Would Cell obey Dr. Gero?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggerman
If Dr. Gero had lived, would Cell have obeyed him?

Now I know the knee jerk reaction is to say "F*CK NO!" but hear me out. Gero really only had a problem with obedience from #17 and #18. #16 was considered a failure not because he was disobedient but because it was too peaceful iirc. And we know #19 was fully obedient so one could argue Gero worked out whatever made the Androids dicks in the first place.

Which brings me to Cell. Cell was created years after #19 so it's fair to say that if Gero did eliminate that disobedient trait then Cell would obey him. But what really made me question this was Cell actually referred to Gero as "Master" when trying to persuade #18 to let him absorb her.

Anyway what's your opinion?

Galan007
#17 & #18 were disobedient because a.) they were partially human(cyborgs), and b.) they were infinite-energy models. Since more emphasis was placed on maxing-out their power, they didn't feel compelled to follow orders.

Conversely, #19 was obedient because a.) it was completely artificial--programmed/built entirely by Gero, and b.) it was a power-absorbing model. Since less emphasis was placed on its power, #19 was more docile and took orders without question.

That said, I'd group Cell in the same category as #17 & #18 in terms of self-thought or w/e. Not only was he was bio-organic, but FAR more emphasis was placed on increasing his power than any model before him... I could see him killing Gero just to prove that he doesn't take orders from anyone. /shrug

Bentley
Cell would obey him like a whipped dog.

Surtur
More then likely Cell would just laugh at Gero and then vaporize him.

juggerman
I just thought it was interesting that Cell called Gero "master".

Galan007
That was Imperfect Cell, no?

juggerman
Semi Perfect Cell. He was using #17's voice to trick #18. That "master" line is what let he know he was full of shit

Galan007
Pretty sure that was just a ploy to try and get #18 to willingly join with him. I don't think Cell actually thought of Gero as his master... Especially Perfect Cell. /shrug

juggerman
Makes sense it was just a ploy. Just found the wording interesting. I dunno if he invoked Gero any other time. I think he did but dunno for sure

Bentley
Unlike 18 or 17 Cell is not an idiot and he knows Gero is more intelligent than he is.

Admittedly, their egos could put their relationship in risk, but I don't think it'd be in character for Cell to purposedly kill Gero over nothing.

Time-Immemorial
Great threadlaughing out loud

Q99
Hah, heck no!

Mind you, 16 being too peaceful was a form of disobedience.

And Cell changes with every form he takes...

And Gero never really got proper overrides down, and Cell's a biological living being to begin with, one who wasn't even overly concerned with Gero's overriding mission- Note that he did not have the 'kill Goku' drive even to the extent of 17 and 18.

Even if he didn't kill Gero, I think that's just because he could find Gero useful. Manipulate him or threaten him into working for Cell, perhaps.

Time-Immemorial
I love the third polling optionlaughing out loud

Hands off to juggs, hilarious but interesting thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.