh, there is. If you ever want to read the comics, look up stuff by Mark Waid and Geoff Johns. They show the Flash doing some mad shit.

BruceSkywalker
That's The Flash, my good man.

looks like he can't act lol... what films has he done?

Surtur
There was a pilot made for an aquaman tv show, with the guy who played green arrow on Smallville playing the lead. It was awful. I'm just waiting for some kind of animated or live action version of the character to be shown using telepathy on things other then fish, since a version of Aquaman from the comics could straight up mind screw you.

-Pr-
There was a pilot made for an aquaman tv show, with the guy who played green arrow on Smallville playing the lead. It was awful. I'm just waiting for some kind of animated or live action version of the character to be shown using telepathy on things other then fish, since a version of Aquaman from the comics could straight up mind screw you.

Mercy Reef? It was a bit simplistic, but it wasn't terrible.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by -Pr-
Mercy Reef? It was a bit simplistic, but it wasn't terrible. I remember tuning in for its premier and being super excited way back when. The theme song for the title was also done by my all time favorite band, not to mention I was the exact group they were marketing to (age wise) at the time. I thought it looked awesome, and was genuinely disappointed it wasn't going to continue.

Then they brought back the dude who played aquaman as GA and it fit him perfectly, so I got over it. He ended up being one of the best parts of Smallville and I still, to this day, believe he's a better Green Arrow than Amell from Arrow

Time-Immemorial
http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/ezra-miller-getting-ripped-flash#axzz444DLoBHl

http://www.bustle.com/articles/149936-when-does-the-flash-movie-premiere-the-ezra-miller-film-cant-be-here-soon-enough

Inhuman
http://i.imgur.com/iTC233E.png

BruceSkywalker
looks meh

Kazenji
Originally posted by Inhuman

Barry Allen on his days off.

TheGrat1
Watch Royal Pains. Ezra is awesome in that.

I'm excited for this film.

carthage
The film will suck ass like the TV show

Kazenji
How does the tv show "Suck ass"?

carthage
Flash is a jobber, the acting is poor, the villains in Season 1 are nearly all fodder, and every actor has the same wooden and stilted tone every line. Other than Zoom and Reverse flash, Barry sucks as a fighter as well

Zack M
Originally posted by TheGrat1
Watch Royal Pains. Ezra is awesome in that.

I'm excited for this film.

He was also superb in we need to talk about kevin.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by carthage
Flash is a jobber, the acting is poor, the villains in Season 1 are nearly all fodder, and every actor has the same wooden and stilted tone every line. Other than Zoom and Reverse flash, Barry sucks as a fighter as well You're in the minority there. Flash has been received greatly.

CPT Space Bomb
What a bum. Kid needs to learn how to dress

Darth Thor
This film should come before Justice League not After.

God damn WB/DC stop being so scared of putting out a solo movie before introducing them with Batman and Superman!

You've done your Batman/Superman movie now, and we all know Flash and Aquaman are in that Universe, so just move on now damn it!

The film will suck ass like the TV show

Stop talking.

Arachnid1
Theres already a thread for this BTW

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=622651&pagenumber=2

Arachnid1
So what was with Flash's scene where he went back in time to warn Bats? How do you guys think that ties into the future Justice League movie?

Impediment
Merged existing threads together.

Inhuman
So what was with Flash's scene where he went back in time to warn Bats? How do you guys think that ties into the future Justice League movie?

Why did he look like Italian Spiderman?

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Inhuman
Why did he look like Italian Spiderman? http://i.imgur.com/0tlqT2F.gif

Inhuman

laughing out loud

http://i.imgur.com/BkE8je5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HoQCm2K.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PjgsEv4.jpg

Inhuman
SPOILER

http://i.imgur.com/CJD8Y0o.png

BruceSkywalker

that scene was so convoluted it made no sense...

TethAdamTheRock
Let's hope we see flash do a infinite mass punch on somebody

Arachnid1
that scene was so convoluted it made no sense... Yeah, it was pretty terrible. Would have served better as an after credits scene or something.

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Let's hope we see flash do a infinite mass punch on somebody Still the greatest moment of the DCUA for me

QXZWBJ-KKaU

TethAdamTheRock
Yeah, it was pretty terrible. Would have served better as an after credits scene or something.

Still the greatest moment of the DCUA for me

QXZWBJ-KKaU That would be the perfect ending for this movie

BruceSkywalker
Yeah, it was pretty terrible. Would have served better as an after credits scene or something.

I agree

BruceSkywalker
so... seth graham smith leaves

http://heroichollywood.com/seth-grahame-smith-departs-the-flash/

Kazenji
^ Over creative differences i read.

Darth Thor
^ That happened with Wonder Woman as well. Don't screw up The Flash WB!!!

roughrider
On the upside, everything this guy has done for the big screen has sucked anyway.

Don't worry...I'm confident they will find a way to screw this up. That's been DC & Warners track record with the DCCU thus far. stick out tongue

It's what you get for double dipping - wanting both a shared TV universe and a cinematic universe that are separate.

juggernaut74
Didn't the original director for Ant-Man depart?

Zack M
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Didn't the original director for Ant-Man depart?

Jenkins left Thor, too.

BruceSkywalker
^ That happened with Wonder Woman as well. Don't screw up The Flash WB!!!

they have for the big screen, but not the tv screen

Firefly218
Jenkins left Thor, too. Well that was super early in pre-production before even the full script had been written, but yeah Jenkins left thor 2

Darth Thor
Jenkins left Thor, too.

Yeah and the result was TDW was a big step down from Thor1.

Ant-Man worked, but it's not a good sign when that happens. And so far for WB/DC it's happened twice now. First time was Wonder Woman.

Kazenji
Originally posted by roughrider
On the upside, everything this guy has done for the big screen has sucked anyway..

Well he's mostly been writer/Producer.

Darth Thor
WB need to take this property more seriously, as it's potentially their Iron Man franchise IMO.

But they probably don't see it that way.

Zack M
WB need to take this property more seriously, as it's potentially their Iron Man franchise IMO.

But they probably don't see it that way.

If the reports are true, they are. They wanted to replace him with a more experienced director. However, they are happy with his script, so...

BruceSkywalker
If the reports are true, they are. They wanted to replace him with a more experienced director. However, they are happy with his script, so...

IOW, fans are in for another crapfest thumb up

Zack M
Chris and Lord Miller recommended him to WB, so I'll reserve judgment.

Darth Thor
^ Recommended who? The guy they've booted?

Kazenji
laughing

Zack M
^ Recommended who? The guy they've booted?

Seth is primarily a writer, so Miller probably recommended him to take over the script, since Phil and Miller left. Flash would be his first directorial debut and WB wanted to go with someone with more experience.

tkitna
DC has struggled on the big screen for the most part and I doubt casting the love child of Keanu Reeves and Yoko Ono as the Flash is going to help.

Of all the times to stay closer to the source material, I would think now would be the time.

ares834
Honestly, I really don't care about the actor's appearance for Flash. As long as the character looks cool, has proper characterization, and the film itself is good then I'm happy and that's a "win" for DC in my book.

And god damn does the DCEU need a win.

Zack M
Ezra is actually a good actor. Let's hope the script is good and they find a director that actually wants to do this.

Darth Thor
^ It's not about finding a director who wants to do it, it's about finding a director with a cool vision for it, whose got familiarity and love for the source material, and then WB lets him get on with it.

Zack M
^ It's not about finding a director who wants to do it, it's about finding a director with a cool vision for it, whose got familiarity and love for the source material, and then WB lets him get on with it.

Wouldn't that go hand and hand? A director who actually wants to direct something could very well have a cool vision.

-Pr-
http://archive.is/u15MZ

lol. It's not whitewashing when the character was originally white.

Kazenji
Could do without the unremoverabee Iphone ad

and yeah clearly the person doesn't read comics like alot of journo's.

Firefly218
^ or do basic research for that matter...

Darth Thor
LOL

Zack M
Flash has found a new director. Excellent choice and much better than Graham.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/ezra-millers-flash-movie-finds-a-director-in-dope-helmer-rick-famuyiwa

Darth Thor
Good. This shouldn't be delayed then.

marwash22
thumb up

That guy has directed two of my alltime favorite movies, 'Brown Sugar' and 'The Wood', and one of my favorite movies of last year, 'Dope'

BruceSkywalker
never heard of the guy.... hope this film turns out good , but not holding my breath until WB leaks set photos and once the first trailer hits.

marwash22
honestly, i'd never heard of him either. I just imdb'd his name and realized i really like his work.

Zack M
http://i67.tinypic.com/2qurw2v.jpg

Darth Thor
^ Nice. He's embracing the source material.

Kazenji
If only Bryan Singer did that with the X-men movies.

Darth Thor
thumb up

BruceSkywalker
^ Nice. He's embracing the source material.

didn't hack Snyder say the same???? big grin big grin laughing out loud

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Kazenji

He did do that. He torrented all episodes of X-Men: Evolution and binge on it before making X-Men: Apocalypse.

CPT Space Bomb
I have 0 interest in a Flash movie with Ezra "hobo" miller.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
He did do that. He torrented all episodes of X-Men: Evolution and binge on it before making X-Men: Apocalypse.

LOL

steverules_2
I don't look like Ezra miller, he has the face of a ****

Zack M
Originally posted by Kazenji

DOFP was awesome. He did a good job on Apocalypse, too.

carthage
Yeah, the New xmen trilogy is vastly better than anything DC has done bar the Dark Knight. Saying that the Flash or any property related is better or will be because it's faithful to the source material is hilarious. The show is garbage and this movie will be lucky to gain any critical acclaim, especially with how terrible Warner has been to DC properties

Darth Thor

FC was Mathew Vaughn who also did all the ground work for DOFP.

Apocalypse was the first of this trilogy to have nothing to do with Vaughn, and be all Singer+Kinberg. The result was underwhelming IMO.

Yeah, the New xmen trilogy is vastly better than anything DC has done bar the Dark Knight. Saying that the Flash or any property related is better or will be because it's faithful to the source material is hilarious. The show is garbage and this movie will be lucky to gain any critical acclaim, especially with how terrible Warner has been to DC properties

What are you talking about? The show is f***ing awesome.

And screw critical acclaim, WB might need it, but what do you need it for?

Being close to the source material is what us nerds live for.

Kazenji

Agree to disagree there.

Nibedicus
What are you talking about? The show is f***ing awesome.

And screw critical acclaim, WB might need it, but what do you need it for?

Being close to the source material is what us nerds live for.

I really tried to love the Flash series. I really did. Supergirl, too.

But I have issues with shows that make the main character act like a dumb/ditzy teenager just so that they can write stories cuz his/her abilities are OP or cuz the writers are just plain lazy. It makes me facepalm every time and my face can only handle so many facepalms til it starts to hurt.

Stopped watching Flash around the time when Caitlyn didn't know what a singularity was.

Watched Supergirl til the time she decided to reveal her extremely life-endangering secret-y secret to her stalker "just because" (yup, first episode, tho I might have been unfair if the show improved down the line)... -_-

I know some ppl love those series so I won't try and bash them, but I wish I could find the same love for those shows that other ppl have cuz right now I'm almost out of things to watch.

Darth Thor
^ Supergirl I watch, has its moments, but it's nothing special and has its problems.

But personally can't understand people who are into comic book movies/series but don't like Flash.

Huh? What season/episode was that when Caitlyn didn't know about singularities?

Nibedicus
^ Supergirl I watch, has its moments, but it's nothing special and has its problems.

But personally can't understand people who are into comic book movies/series but don't like Flash.

Huh? What season/episode was that when Caitlyn didn't know about singularities?

It was when the singularity opened above the city right after Reverse Flash died.

My reason for not liking it is that I have to swotch off my brain completely just so that I don't get annoyed by the stupid writing. stick out tongue

Zack M

Zack M
I like her. thumb up

Darth Thor
I like her. thumb up

So I take it she'll be Iris. It seems a lot like the Tv series.

BruceSkywalker
these 3 actresses on the short list.. not just one..

http://www.superherohype.com/news/377743-the-flash-female-lead

some of the comments on superherohype are funny

Surtur
Meh I like the Flash show and do not feel we need a movie.

With the Flash tv series we get character development, we get to see plots unfold, we get to see various characters come and go. We get to make connections with them. It's not just about the explosions and the action, etc.

Leave it be DC. There are other characters to make movies about.

Darth Thor
Or have the guts to do the solo film before Justice League. As in before they've met Batman and/or Superman

juggernaut74
Why did WB put Tomb Raider on the same release slot as the Flash?

Zack M

Where do you see that? I thought there were like 3 unannounced films to be revealed. One of them being Tomb Raider.

Zack M
So I take it she'll be Iris. It seems a lot like the Tv series.

Zack M

BruceSkywalker

they didn't the Flash never had that date...

Where do you see that? I thought there were like 3 unannounced films to be revealed. One of them being Tomb Raider.

lmao.. SHITTINGMYPANTIESBOY.... maybe you should visit actual and truthful websites instead pf the pedophile ones...

Zack M
they didn't the Flash never had that date...

lmao.. SHITTINGMYPANTIESBOY.... maybe you should visit actual and truthful websites instead pf the pedophile ones...

Why do you join those sites? Sicko.

Darth Thor
It's true. Flash has had no official release date since they booted the last director.

Zack M
Yes, and WB stated there are 3 or so untitled films to be released. Obviously Flash is one of them. WB wouldn't have hired the new director if there wasn't going to be a movie. I'm assuming Ben's solo Batman movie is the other one.

Darth Thor
^ Yes but that's an assumption. A reasonable assumption maybe, but still an assumption.

So Bruce is correct to say there's no Official release date as of now.

For me Flash is far too important a film and should have got priority over Justice League.

Zack M
I never said Flash did have a release date, but they're obviously making one. Probably pushed back, so the new director can become familiar with everything.

This is what I was referring to:

http://www.newsarama.com/28709-warner-bros-moves-up-wonder-woman-release-date-adds-3-mystery-films-to-schedule.html

BruceSkywalker
Why do you join those sites? Sicko.

that's you sicko.. we all know you are always under the table during Campea's podcasts.. also you love being under Zack Snyder's table too

^ Yes but that's an assumption. A reasonable assumption maybe, but still an assumption.

So Bruce is correct to say there's no Official release date as of now.

For me Flash is far too important a film and should have got priority over Justice League.

Thanks

Zack M
that's you sicko.. we all know you are always under the table during Campea's podcasts.. also you love being under Zack Snyder's table too

Thanks

Nah, that would be you, obviously. You talk about it non stop. eek!

Zack M
Whelp someone tweeted a confirmation:

BruceSkywalker
Nah, that would be you, obviously. You talk about it non stop. eek!

nah its you and only you, you just continue to be in denial of the fact that Campea and Schepp are pedophiles... the truth is out there, SHITINGMYPANTIESBOY... You just don't wanna see it...

Whelp someone tweeted a confirmation:

so now there will be two dudes in the soon to be ill-fated Flash solo outing.. hahahahahahahahahaaha

but then again twitter isn;;t always true either..

Zack M
nah its you and only you, you just continue to be in denial of the fact that Campea and Schepp are pedophiles... the truth is out there, SHITINGMYPANTIESBOY... You just don't wanna see it...

so now there will be two dudes in the soon to be ill-fated Flash solo outing.. hahahahahahahahahaaha

but then again twitter isn;;t always true either..

And you continue to talk about it. What is your fascination on pedophilia? laughing out loud

Firefly218
Weirdly I'm not excited about this movie whatsoever

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Firefly218
Weirdly I'm not excited about this movie whatsoever

Not many people are. Because WB have put in Zero effort to get people excited for it. They're just depending on is loving the character in Justice League so we want to watch this. When really it should be the other way around.

Zack M
They haven't even begun marketing this film, guys. Wait until the official trailer comes out before you judge. So far I see positive thing ever since they hired the new director. He's always done a good job with his previous films.

Darth Thor
^ My issue is they should have done this first and then JL.

As it is there's no demand for JL which is kind of sad.

BruceSkywalker
And you continue to talk about it. What is your fascination on pedophilia? laughing out loud

that's your fascination since you love Campea so much and hinge on his every word...

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Zack M
^ My issue is they should have done this first and then JL.

As it is there's no demand for JL which is kind of sad.

Agree to disagree. I think JL will still make bank. But time will tell.

Zack M
that's your fascination since you love Campea so much and hinge on his every word...

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

What is your fascination with Campea? Creepy.

Darth Thor
Agree to disagree. I think JL will still make bank. But time will tell.

Doubt it. We've already seen it with BvS.

The demand simply wasn't there without building up the shared Universe through solo films first.

And after the poor reception to BvS, and Snyder returning for JL, I don't see anyone demanding JL tbh.

Zack M
Doubt it. We've already seen it with BvS.

The demand simply wasn't there without building up the shared Universe through solo films first.

And after the poor reception to BvS, and Snyder returning for JL, I don't see anyone demanding JL tbh.

The audience has short term memories. Once the marketing kicks into gear, they'll forgot BVS. Like I've said time and time again, I treat every movie as its own entity.

Darth Thor
^ That's not how shared Universes work though. I mean you don't really think Avengers1 would have been as big as it was if it came right after IM1, TIH and IM2, but completely missing out Thor1 and Cap1 do you?

Multi-Franchise Event films like JL need to be built up, as the lack of hype for BvS has already proven. You can't just introduce multiple new heroes in the film and expect that film to make a Billion dollars.

There needs to be a build up of excitement IMO.

The only thing that will help JL is the Solo WW film coming first. Which could have also helped BvS if it came before that tbh.

Zack M
I don't think there is any formula in Hollywood that is always going to work and not work. Can you give me an example of how it won't work? Remember, if Suicide Squad is good, then that will add to the momentum.

Darth Thor
I don't think there is any formula in Hollywood that is always going to work and not work. Can you give me an example of how it won't work? Remember, if Suicide Squad is good, then that will add to the momentum.

Well we've already seen it didn't work for BvS despite the tremendous amount of marketing for it.

Also not sure how SS being good would help would help given the SS are not in Justice League.

So what's JL got going for it really? It's a sequel to BvS which wasn't received well, and it's introducing all the other heroes(that were not in BvS) in the same film, so it's not building up that prior shared universe hype/excitement the way Marvel did.

So really why would JL be a massive hit? What's it got going for it? Where's the audience for it?

Avengers numbers are definitely out of the question.

Zack M
Well we've already seen it didn't work for BvS despite the tremendous amount of marketing for it.

Also not sure how SS being good would help would help given the SS are not in Justice League.

So what's JL got going for it really? It's a sequel to BvS which wasn't received well, and it's introducing all the other heroes(that were not in BvS) in the same film, so it's not building up that prior shared universe hype/excitement the way Marvel did.

So really why would JL be a massive hit? What's it got going for it? Where's the audience for it?

Avengers numbers are definitely out of the question.

BVS didn't have good legs for multiple reasons, but a lot of people turned out for it. Who wants to see JL? Poole who are curious about aquaman, flash, etc... people who are fans of batman, Wonder Woman, etc... if they can attract the foreign audience and if most people who saw BVS sees JL, then it can be a hit. Too many unknowns at this time, but I think it will top a billion or get close.

If they can attract families, then anything is possible. They already invited some guys like Devin, umberto, and frosty to the set, and all of them said they liked what they saw. Including Devin who hated BVS.

Darth Thor
BVS didn't have good legs for multiple reasons, but a lot of people turned out for it.

What I mean is sequels usually do better when the previous instalment is well recieved. So JL already has that going against it.

Who wants to see JL? Poole who are curious about aquaman, flash, etc... people who are fans of batman, Wonder Woman, etc...

I mean really whose curious about Flash and Aquaman? A tiny minority of the audience. Most people really don't know anything about those characters.

The way to make JL the huge event it wants to be was to put out the Flash and Aquaman movies first, and then those films would add to the hype/excitement for JL.

Case in point, Wonder Woman is a much bigger name than Flash or Aquaman. Yet she didn't help BvS make bank at all. Why? No prior solo movie.

However the solo WW film coming prior to JL might help JL's box office.

if they can attract the foreign audience and if most people who saw BVS sees JL, then it can be a hit. Too many unknowns at this time, but I think it will top a billion or get close.

I don't see how any of that would make it a bigger hit than BvS (unless it has stronger legs due to better WOM).

The way they've done it, JL will basically be a sequel to BvS, with more heroes added (and hopefully with better WOM).

With better WOM and assuming SS and WW are well received, I can see it hitting the magic 1Bill mark. But that's best case scenario IMO, and I don't see much better than that.

BruceSkywalker
What is your fascination with Campea? Creepy.

oh golgo, you pathetic ignorant person... You are the one who is love with Campea.. I hate that mans guts.. he is a nobody... you hinge on every word, but please deny it , but everyone knows its true...

Zack M
oh golgo, you pathetic ignorant person... You are the one who is love with Campea.. I hate that mans guts.. he is a nobody... you hinge on every word, but please deny it , but everyone knows its true...

Everyone knows you're into pedophilia?

BruceSkywalker
Everyone knows you're into pedophilia?

weak son, truly weak, we all know that is your thing

Zack M
weak son, truly weak, we all know that is your thing

It's obviously yours.

BruceSkywalker
It's obviously yours.

more weakness from SHITINGMYPANTIESBOY...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>