Einstien proved right after 100 years

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
He finally was proven right on gravitational waves.

They are real.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/11/us/gravitational-waves-feat/

ares834
Read about this the other day.

Seems a little flawed to just assume it's caused by gravitational waves, even if that is the most likely answer.

Raisen
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
He finally was proven right on gravitational waves.

They are real.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/11/us/gravitational-waves-feat/
the iqriquois talked about gravitational waves over 300 years ago; they just used a different name.

Fail

Q99
Does anyone else think it's totally boss that these gravitational waves were created by three suns worth of mass being converted into the waves?

Originally posted by ares834
Read about this the other day.

Seems a little flawed to just assume it's caused by gravitational waves, even if that is the most likely answer.

A mathematical formula on gravity predicted we'd get exactly these results in exactly these circumstances. When that circumstance happened, we got the exact predicted results in multiple detectors set up in spread-out locations.

It's an assumption akin to someone saying, "Hm, I predict this satellite will de-orbit in 2 months and land on exactly this spot," and marking it with an X.

Then the impact happening, and someone seeing the melted bit of metal on the X and going, "... it might not be the satellite."

There's coincidental, and then there's calling something precise a 100 years in advance.

If it's not gravity waves, it's something that matches the equations for gravity waves to such an incredible degree that I don't know what to call it but gravity waves.

ares834
Fair enough. I only read that the waves weren't in sync not that it matched their calculations.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Raisen
the iqriquois talked about gravitational waves over 300 years ago; they just used a different name.

Fail

What?

Anyway, I'd like to hear Astner's opinion on this.

Surtur

Fail

Did the Iqriquois ever tell their wives before marrying them "do not expect intimacy nor fidelity" like a pimp?

Raisen
Originally posted by Surtur
Did the Iqriquois ever tell their wives before marrying them "do not expect intimacy nor fidelity" like a pimp?

lol. strange statememnt. where is that from

Surtur
That is what Einstein said to his wife before marrying her..lol. It was a list of rules he presented.

Raisen
That is what Einstein said to his wife before marrying her..lol. It was a list of rules he presented.

well he sounds like scum

Surtur
Well I don't know, wouldn't it be scummier to hide these things from his wife? He told them exactly what they'd be getting into.

Raisen
Well I don't know, wouldn't it be scummier to hide these things from his wife? He told them exactly what they'd be getting into.

it's scummy character to wive someone knowing full well you can't or won' give that to them. stay single

Surtur
it's scummy character to wive someone knowing full well you can't or won' give that to them. stay single

Yeah, but what about the women? They weren't forced into it. For whatever reason it still appealed to them.

Raisen
Yeah, but what about the women? They weren't forced into it. For whatever reason it still appealed to them.

hey surtur. we can be friends but i will rape you daily and beat you.

Surtur
But if I say okay to that it is not rape is it?

Raisen
But if I say okay to that it is not rape is it?

just because you agree at first doesn't mean you will agree all the time. you can't make future promises for sex. consent is based on the particular time of the act.

this conversation got really weird

Surtur
Okay but this wasn't exactly saying he will rape you, just that he won't be faithful. Essentially the women consented to an open marriage.

Time-Immemorial
Hey you two homo's, back on topic.laughing out loud

Raisen
Okay but this wasn't exactly saying he will rape you, just that he won't be faithful. Essentially the women consented to an open marriage.

i'm mostly talking about not showing affection. it's proven that people need that

do you agree to our friendship of never ending rapes and beatings or not

Surtur
You haven't even bought me dinner yet. Not cool man.

Raisen
You haven't even bought me dinner yet. Not cool man.

high maintenance dude.

Stigma

Fail
Drunk Polish peasants talked about gravitational waves almost a 1000 years ago.

Fail.

Raisen
Originally posted by Stigma
Drunken Polish peasants talked about gravitational waves almost a 1000 years ago.

Fail.

Nomadic Hebrews talked about gravitational waves 2000 years ago.

Fail.

Stigma
Nomadic Hebrews talked about gravitational waves 2000 years ago.

Fail.

Leonidas and his 300 talked about gravitational waves 2500 years ago.

Fail.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.