Supreme Court Blocks Obama's Epa Emissions Plan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
Huge blow back for Obama's legacy to kill the coal industry whom he campaigned to help.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/supreme-court-blocks-enforcement-air-pollution-rule-n515136

Robtard
Shame there's no compromise, where they could have kept the plan overall but revised it to a timetable the coal-plants could have met.

Pushing towards cleaner energy sources should be a priority.

Time-Immemorial
Clearly you can't hold Obama accountable to his campaign promises to help the coal industry, not destroy it.

The Supreme Court ruled and you don't like it, funny how you like it when they pass what you like.

Robtard
You're doing that thing again where you read want you want to see in my post and not what I actually said

Time-Immemorial
Obama ran and campaigned to help the coal industry, he got into office and tried to pass a bill that would destroy it.

Nuff said.

Thank you Supreme Court

Robtard
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Obama ran and campaigned to help the coal industry, he got into office and tried to pass a bill that would destroy it.

You should really get your facts straight:

http://www.politifact.com/ohio/statements/2011/mar/14/ohio-coal-association/ohio-coal-industry-says-obama-promised-bankrupt-co/

Also a position held 8 years ago is bound to be open to some chances. Views change with the times, generally speaking.

Time-Immemorial
http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/231682-obama-administration-ends-bushs-clean-coal-project

So should you

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
You should really get your facts straight:

http://www.politifact.com/ohio/statements/2011/mar/14/ohio-coal-association/ohio-coal-industry-says-obama-promised-bankrupt-co/

Also a position held 8 years ago is bound to be open to some chances. Views change with the times, generally speaking.

From your own source

Obama made clear in the interview that he was not suggesting an end to coal use. Too much of the country already uses it in existing power plants and factories. In a portion of the interview his critics failed to note, he said:

"This notion of no coal, I think, is an illusion, because the fact of the matter is that right now, we are getting a lot of our energy from coal, and China is building a coal-fired plant once a week. So what we have to do then is we have to figure out how can we use coal without emitting greenhouse gases and carbon. And how can we sequester that carbon and capture it? If we can't, then we're going to still be working on alternatives."

So like I said, and your source backs up, he ran on not ending coal, and his EPA bill the SC just blocked would have decimated the coal industry.

Robtard
Another one of those times you should have read the article and not just the headline

Time-Immemorial

Robtard
From your own source

Obama made clear in the interview that he was not suggesting an end to coal use. Too much of the country already uses it in existing power plants and factories. In a portion of the interview his critics failed to note, he said:

"This notion of no coal, I think, is an illusion, because the fact of the matter is that right now, we are getting a lot of our energy from coal, and China is building a coal-fired plant once a week. So what we have to do then is we have to figure out how can we use coal without emitting greenhouse gases and carbon. And how can we sequester that carbon and capture it? If we can't, then we're going to still be working on alternatives."

So like I said, and your source backs up, he ran on not ending coal, and his EPA bill the SC just blocked would have decimated the coal industry.

Exactly. The proposal wouldn't have "ended coal", it would have reduced it, for better or worse depending on how cheaply and quickly alternatives could have come up.

Time-Immemorial
That article is 5 years old, are you kidding me? How is it even relevant to OP?

Robtard
Your other article:

"The DOE has concluded that there is insufficient time to complete the project before federal funding expires in September 2015."

"The federal government is still spending money in other clean-coal projects, though the United States still does not have a commercial-scale coal plant with carbon capture."

Time-Immemorial
So what you are saying is the SC blocked his Emissions Bill and now you got nothing to say really.

Good talk.

Robtard
That article is 5 years old, are you kidding me? How is it even relevant to OP?

Because it shows that Obama's view on coal wasn't as you claimed, he realized it wasn't going away back then, but that change needed to be made to not be dependent on it.

Time-Immemorial
http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/09/politics/supreme-court-obama-epa-climate-change/

"White House unhappy with ruling.. in a statement, White House press secretary Josh Earnest said "we disagree" with the court's action"

laughing out loudlaughing out loud

Robtard
So what you are saying is the SC blocked his Emissions Bill and now you got nothing to say really.

Good talk.

What I said was that it's a shame a compromise couldn't have been had. This for some reason didn't sit well with you.

Time-Immemorial
You believe in a compromise. You never have the back bone to say "enough is enough."

Which is why I like Sanders and Trump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.