Who can defeat the Manitowoc Police Department?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
If anyone here has seen the Netflix Documentary Making a Murderer, then you know that this is the absolute worse police department in the entire Northern Hemisphere...

Once someone is on their s**t list, then they will stop at absolutely nothing to bring you down to your knees and crush the soul out of your body...

Anyway, who would be the best street leveler not named Batman that could go in and put a permanent fix on the corruption that has infested the Manitowoc Police Department?

The character chosen is operating under the following stipulations though:

1) He/she/it cannot kill or seriously harm anyone within the Manitowoc Police Department...

2) He/she/it only has 1 week to accomplish the goal or ridding Manitowoc of corruption...

3) The character must be able to expose that corruption for the entire world to see...

So once again, what Street Leveler (other than Batman) is best suited to bring Manitowoc PD down to its knees?

zopzop
Madcap. Technically, he's a street leveler. smile

Unless you mean someone with absolutely NO powers. Then probably Punisher or Nightwing.

DarkSaint85
Seems perfect for Midnighter.....

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
Madcap. Technically, he's a street leveler. smile

Unless you mean someone with absolutely NO powers. Then probably Punisher or Nightwing.

Yeah, no superpowers...

I think Frank is likely to lose his cool and pop one of the cops though...

Nightwing is a good pick... thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Seems perfect for Midnighter.....

Midnighter seems to be a rock solid pick... thumb up

Although only if we are using a version of him that was just a normal man ability wise...

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Midnighter seems to be a rock solid pick... thumb up

Although only if we are using a version of him that was just a normal man ability wise...

Ah, so no abilities?

I just wanted Midnighter to mess them up...

But to root out corruption, and bring them down, from the tiers thread:

Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)
Misty Knight
Moon Knight
Robin
Black Widow
The Question

Could do it. The Question would be a solid pick, IMO. The detective skills to ferret out who is corrupt, and the MA skills to beat them down.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Ah, so no abilities?

I just wanted Midnighter to mess them up...

But to root out corruption, and bring them down, from the tiers thread:

Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)
Misty Knight
Moon Knight
Robin
Black Widow
The Question

Could do it. The Question would be a solid pick, IMO. The detective skills to ferret out who is corrupt, and the MA skills to beat them down.

thumb up

Surtur
I'm honestly not sure Punisher or Midnighter would be able to adhere to the "no killing" rule.

quanchi112
The documentary left details out. That police department does seem corrupt as hell but it isn't as cut and dry as the documentary suggested.

Surtur
The documentary obviously left details out, they only had so much time. On the other hand the parts where the cops were caught in outright lies were pretty spot on.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Surtur
The documentary obviously left details out, they only had so much time. On the other hand the parts where the cops were caught in outright lies were pretty spot on. I said they were corrupt. Reread my post. It was slanted a certain way, sport.

Surtur
You said they "seemed" corrupt, read your own posts. Right after you said they left details out. So it really makes it come across like you are suggesting they only seemed corrupt due to clever editing.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Surtur
You said they "seemed" corrupt, read your own posts. Right after you said they left details out. So it really makes it come across like you are suggesting they only seemed corrupt due to clever editing. Corrupt as hell. Just leave those words out. I said it isn't as cut and dry as the documentary seemed to suggest. The pin hole in the blood I have seen experts state that is like that all the time but the documentary suggested this was some new thing with regards to this case. Other shows have further went into detail to explain the circumstances.

Khazra Reborn
It was a good doc, but it definitely intended to make Avery look innocent, and left certain stuff out that made him look bad.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
The documentary left details out. That police department does seem corrupt as hell but it isn't as cut and dry as the documentary suggested.

Very true, it isnt as cut and dry as the documentary suggests, but IMHO even if it revealed all the other evidence against Avery (and I've researched it; some of it appears to be damning), there are still problems with the states argument that holes can be punched in...

For example, the key that was found in plain view days after the search began (and found by the county that he was suing for 36 million that wasnt even supposed to be there) had (according to the prosecution) Avery's dried sweat on it (which was not revealed in the documentary; the documentary mentions it had DNA on it, but wasnt specific)...

Here's the problem (other than the huge question of how a key laying in plain sight was missed for days and found all of a sudden by the one group that wasnt supposed to be there) , the only DNA evidence on the key was Avery's sweat...

Well Teresa owned that vehicle for years (and thus the vehicles key) and not one bit of her DNA was found on it...

No prints or blood from Avery was found on it...just dried sweat.

Add all of that up and the clear explanation is that the key was washed clean at some point before being found...while some how only retaining Avery's dried sweat.

To my (what I believe to rational) mind, that just doesnt add up at all; it seems off...it seems wrong....but thats just me.

I could keep going, but then this post would turn into a chapter out of a book...

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Very true, it isnt as cut and dry as the documentary suggests, but IMHO even if it revealed all the other evidence against Avery (and I've researched it; some of it appears to be damning), there are still problems with the states argument that holes can be punched in...

For example, the key that was found in plain view days after the search began (and found by the county that he was suing for 36 million that wasnt even supposed to be there) had (according to the prosecution) Avery's dried sweat on it (which was not revealed in the documentary; the documentary mentions it had DNA on it, but wasnt specific)...

Here's the problem (other than the huge question of how a key laying in plain sight was missed for days and found all of a sudden by the one group that wasnt supposed to be there) , the only DNA evidence on the key was Avery's sweat...

Well Teresa owned that vehicle for years (and thus the vehicles key) and not one bit of her DNA was found on it...

No prints or blood from Avery was found on it...just dried sweat.

Add all of that up and the clear explanation is that the key was washed clean at some point before being found...while some how only retaining Avery's dried sweat.

To my (what I believe to rational) mind, that just doesnt add up at all; it seems off...it seems wrong....but thats just me.

I could keep going, but then this post would turn into a chapter out of a book... I think they did plant evidence but he might have done it. After watching the documentary I was pissed off and still think those jackasses were scum but that he might have done it after listening to the dr. Phil show.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
I think they did plant evidence but he might have done it. After watching the documentary I was pissed off and still think those jackasses were scum but that he might have done it after listening to the dr. Phil show.

Yeah...I was kinda thinking that as well; he did call her with call block on several times prior to her death.

But man, if he did, he's got to be one of the greatest fools this world has ever seen; he was on the verge of quite possibly getting 36 million!

And to throw it all away for a little s3x with a chick that isnt even all that good looking is just incomprehensible; its so hard for me to imagine someone so dumb...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.