Episode VIII Spoiler/Speculation Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NewLanceWindu
We'll kick things off with this announcement video on the start of production for VIII.

GQQMLE4FuIQ

Does this mean the first scene will be the continuation of the final scene in TFA? Or will they still have the traditional opening scene set in space?

------------------------------------

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-viii-now-filming

We also have some cast confirmations in this post on StarWars.com

queeq
Oh cool!

No, I don't think they will change it. Who knows what stuff we'll get here. I think they cleverly used some shots from TFA. I expect a little jump in time.

NewLanceWindu
Originally posted by queeq
Oh cool!

No, I don't think they will change it. Who knows what stuff we'll get here. I think they cleverly used some shots from TFA. I expect a little jump in time.

In my mind I see them opening with a space shot, maybe Hux/Ren/Phasma arriving at Snoke's hideout (space scene). Transition to the continuation of TFA's final shot before having a little training montage with Rey and Luke which gives them a plausible time jump as well.

queeq
That would make a lot of sense. It seems they did go back to the OT style: first show what the baddies are up to and then show where the heroes are at.

The PT would have profited greatly form that approach...

I just hope they don't build yet another Death Star... wink

Beniboybling
Someone's going to lose a hand though. smile

JediRobin23
Wow, the music seemed non Star Wars like though.

queeq
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Someone's going to lose a hand though. smile

Oh gawd, I hope not... wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.