Does anyone else find Rumpelstiltskin from Once Upon a Time to be a complete jerk?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

C-3POTheClever

Jmanghan
Are you a girl? I cant imagine a self-respecting guy watching Once Upon a Time.

Surtur
He's played by Robert Carlyle, so it doesn't surprise me if he is a complete tool. The guy plays tools well. I never did actually get into this show, I preferred Grimm to be honest.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Jmanghan

NO, I'm a guy. I actually really like OUAT. I think it's very good.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Surtur
He's played by Robert Carlyle, so it doesn't surprise me if he is a complete tool. The guy plays tools well. I never did actually get into this show, I preferred Grimm to be honest.

What's Grimm about?

Surtur
A world inspired by the Brothers Grimm fairy tales. It's a cop who is a "grimm" someone who can see the true face of supernatural beings(he has other powers too).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimm_%28TV_series%29

cdtm

I know some Boomers who watch it.

They also watch Desperate Housewives and women's college basketball.

Boomers are weird.

Inhuman
I dont watch the show but isnt that "Rumpelstiltskin" thing? To be a jerk?
In his fairy tale (source material) he is the bad guy.

Him being a jerk shouldn't be surprising.

ares834

Says the guy who made a Eastenders thread...

laughing out loud

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ares834
Says the guy who made a Eastenders thread...

laughing out loud The show where there's someone getting punched every episode? More manly then OUAT.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Inhuman
I dont watch the show but isnt that "Rumpelstiltskin" thing? To be a jerk?
In his fairy tale (source material) he is the bad guy.

Him being a jerk shouldn't be surprising.

My problem isn't so much him being evil per say.

it's that the writers keep making you believe he's on his way to being a good guy. In one episode he even gave his life for his loved ones. And was later brought back only to continue down the evil path.

He feels genuin regret & guilt for his past mistakes, but never seems to learn from them. He just continues being evil. If he was just evil, I wouldn't have a problem, but it's that he keeps choosing evil despite what it's done to his loved ones.

C-3POTheClever
The show where there's someone getting punched every episode? More manly then OUAT.

Erm... There are loads of guys who like Disney Princess films like Beauty & the Beast, Tangled & Frozen. How is it that guys can like DP films & no-one bats an eye, but if they like OUAT it's considered weird? How exactly? There are even grown men who watch My Little Pony, but Once Upon a Time (a series with a dark twist on fairy tales) is going too far??? I mean, seriously??? How does that follow?

Surtur
People also think if you like a show it means you like every aspect. I like the Vampire Diaries, but not for the silly teen drama stuff. I enjoy some of the characters and the supernatural storyline.

Nemesis X

You say that now but in the next ten or so years when you finally hit puberty and all the zits have cleared up, you'll be that self-respecting man yourself watching something others would consider "unmanly" also.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Surtur
People also think if you like a show it means you like every aspect. I like the Vampire Diaries, but not for the silly teen drama stuff. I enjoy some of the characters and the supernatural storyline.

Exactly!

Nephthys
No shit, Rumpelstiltskin a jerk? Whaaa???

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nemesis X
You say that now but in the next ten or so years when you finally hit puberty and all the zits have cleared up, you'll be that self-respecting man yourself watching something others would consider "unmanly" also. And 10 years after that, puberty will still have eluded you, you'll be trying to figure out where the time went when you tried to defend a show that tries to make Disney movies realistic.

I have nothing against the thread-starter, I just can't imagine a full-grown man watching this show.

Nemesis X
And 10 years after that, puberty will still have eluded you, you'll be trying to figure out where the time went when you tried to defend a show that tries to make Disney movies realistic.

I have nothing against the thread-starter, I just can't imagine a full-grown man watching this show.

Nor can I imagine you getting past your insecurities anytime soon.

I watched the show. Every season! There is nothing in it that says a man can't watch. I'm beginning to suspect you haven't even seen it.

C-3POTheClever
And 10 years after that, puberty will still have eluded you, you'll be trying to figure out where the time went when you tried to defend a show that tries to make Disney movies realistic.

Filmmasteradam likes it and he's a well respected and popular film critic on YouTube.

C-3POTheClever

Do you think the same about men who watch My Little Pony? Because surely that's way more girly than OUAT. Do you think the same about guys who like Frozen? Or other Disney Princess films?
OUAT isn't that inappropriate for guys. It's not like I'm watching Twilight or something.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Nor can I imagine you getting past your insecurities anytime soon.

I watched the show. Every season! There is nothing in it that says a man can't watch. I'm beginning to suspect you haven't even seen it. Well, I have trouble getting into shows that my grandmother and sister get hyped up about when it comes on, while my guyfriends don't even know it exists.

Sorry for the insults btw, I know this is KMC, but they were uncalled for.

Nemesis X
Well, I have trouble getting into shows that my grandmother and sister get hyped up about when it comes on, while my guyfriends don't even know it exists.

Sorry for the insults btw, I know this is KMC, but they were uncalled for.

Your grandma and sis have good taste then IMO and nice comparing your cluster of friends to the rest of the world. If you actually watched it and you didn't like it, then fine. I can't argue what your personal preferences should be but don't go lumping the rest of us with your stereotypical beliefs. Thank you.

Jmanghan
I'm sorry for my sexist views on this show, guys.

I just tend to shy away from anything I see my sister watches, because shes into Talk Shows, Teen Mom, Twilight, and Jersey Shore.

Girly shit, its the same reason I never tried to get into American Horror Story and whenever she watched either of these shows, I'd make fun of the acting.

I can't really enjoy something unless the acting is superb and practically flawless and I tend to be into Niche stuff.

Anyway, no excuse for me acting like a douche, this is long overdue, sorry for my sexist remarks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.