CW Deathstroke vs. Ajax

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
*Slade has his Katana
*Ajax has his axes

Hand to hand/melee only

FrothByte
If Slade has mirakuru then he wins easily. Without mirakuru and Ajax wins though he works a bit for it.

Henry_Pym
Idk, those axes are alot more durable than an arrow head and Ajax has super strength, durability and damage soak.

Wasn't Ajax's admitted mutation super speed/reaction time? Did he ever show it off?

Time-Immemorial
I didn't get why he said he had high pain tolerance but didn't explain how he had any of his other powers.

FrothByte
Ajax's powerset is confusing. He mentions that he has heightened reflexes and an immunity to pain, but being immune to pain doesn't explain how he doesn't bleed to death or how he's still able to function despite the numerous critical injuries he has.

He also seems to have some degree of superstrength. And despite his heightened reflexes, he doesn't seem that much faster than DP.

Time-Immemorial
Do we even know what DP powers are besides advanced healing?

As far as Ajax, yea he was super strong and durable, but they didn't explain why.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
I didn't get why he said he had high pain tolerance but didn't explain how he had any of his other powers.

He was a mutant i believe, That guy at the start of the movie goes "****en mutants" after talking to him.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, Ajax's powers are defined as the dead nerve thing and enhanced reflexes. Yet the way he was knocking Wade around, and how he twisted that metal pole to pin Wade down in the burning facility, he very clearly also had enhanced strength. Also, as Froth pointed out, it doesn't explain how he kept on going through what should have been crippling, if not potentially fatal, injuries.

Deadpool himself displayed a degree of enhanced stats, beyond his healing. The way he was flipping and jumping around during the bridge scene, and the scene by the dock, showed enhanced speed/agility/acrobatics. And, while not shown as explicitly as Ajax, he seemed to have a degree of heightened strength. He tackles Ajax into a thick wooden beam hard enough to break it, kicks a guy into a car door so hard that the whole thing gets smashed off its hinge, was able to easily lift a guy above his head after impaling him with his swords, was knocking a few guys up in the air etc. when he was dealing with fodder, and also some of his hits during the final fight (in particular one kick that sent Ajax flying a good 20 feet) were pretty strong. I might be mis-remembering it, but didn't Deadpool also actually drive his one sword through the concrete railing of the bridge when he pinned it through Ajax after knocking him off his bike? I can't remember if he stuck it through the gap or the actual concrete. If it was the concrete, that's a decent strength feat. Honestly, he seemed to be close in strength to movie Logan. Above normal human, but nothing crazy. But it makes sense. In the comics he also has a degree of enhanced stats as a byproduct of his healing.

TheVaultDweller
Though it is somewhat of an outlier, Roy did actually get cut when a large piece of glass got stuck in his forearm during episode 10 of season 2. Felicity actually described mirakuru enhanced skin, based on what happened to Oliver's arrow, as being almost like concrete IIRC, so the glass cutting him is a bit of a low showing. But still, someone with enough strength and a durable enough weapon should be able to potentially do some damage.

TheVaultDweller
So I am curious, do people think Ajax's strength, coupled with one of those big sharp axes, can damage Slade's "concrete"-like skin? I personally see a Slade without Mirakuru going down solidly, with Ajax's enhanced strength, reflexes and superior damage soak giving him the win. But Mirakuru Slade VS Ajax depends heavily on whether Ajax is strong enough to even harm him.

FrothByte
I feel like Slade w/ Mirakuru will win over Ajax as easily as Ajax will win over Slade w/o Mirakuru.

TheVaultDweller
Well, I think Mirakuru Slade would more than likely beat Ajax, but the ease with which it happens to me depends on whether Ajax could in fact even cut Slade. Because if he can't, Slade would wreck him hard. But if he can in fact hit hard enough with those axes to pierce his skin, Slade might have to work for it a bit. Simply stabbing him, even multiple times, probably won't actually put him down properly. And Slade would have to contend with duel axes that could in fact do damage if they hit. So he'd have a harder time pulling off the victory.

So I guess my real question is whether Ajax displayed enough striking power to suggest he could achieve the feat, because it kind of extends to another question of what it would actually take to seriously hurt Slade. I obviously don't mean getting punched at full strength by Superman or something. More like opponents in his own weight class.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.