Current Superman runs the Annihilation storyline...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Current Superman replaces the Silver Surfer and goes through the Annihilation storyline and faces all of the challenges that Surfer did...

At what point in the story does Current Superman fall, or does he clear the storyline?

carver9
He falls in the first battle against Tenebrous and Aegis. Gets decimated.

riv6672
Agreed. Superman gets stomped easily here.

Supermex
Yea i agree

Just that his power-set is not right for that story

abhilegend

abhilegend
Superman pushes them into the crunch while they are distracted and doesn't needs to get revived by Galactus.

In other words, clears.

Supermex
laughing out loud

abhilegend
Originally posted by Supermex
laughing out loud
Anything funny?

riv6672
Your claim, i'd assume.

Khazra Reborn
Didn't Surfer have to actually somehow wield the energies of the crunch, not just push them into it? Superman can't really do that, so he stops st T&A.

The rest of it though, he should be able to pull off without a ton of difficulty.

celeyhyga17
Doesn't have the power set.

riv6672
^^^simple as that.

quanchi112
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Doesn't have the power set. thumb up

Superman ain't no Silver Surfer.

SquallX
Originally posted by quanchi112
thumb up

Superman ain't no Silver Surfer.

You're right, he's better.

Surtur
Originally posted by SquallX
You're right, he's better.

You're right he will be better at losing to Tenebrous and Aegis.

ghostman
superman absorbs the crunch and sings them out of existence.
/thread

Surtur
Originally posted by ghostman
/thread

Cool story, tell us more. What song will he sing them out of existence with?

burrrrrr
Originally posted by ghostman
/thread

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/ohburrrrrr/50131798_zps9sa73z3m.jpg

Fiendish
This doesn't seem fair. How's Superman supposed to replicate Thanos's power so as to release Galactus in Annihilation #5.

Galan007
Originally posted by carver9
He falls in the first battle against Tenebrous and Aegis. Gets decimated. Just like Surfer, you mean? That also wasn't the first battle, btw. wink

Anyway, the only battle feat of Surfer's(from Annihilation) that Superman couldn't replicate is manipulation of the Crunch-energies.

carver9
Originally posted by Galan007
Just like Surfer, you mean? Also, that wasn't the first battle.

Anyway, the only battle feat of Surfer's that Superman couldn't replicate is manipulation of the Crunch-energies.

He would do worst than Surfer.

Also, Surfer had to create a black hole during annihilation. Superman ain't clearing this or coming close to it

Galan007
^ He did not *have* to create a black hole. That was a side-effect of the energy he released against Ravenous. If you don't think Superman can beat Ravenous, then we'll just stop here. smile

abhilegend
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Didn't Surfer have to actually somehow wield the energies of the crunch, not just push them into it? Superman can't really do that, so he stops st T&A.

The rest of it though, he should be able to pull off without a ton of difficulty.
No, he channeled it through his body and essentially created a tsunami.

Creating a tsunami is well within his capabilities.

quanchi112
You're right, he's better. Superman lacks the power cosmic. He is just a Knian. Zod has beaten his ass before. It's just a common power set.

carver9
^ He did not *have* to create a black hole. That was a side-effect of the energy he released against Ravenous. If you don't think Superman can beat Ravenous, then we'll just stop here. smile

He will "probably" beat Ravenous but it will not be close to the way Surfer did it.

abhilegend
Probably? He would beat the shit out of Ravenous after killing the currs. Even Xenith beat the shit out of him in that state.

Heck, even with currs a weakened Firelord fought him to double KO.

Galan007
Obviously Superman wouldn't win the same way Surfer did, lol. He'd just beat the christ out of Ravenous via fisticuffs+HV. thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Probably? He would beat the shit out of Ravenous after killing the currs. Even Xenith beat the shit out of him in that state.

Heck, even with currs a weakened Firelord fought him to double KO. Based on ?

SquallX
Originally posted by quanchi112
Superman lacks the power cosmic. He is just a Knian. Zod has beaten his ass before. It's just a common power set.

You do know Zod's a Kryptonian too right?

quanchi112
You do know Zod's a Kryptonian too right? Yes, hence my point.

Fiendish
Surfer actually created the black hole after the fight with Ravenous, he made it inside of Air-Walker's body to keep Annihilus's forces from getting his portion of the Power Cosmic.

i.imgur.com/UjSD5kJ.jpg
i.imgur.com/n6kQ5iE.jpg
i.imgur.com/yE5UTDd.jpg

krisblaze
The black hole was created to honor air walked/remove any trace of his corpse.

It didn't add anything to the annihilation storyline's forward momentum.

That said, it's not something that Superman can do, I think.

Diesldude
Superman doesn't need power cosmic. He's just gonna punch the bees wax out of everyone and or cut them in half.

Surtur
Anyway, the only battle feat of Surfer's(from Annihilation) that Superman couldn't replicate is manipulation of the Crunch-energies.

But wasn't the whole manipulation of those energies the entire reason Surfer was able to survive against those cosmics? So isn't it a pretty big problem if Superman can't do it?

Surtur
Originally posted by Diesldude
Superman doesn't need power cosmic. He's just gonna punch the bees wax out of everyone and or cut them in half.

Does current Superman carry around a sword or something? Also wait who exactly are you referring to when you say he cuts them in half. Surely..surely not Tenebrous and Aegis?

Galan007
Originally posted by Surtur
But wasn't the whole manipulation of those energies the entire reason Surfer was able to survive against those cosmics? So isn't it a pretty big problem if Superman can't do it? Agreed. thumb up

psycho gundam
^ InfidEL!

AlmightyKfish
Also the first fight against Tenebrous and Aegis (where Surfer and Galactus get captured) wasn't even near the crunch so Superman wouldn't have access to it or whatnot.

But yeah Tenebrous and Aegis are not an obstacle Superman can pass.

Genii96
Ah,a scan of surfer creating a singularity in someone's body,I knew that was there somewhere

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.