Darth Bane vs. Vitiate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
Darth Bane has his Orbalisk Armor but has force knowledge and power from DOE and the youth of his RO2 incarnation, Vitiate is from the Revan novel. Fight takes place on Dromuund Kaas. Who wins?

Darth Abonis
Vitiate. The orbalisks cant withstand the power of force lightning

Syndicate
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Vitiate. The orbalisks cant withstand the power of force lightning

?_?

The remaining five struck Bane almost simultaneously, their force pikes sending a million volts of current through his body. The orbalisks absorbed most of the charge, but enough filtered through to jolt him from his teeth down to his toes.

The Dark Lord staggered and fell to his knees. But instead of rushing in to finish him off, the assassins simply stood their ground. The idea that anything smaller than a bantha could withstand a direct hit from a force pike set to maximum charge - let alone five pikes at the same time - was inconceivable.

Source: Rule of Two

carthage
Vitiates lightning was dropping ships, oneshot Darth Marr, and was killing hundreds of Zakuul Knights

Bane gets stomped so badly DMB makes a Comicvine blog post about it

S_W_LeGenD
You've got to be kidding me?

Vitiate nearly stomps.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Syndicate
?_?

The remaining five struck Bane almost simultaneously, their force pikes sending a million volts of current through his body. The orbalisks absorbed most of the charge, but enough filtered through to jolt him from his teeth down to his toes.

The Dark Lord staggered and fell to his knees. But instead of rushing in to finish him off, the assassins simply stood their ground. The idea that anything smaller than a bantha could withstand a direct hit from a force pike set to maximum charge - let alone five pikes at the same time - was inconceivable.

Source: Rule of Two
Force pikes are as lethal/potent as Vitiate's Force Lightning? Fantastic.

Vitiate would have reduced the mighty Revan to a charred smoking husk with a Force Lightning Storm, if T3-M4 had not intervened.

Vitiate have unparalleled showings with Force Lightning at the moment.

Syndicate
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Force pikes are as lethal/potent as Vitiate's Force Lightning? Fantastic.

Vitiate would have reduced the mighty Revan to a charred smoking husk with a Force Lightning Storm, if T3-M4 had not intervened.

Vitiate have unparalleled showings with Force Lightning at the moment.

Who said anything about that? I'm simply disproving that orbalisks succumb to any/all energy attacks as was suggested.

Trocity
Bane with moderate difficulty.

FreshestSlice
Who said anything about that? I'm simply disproving that orbalisks succumb to any/all energy attacks as was suggested.
Force pikes aren't comparable to Force Lightning, especially not Vitiate's which is what we're talking about.

Syndicate
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Force pikes aren't comparable to Force Lightning

How do you know?

Trocity
Force pikes aren't comparable to Force Lightning, especially not Vitiate's which is what we're talking about.
thumb up I'd have to reread the passage from RoT but he kills the Orbalisks with his own lightning when Worror erects the barrier around him. And Bane's lightning isn't on Vitiate's level.

FreshestSlice
How do you know?
Because one of those things can blow up ships and turn people to ash. The other is a glorified stun baton.

Nephthys
Those pikes were stated in the book to be capable of taking out anything smaller than a bantha on max settings. Most Sith's force lightning can't do that and Bane ate 5 of them.

Glorified stun baton my ass.

Sinious
Now that everyone knows the difference between Vitiate's lightning and force pikes, does anyone think Bane under the circumstances given by the OP, can tank novel Vitiate's lightning?

EDIT: Oops, nvm. Neph who do you think wins?

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Nephthys
Those pikes were stated in the book to be capable of taking out anything smaller than a bantha on max settings. Most Sith's force lightning can't do that and Bane ate 5 of them.

Glorified stun baton my ass.
You think most Sith Lightning, which most Sith can't even use, can't take down a Bantha? More importantly, you don't think Vitiate's Lightning isn't comparable to five randoms?

Nephthys
Originally posted by Sinious
EDIT: Oops, nvm. Neph who do you think wins?

I'm unsure. Vitiate has been getting such good feats that I'm not sure anyone can beat him.

You think most Sith Lightning, which most Sith can't even use, can't take down a Bantha?

Yes.

More importantly, you don't think Vitiate's Lightning isn't comparable to five randoms?

Reread was I said.

Syndicate
Because one of those things can blow up ships and turn people to ash. The other is a glorified stun baton.

If you read the quote a max setting pike can kill a bantha instantly and he was hit by multiple of them. I'm not directly comparing them to Vitiate's lightning but just force lightning in general. How do you know the average Sith's force lightning is stronger then said force pikes?

Syndicate
You think most Sith Lightning, which most Sith can't even use, can't take down a Bantha? More importantly, you don't think Vitiate's Lightning isn't comparable to five randoms?

Apparently Carthage who is the be all end all in regards to BT characters according to you guys thinks that experienced "trainees" can use force lightning so...

Emperordmb
Vitiate's force lightning is among the greatest in the mythos, but that vast majority of force lightning doesn't even begin to compare to the lightning that killed Bane's orbalisks.

Nephthys
Vitiate's force lightning is the greatest in the mythos.

FreshestSlice
If you read the quote a max setting pike can kill a bantha instantly and he was hit by multiple of them. I'm not directly comparing them to Vitiate's lightning but just force lightning in general. How do you know the average Sith's force lightning is stronger then said force pikes?
Yeah, and lightning can kill a Bantha instantly too, regardless of Neph's opinion. Besides "bring down" doesn't mean kill. erm

Hell, your quote actually says a bantha can withstand a direct hit from one. Finally, the average Sith isn't supposed to, despite TOR, be able to actually use Force Lightning. It's an advance technique that even the weakest form of can be lethal.

carthage
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Vitiate's force lightning is among the greatest in the mythos, but that vast majority of force lightning doesn't even begin to compare to the lightning that killed Bane's orbalisks.

Bane's lightning was dodged by a fodder character, and never even killed anyone on par with Darth Marr.

Wank Bane harder lmfao.

The Merchant
I want to see DMB have a one on one debate with Carthage :')

carthage
No thanks especially after his garbage posts against Silver where he literally denies established Legends canon to wank Kas'im

Syndicate
Yeah, and lightning can kill a Bantha instantly too, regardless of Neph's opinion. Besides "bring down" doesn't mean kill. erm

Hell, your quote actually says a bantha can withstand a direct hit from one. Finally, the average Sith isn't supposed to, despite TOR, be able to actually use Force Lightning. It's an advance technique that even the weakest form of can be lethal.

How do you know that Sith lightning from an average Sith could kill a bantha? Also I think it's made pretty clear in the text. I'll try to find a direct quote for you though.

Apparently TOR disagrees with you. I take TOR's showings over your beliefs tbh.

Syndicate
Originally posted by carthage
Bane's lightning was dodged by a fodder character, and never even killed anyone on par with Darth Marr.

Wank Bane harder lmfao.

?_?

Despite missing her the first time, Bane followed it up with another blast on the exact same trajectory. Turning her head to follow the course of the misguided bolt, Zannah saw where the first had hit the wall. The stone had been disintegrated in a fist-sized hole, revealing something that looked like bright red plastic beneath it.

Source: Dynasty of Evil

Syndicate
Originally posted by The Merchant
I want to see DMB have a one on one debate with Carthage :')

Lol. Carthage would become even more of a mental wreck.

carthage
So disintegrating a stone over killing one of the Empire's most powerful Sith in one shot, lmfao you have lower standards than even Neph.

The Merchant
So Bane has no chance even with the buffs I gave him?

Syndicate
So disintegrating a stone over killing one of the Empire's most powerful Sith in one shot, lmfao you have lower standards than even Neph.

Who said anything about anything being over anything? I'm simply refuting your seeming attempt to deny Bane having some of the best lightning in the mythos.

Syndicate
Originally posted by The Merchant
So Bane has no chance even with the buffs I gave him?

Being honest not really.

carthage
I never denied he has powerful lightning, I just think its far inferior to Valkorion's showings and Valk would turn OrbaliskNexus Bane into a pile of goo thumb up

Syndicate
he has powerful lightning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAaQ5EEXidc

S_W_LeGenD
How do you know that Sith lightning from an average Sith could kill a bantha? Also I think it's made pretty clear in the text. I'll try to find a direct quote for you though.

Apparently TOR disagrees with you. I take TOR's showings over your beliefs tbh.
A large number of Sith do not use Force Lightning.

Anyways, powerful Sith (in general) can produce Force Lightning of intensity that is enough to shatter structures and kill beats much more formidable then a Bantha. I can provide several examples.

--

Vitiate would level an entire Forest with Force Lightning, not just a Bantha.

Syndicate
A large number of Sith do not use Force Lightning.

Anyways, powerful Sith (in general) can produce Force Lightning of intensity that is enough to shatter structures and kill beats much more formidable then a Bantha. I can provide several examples.

--

Vitiate would level an entire Forest with Force Lightning, not just a Bantha.

Not saying powerful Sith can't. I'm talking about an average Sith.

ares834
The whole force pike thing is pretty irrelevant anyway. As, IIRC, Bane's orbalisks died not because they were fried by his lightning but because they bursted from absorbing to much dark side energy from his lightning (something they would not do from force pikes).

FreshestSlice
Jedi vs Sith, I believe, outlines Force Lightning as an advance skill. TOR can't just override that. I also doubt the average Sith would have trouble with cattle.

S_W_LeGenD
Bantha is virtually defenseless against Force powers.

Beniboybling
Vitiate would level an entire Forest with Force Lightning, not just a Bantha. laughing out loud

Proof he can level a forest with his lightning?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Beniboybling
laughing out loud

Proof he can level a forest with his lightning?
He can't?

---

Darth Plagueis once unleashed a storm of Force Lightning on a landscape and set it on fire.

Getting to his feet, Plagueis extended his long arms in front of him and loosed a storm of Force lightning that crackled over the landscape, igniting fires in the grass.

Taken from Star Wars: Darth Plagueis

---

Lesser Sith have ravaged entire landscapes with a vast storm of Force Lightning, unleashed through their combined might.

The storm rolled down from the plateau and rumbled across the forest. Hundreds of forks of searing lightning shot down from the sky-and the forest erupted. Trees burst into flames, the blaze racing through the branches and spreading out in all directions. The underbrush smoldered, smoked, and ignited; and a wall of fire swept across the planet's surface.

The inferno consumed everything in its path.

Heat and fire. There was nothing else in Bane's world. It was as if he had become the storm itself: he could see the world before him, swallowed up in red and orange and reduced in seconds to ash and embers by the unchained fury of the dark side.

It was glorious. And then suddenly it was gone.

Taken from Star Wars: Darth Bane - Path of Destruction

---

Valkorion would certainly have the capability to engulf/burn a landscape through a vast storm of Force Lightning.

Beniboybling
He can't?An entire forest consists of thousands of acres, so no. erm
This is novel Vitiate.

FreshestSlice
An entire forest consists of thousands of acres, so no. erm
This is novel Vitiate.
Lulz, you know every forest isn't thousands of acres long, yes?

Beniboybling
Lulz, you know every forest isn't thousands of acres long, yes? The vast majority are. erm

Some are hundreds of thousands. Lulz indeed.

FreshestSlice
No. No the vast majority aren't. Welcome to 2016, Beni. The world has changed quite a bit from 800 BC/BCE, but I'm sure you'll get used to things.

Beniboybling
Lol OK, maybe that's the case for whatever oxegen starved nation you originate from. But in my country it's not. smile

FreshestSlice
>joking about being oxygen starved
>began the ruin of the world

Filthy Brits.

Either way, I don't know what definition of forest you're using, but the idea that it needs to cover a few miles to be a forest is wrong.

Beniboybling
Ok, I'm really not here to discuss geography.

Nephthys
Yeah, Beni just came here to have a good time and he's feeling really attacked right now.

Beniboybling
I didn't sign up for this shit. smile

FreshestSlice
Yeah, Beni just came here to have a good time and he's feeling really attacked right now.
Beni deserves it for letting cs bully him.

Syndicate
Jedi vs Sith, I believe, outlines Force Lightning as an advance skill. TOR can't just override that. I also doubt the average Sith would have trouble with cattle.

Who says Jedi vs Sith is a more reliable source? You?

Also I'd like a quote for that.

Also even if it is a more reliable source what says that average force lightning can do what you claim?

Bantha's are a fair bit bigger then our type of cattle so don't try to undersell them.

FreshestSlice
Who says Jedi vs Sith is a more reliable source? You?

Also I'd like a quote for that.

Also even if it is a more reliable source what says that average force lightning can do what you claim?

Bantha's are a fair bit bigger then our type of cattle so don't try to undersell them.
It's a source book as opposed to a video game that randomly drops in characters. It's not like TOR says most Sith can use Lightning either, though I'll admit I mixed up my sources.

"Force Lightning causes excruciating pain as it weakens an individual's life, and is nearly impossible to deflect."-Jedi vs Sith
I'm sure the average Sith has a nearly unblockable attacks that weakens one's life, and I'm sure a pack animal will be fine.
"A fire ignited in her eyes and her body went rigid as Plagueis began to trickle lightning into her. Her limbs trembled and her blood began to boil. Her hands grew hot and were close to being set aflame when he finally felt the light go out of her and she crumpled in his grasp."- Darth Plagueis
Obviously a powerful Sith Lord, among the most power, but given the absolute lack of effort on his part, and the fact that it was not noticeable, I doubt it's out of the possibilities of anyone who can use Lightning. He also speaks of the strength required to summon Lightning which is not what I'd describe as average.

I'll continue to look for how widespread the power is, but it's obviously a powerful one if it can set people and forests on fire. Now, I would like you to present evidence that a bantha can defend against it in anyway.

Emperordmb
While that may be true, the lightning that ultimately killed the orbalisks was also powerful enough to leave the Orbalisk's shells blackened and brittle and disintegrate people. Clearly ROT Bane doesn't have a particular weakness against lightning compared to other characters just in the same way that Vader doesn't, and it would take really high tier lightning to exploit that vulnerability. Not saying Vitiate's lightning would be insufficient, just saying the vast majority of lightning wielders among the Sith would find little to no success.

FreshestSlice
I don't disagree that the Lightning has to be powerful. I'm saying that it's obviously more dangerous than the average Force pike.

Nephthys
In swtor random failed sith acolytes can use lightning.

ares834
And like I said, what ultimately killed Bane's orbalisks was over engorging on the energy from Bane's lightning.

FreshestSlice
Also a good point.
In swtor random failed sith acolytes can use lightning.
SWTOR also has people who have never used the Force in their life learn it in a few days.

Syndicate
It's a source book as opposed to a video game that randomly drops in characters. It's not like TOR says most Sith can use Lightning either, though I'll admit I mixed up my sources.

"Force Lightning causes excruciating pain as it weakens an individual's life, and is nearly impossible to deflect."-Jedi vs Sith
I'm sure the average Sith has a nearly unblockable attacks that weakens one's life, and I'm sure a pack animal will be fine.
"A fire ignited in her eyes and her body went rigid as Plagueis began to trickle lightning into her. Her limbs trembled and her blood began to boil. Her hands grew hot and were close to being set aflame when he finally felt the light go out of her and she crumpled in his grasp."- Darth Plagueis
Obviously a powerful Sith Lord, among the most power, but given the absolute lack of effort on his part, and the fact that it was not noticeable, I doubt it's out of the possibilities of anyone who can use Lightning. He also speaks of the strength required to summon Lightning which is not what I'd describe as average.

I'll continue to look for how widespread the power is, but it's obviously a powerful one if it can set people and forests on fire. Now, I would like you to present evidence that a bantha can defend against it in anyway.

Love the hypocrisy here considering all your talk of how the TFU video game is just as usable as the TFU novel. xD

Quote where Plagueis claims you need to be particularly strong to use lightning?

I can't defend a bantha until I know how powerful said lightning would be. We know that SOME lightning can set people and forests on fire but we don't know what weaker lightning would do.

Zenwolf
An example of weak Force Lighting I guess would be Nightsister Migella, only real example I could think of and it was powerful enough to temporarily bring Maul to his knees when he was in mid-attack.

I guess a Non-Force User would have been fried by that attack. Although it's noted she was one of the more powerful Nightsisters, so not sure if you're just looking for someone like a Force Adept, but there's an example.

FreshestSlice

Syndicate
They're all non canon now anyways so if we're using them anyways I don't see why'd they'd all be equally valid sources. Nice excuse though.

You want me to put actual effort into debating you? xD

Except we've seen people hit by force lightning who haven't been set on fire or died immediately to it. Just because you can't defend against it doesn't mean force lightning would kill you instantly.

Nephthys
SWTOR also has people who have never used the Force in their life learn it in a few days.

And in Kotor a random dude is using it to torture someone at the start of Korriban. I'm pretty he was a noob.

Force lightning is a dark side ability used to torture, disfigure, and even kill one’s victims. Blue in color, Sith shoot Force lightning from their hands by calling on their hatred and aggressive feelings. However, while a deadly weapon, it is not unstoppable. Force lightning can be deflected and absorbed by a lightsaber, and select Jedi have proved able to neutralize the technique through the power of the light side. -Star Wars databanks

Now, unless you know of a bantha that utilizes the Force to a great degree or has a lightsaber that it's particularly adept with, you can stop anytime now.

Not being able to block it doesn't mean it would kill you. Your own source frames force lightning killing as being unusual. A bantha is an immense beast, most lightning would likely merely hurt it and piss it off.

Zenwolf
And in Kotor a random dude is using it to torture someone at the start of Korriban. I'm pretty he was a noob.

Hm? If I'm reading this wrong tell me, but this is a problem?

S_W_LeGenD
An entire forest consists of thousands of acres, so no. erm
You doubted Valkorion's ability to destroy a world before.

This is novel Vitiate.
Valkorion was immensely powerful even at this stage.

Sinious
Can't believe you're completely over the name "Vitiate", Legend.

FreshestSlice

Not being able to block it doesn't mean it would kill you. Your own source frames force lightning killing as being unusual. A bantha is an immense beast, most lightning would likely merely hurt it and piss it off.
Given the obvious hype surrounding the Sith in KotOR, being powerful war veterans trained on Malachor and all that, that's really not surprising.

My own source also says disfigure and kill in the first sentence. erm
More likely than not the bantha would just catch on fire and burn to death. It's covered in fur. In a harsh dry environment at that.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Sinious
Can't believe you're completely over the name "Vitiate", Legend.
To be honest, Valkorion's "Vitiate" arc wasn't carried out well.

It would have been great if BioWare had done its homework before. Imagine Revan approaching Valkorion and learning that he is not a Sith. What a shocker.

FreshestSlice
Yeah, imagine Revan approaching the Emperor of the Sith Empire to find out he was in fact not a Sith...no wait, that's dumb.

S_W_LeGenD
Yeah, imagine Revan approaching the Emperor of the Sith Empire to find out he was in fact not a Sith...no wait, that's dumb.
It would have been a more interesting story arc, IMO.

An entity deceiving (and exploiting) both Jedi and Sith for personal gains; this story arc would have justified Valkorion's galaxy-busting effort even more-so.

In this manner, Palpatine's originality would not have been violated.

FreshestSlice
Yes, that is why the game is how it is now, but honestly, for that to work, Vitiate couldn't be introduced any other way, aside from quality writing, that is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.