Colossus vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
H2H

No weapons

Henry_Pym
DP version?

Thor tears him apart.

Raisen
thor no doubt

Time-Immemorial
DP version

Impediment
Thor hammers and rapes.

Time-Immemorial
No hammer god dammit!

Impediment
He hammers with his peenussss!!!!!

FrothByte
Won't be an easy match. Colossus *seems stronger and more durable. Thor wins due to better h2h skill and because Colossus was shown to get hurt with powerful enough blows. But Thor would definitely need to keep up his A game if he doesn't want to get thrown around a lot.

Adam Grimes
Colossus gets eaten.

Time-Immemorial
What makes this stomp? Colossus was a brick house. Thor does't have the absolute best H2H against other bricks.

Arachnid1
Thor tears him apart

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
Thor hammers and rapes.

via DP lol

FrothByte
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
What makes this stomp? Colossus was a brick house. Thor does't have the absolute best H2H against other bricks.

Have to agree with you here. Everyone keeps saying it's a stomp... why???
This fight could go either way. I'm giving a majority to Thor due to experience and fighting skills but he's definitely going to get banged up.

Time-Immemorial
100% agree

Kazenji
Yeah...i'm going with Colossus for this

Thor will most likely get bloody & Bruised hands.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, this is by no means a stomp for Thor. He has more experience and is likely more skilled in H2H, but he doesn't have much in the way of feats fighting without his hammer. And Colossus was a big bruiser (and quite a strong and tough one at that), but he wasn't that slow or unskilled himself. This would be a hard fight for Thor, but if he uses his skill and XP properly he should win a majority. People are under-rating Colossus though.

FrothByte
Thor has quite a number of feats fighting withut his hammer. He fought IM (who's armor had more durability feats than Colossus) and Hulk for some time without Mjolnir. He fought the whole SHIELD base without his hammer. He had a few h2h scenes in TDW.

If you want to include deleted scenes he fights off armed asgarfians in TDW and has a prolonged fight against Vision in AOU. In fact, he has more h2h feats than colossus.

Other than that, I agree with what you said.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
Thor has quite a number of feats fighting withut his hammer. He fought IM (who's armor had more durability feats than Colossus) and Hulk for some time without Mjolnir. He fought the whole SHIELD base without his hammer. He had a few h2h scenes in TDW.

Despite that, the moments we see are relatively brief. From those little bits we saw, I just never got the same sense that this is a guy who really excels at H2H, like Cap, Bucky or even Widow does. Compared to that, he has an enormous amount of feats fighting while relying predominantly on his hammer. So guess I mean comparatively little in the way of H2H feats, and none that really struck me as showing massive levels of H2H skill.

Put it this way, if you gave people like Widow, Cap or Bucky equal physical stats to Thor and asked me who I would pick in rounds against him in pure H2H, I would go with the other 3 every time.

If you want to include deleted scenes he fights off armed asgarfians in TDW and has a prolonged fight against Vision in AOU. In fact, he has more h2h feats than colossus.

Other than that, I agree with what you said.

Deleted scenes are a sticky slope, so I'd rather not use that as actual evidence. And while Colossus only has one actual fight, it's a pretty extended one, and then we also already get some degree of what he was capable of just based on the bridge scene.

But anyway, we both agree that Thor is by no means stomping him. Colossus displayed too much strength, durability, and enough skill of his own to make it a fight.

FrothByte
Cap and Widow use fancier moves for sure, doesn't make Thor any less competent a h2h fighter. Taking out SHIELD agents as easily as he did should give you an idea of how skilled he was, and that was him being a normal human which is more than what can be said for Cap. Yes, I consider Cap a better h2h fighter but Thor isn't too far behind either.

Here's a question. Back when Thor had lost all of his powers and broke in the SHIELD base, if he had fought BW h2h how would you have expected the fight to go? Actually don't answer that, I'll just make a thread.

TheVaultDweller
Thor wasn't exactly "normal", despite being depowered. He got hit by a van twice without sustaining any actual injury. Thor is also still larger and, even depowered, physically stronger and more durable than Widow.

golem370
Stronger yes but more durable is a toss I mean did get swatted by Hulk and then was able to go fight Barton

Placidity
Cap and Widow use fancier moves for sure, doesn't make Thor any less competent a h2h fighter.

What you dismiss as "fancy" is in reality, skill.

doesn't make Thor any less competent a h2h fighter.

Less skill means less competent, all other things equal.

Taking out SHIELD agents as easily as he did should give you an idea of how skilled he was, and that was him being a normal human which is more than what can be said for Cap. Yes, I consider Cap a better h2h fighter but Thor isn't too far behind either.

Here's a question. Back when Thor had lost all of his powers and broke in the SHIELD base, if he had fought BW h2h how would you have expected the fight to go? Actually don't answer that, I'll just make a thread.

Vault Dweller gives a good refutation on this.

You also didn't address his question - Equalize Cap/BW with Thor's strength/stats (or vice versa), and who would win in a H2H? This question ends any debate.

Silent Master
Thor wins a good fight.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Placidity
What you dismiss as "fancy" is in reality, skill.

Less skill means less competent, all other things equal.

Vault Dweller gives a good refutation on this.

You also didn't address his question - Equalize Cap/BW with Thor's strength/stats (or vice versa), and who would win in a H2H? This question ends any debate.

Any proper martial artists will tell you, fancy moves does not necessary equal greater skill. You can be the best fighter in the world and not know how to do a spinning heel kick. A great example of this is Winter Soldier. You don't see him doing much fancy stuff, yet he's easily able to match Captain America.

As for equalizing Cap and Thor's stats, you do realize that Cap's skill is a direct result of his super serum right? Considering that he was completely unskilled before hand. So if you make Thor human then give him the SS serum, not only will he have equal strength to Cap, he'll also have equal speed/agility/reflexes, plus whatever innate fighting skill the SS serum gives on top of Thor's already existing fighting skill. So yeah, all things equal means Thor still wins.

As for BW and Thor being equal, I already made another thread for that.

TheVaultDweller
Any proper martial artists will tell you, fancy moves does not necessary equal greater skill. You can be the best fighter in the world and not know how to do a spinning heel kick. A great example of this is Winter Soldier. You don't see him doing much fancy stuff, yet he's easily able to match Captain America.

Winter Soldier most definitely displays more advanced technique than Thor does. I don't understand why you are simply calling it "fancy". A lot of the moves you are labeling as just being "fancy" serve specific purposes. Many of the kinds of moves Cap, Widow etc. use are joint locks, submissions, different grapple techniques, counters etc. Thor displays decent reflexes and the ability to throw and block a punch, and some skill at physical grappling, but he never displays the array of H2H skills the others mentioned do. And I do have some experience in this area myself, considering I have done both more flashy martial arts, like Karate, and more basic, yet effective, styles, like Muay Thai.

I mean are you seriously telling me Widow jumping up and snapping two soldiers' necks simultaneously, while remaining in motion, and continuing on without breaking a beat afterwards, is nothing but "fancy"? Or something a depowered Thor could easily duplicate?"

As for equalizing Cap and Thor's stats, you do realize that Cap's skill is a direct result of his super serum right? Considering that he was completely unskilled before hand. So if you make Thor human then give him the SS serum, not only will he have equal strength to Cap, he'll also have equal speed/agility/reflexes, plus whatever innate fighting skill the SS serum gives on top of Thor's already existing fighting skill. So yeah, all things equal means Thor still wins.

When was it ever stated, or even implied, that any of the actual skill Cap displays came from the SS? It was heavily implied that he trained just as hard, if not harder, than any of the men who enlisted, but his physical limitations were what held him back. In fact, we see a noob Cap somewhat struggling with his enhanced abilities during his first outing as a super soldier (when he chases down that Hydra assassin across the city). He does things like misjudge his speed at one stage, barreling through a shop window. We also see him visibly display more skill, more knowledge of martial arts and different fighting techniques, more skill at gymnastics etc. as the films progress.

So if you want to claim the SS serum gave him actual skills, you are going to have to provide some real, concrete evidence for it. Because he most certainly did not go from frail wimp to fight-with-Ultron levels instantly.

As for BW and Thor being equal, I already made another thread for that.

Stats are not actually equal there. And unless you can make an argument for the agents Thor took out being more impressive than Hawkeye, you know what my opinion is.

Anyway, this is starting to get off track.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Winter Soldier most definitely displays more advanced technique than Thor does. I don't understand why you are simply calling it "fancy". A lot of the moves you are labeling as just being "fancy" serve specific purposes. Many of the kinds of moves Cap, Widow etc. use are joint locks, submissions, different grapple techniques, counters etc. Thor displays decent reflexes and the ability to throw and block a punch, and some skill at physical grappling, but he never displays the array of H2H skills the others mentioned do. And I do have some experience in this area myself, considering I have done both more flashy martial arts, like Karate, and more basic, yet effective, styles, like Muay Thai.

I mean are you seriously telling me Widow jumping up and snapping two soldiers' necks simultaneously, while remaining in motion, and continuing on without breaking a beat afterwards, is nothing but "fancy"? Or something a depowered Thor could easily duplicate?"

When was it ever stated, or even implied, that any of the actual skill Cap displays came from the SS? It was heavily implied that he trained just as hard, if not harder, than any of the men who enlisted, but his physical limitations were what held him back. In fact, we see a noob Cap somewhat struggling with his enhanced abilities during his first outing as a super soldier (when he chases down that Hydra assassin across the city). He does things like misjudge his speed at one stage, barreling through a shop window. We also see him visibly display more skill, more knowledge of martial arts and different fighting techniques, more skill at gymnastics etc. as the films progress.

So if you want to claim the SS serum gave him actual skills, you are going to have to provide some real, concrete evidence for it. Because he most certainly did not go from frail wimp to fight-with-Ultron levels instantly.

Stats are not actually equal there. And unless you can make an argument for the agents Thor took out being more impressive than Hawkeye, you know what my opinion is.

I don't mean to imply that Cap's and Widow's moves were just fancy without being effective. What I'm trying to say is, just because someone moves fancy doesn't necessarily mean they're more skilled in h2h. Maybe I should rephrase: I don't mean to say that Cap and BW are unskilled. I'm trying to say that just because Thor doesn't display fancy moves, doesn't mean he isn't skilled.

In any case, I'm too lazy to reply to your wall of text (yeah I know, I do it too) and I don't want to further derail this thread.

Let's just agree to disagree. We can continue the discussion on the BW vs. Thor thread I made.

TheVaultDweller
I don't mean to imply that Cap's and Widow's moves were just fancy without being effective. What I'm trying to say is, just because someone moves fancy doesn't necessarily mean they're more skilled in h2h. Maybe I should rephrase: I don't mean to say that Cap and BW are unskilled. I'm trying to say that just because Thor doesn't display fancy moves, doesn't mean he isn't skilled.

I never meant to imply that Thor is un-skilled. Far from it. The guy has been around for over a thousand years, and seemingly spends most of his time fighting, so by sheer rational deduction he would have developed some skill during that time. But, by feats, he doesn't has as expansive an H2H skillset as the others do. Which is why I said he most certainly is shown as knowing how to throw and duck a punch, and seems to have some grappling knowledge at least as well, but he hasn't been shown to have as extensive or advanced knowledge of submissions, joint locks, bone break techniques etc. like some others have.

But then why should he? He has one of the most powerful weapons in the MCU at his mental command, and he is damn good at using that. No one can argue that. This match would be considered a highly unusual scenario for him.

Arachnid1
People are arguing Thors hand to hand skill, but Colossus is being kind of left out. The dude is slow as hell, and that chick was beating his ass for a while. If it wasn't for his durability, he would have lost that fight. His durability allowed him to take everything she dished out while slowly chipping away at her one hit at a time.

Thor has better durability feats. He's taken hits from the Hulk, had a city blow up in his face, fell from the atmosphere much faster than his normal terminal velocity and hit the ground without a scratch, took a blast from a weapon that was disintegrating other asgardians without a scratch, and more.

Colossus took the blast from Negasonic Teenage Wardhead, which was his best feat.

He puts up a fight, but sooner or later, Thor takes him.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Arachnid1
People are arguing Thors hand to hand skill, but Colossus is being kind of left out. The dude is slow as hell, and that chick was beating his ass for a while. If it wasn't for his durability, he would have lost that fight. His durability allowed him to take everything she dished out while slowly chipping away at her one hit at a time.

Thor has better durability feats. He's taken hits from the Hulk, had a city blow up in his face, fell from the atmosphere much faster than his normal terminal velocity and hit the ground without a scratch, took a blast from a weapon that was disintegrating other asgardians without a scratch, and more.

Colossus took the blast from Negasonic Teenage Wardhead, which was his best feat.

He puts up a fight, but sooner or later, Thor takes him.

thumb up

Also, it probably wouldn't take very long for Thor to try and choke out Colossus either. But unlike Hulk, Colossus wouldn't be strong enough to get Thor off his back.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
thumb up

Also, it probably wouldn't take very long for Thor to try and choke out Colossus either. But unlike Hulk, Colossus wouldn't be strong enough to get Thor off his back.

To be fair, if Hulk didn't have a ceiling to smash into I don't know if he could have taken Thor off his back either.

quanchi112
Thor, easily.

carthage
Thor should win handily, with only Colossus's durability preventing him from being slaughtered

Thor was handily dodging objects thrown by hulk, and hit him hard enough to blast him through hangar doors/a massive plane.

Piotr is going to get beaten down

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.