Martian Manhunter vs. Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Facee
No bfr, standard versions.

StiltmanFTW
Magog loses

Supermex
I wanna know why they made M.Manhunter into a real puss in Supergirl tv show

StiltmanFTW
Well, that's how the character is written 100% of the time, Supersex...

He's called Martian Manjobber on the Internet for a reason.

riv6672
Martian Manhunter stomps.

Surtur
There was a time..back in the far away lands, when J'onn actually wasn't just a jobber, but an actual powerhouse at times. But then things changed..somethings that never should of been forgotten..faded away, and none now live who can tell the tale.

riv6672
^^^sooo, yeah. Martian Manhunter stomps.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Surtur
There was a time..back in the far away lands, when J'onn actually wasn't just a jobber, but an actual powerhouse at times. But then things changed..somethings that never should of been forgotten..faded away, and none now live who can tell the tale. When was he not a "jobber"?

And he is a powerhouse. Problem is he's one of the few characters in comics with a realistic look on strength vs durability. Ie, strength doesn't mean you can take what you put out. Martian Manhunter is the comic version of Bob Sapp.

riv6672
So in this case Loki is Kensuke Sasaki!

One Big Mob
He's more like Cro Cop in that he's going to break MM's face with a punch while MM does a cryfall

quanchi112
Loki wins.

riv6672
MM wins.

ShadowFyre
Shouldnt MM straight up beat the shit out of Loki? Or has he finally jobbed down to street leveller?

MM 8/10 in no prep

Loki 8/10 w'prep

Raisen
i voted mm too.

Martian_mind
J'onn takes this.

Not even a fight.

Shit, he laughs at Loki, and kicks the shit out of the rest of Asgard for good measure.

I'm 100% serious BTW.

Raisen
Originally posted by Martian_mind
J'onn takes this.

Not even a fight.

Shit, he laughs at Loki, and kicks the shit out of the rest of Asgard for good measure.

I'm 100% serious BTW.

lol. you are ghostman

riv6672
Manhunter's too much.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Shouldnt MM straight up beat the shit out of Loki? Or has he finally jobbed down to street leveller?

MM 8/10 in no prep

Loki 8/10 w'prep Loki can hirt him with fire and magic, he just wont have much time. And all of Asgard? No, that would include things like the Destroyer.

Surtur
Originally posted by One Big Mob
When was he not a "jobber"?

And he is a powerhouse. Problem is he's one of the few characters in comics with a realistic look on strength vs durability. Ie, strength doesn't mean you can take what you put out. Martian Manhunter is the comic version of Bob Sapp.

He trolled Aquaman. He also beat the shit out of Ultra man, though it was said the guy was weakened. He's also beat the shit out of multiple white martians all at the same time. His mental feat with Maggedon didn't seem too jobber-like.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Martian_mind
J'onn takes this.

Not even a fight.

I'm 100% serious BTW.

He got destroyed by Superboy, humiliated by Star-Girl, got his face bashed in by Midnighter.

Nu Manhunter is a joke, a jobber supreme...

Philosophía
Martian Manhunter is the comic version of Bob Sapp. I laughed.

One Big Mob
He trolled Aquaman. He also beat the shit out of Ultra man, though it was said the guy was weakened. He's also beat the shit out of multiple white martians all at the same time. His mental feat with Maggedon didn't seem too jobber-like. And that's all largely due to his strength besides the Waterman fight.

Martian Manhunter has the capabilities to beat anyone in his tier. The issue is, he also has the capabilities to lose to anyone in his tier too.

I wouldn't bat an eye if he just smashed the shit out of Superman for instance. But I would bat an eye if he was tanking punches from Superman. Because he's a *****. This shit isn't all about offense. Superman would have been dead hundreds of times over if he had MM's durability. But he isn't, and that's because his durability caught up to his strength.

Superman can take Superman level punches. Martian Manhunter can't take Martian Manhunter level punches. Is that jobbing, or is that just who he is? And that's pretty much always been the case so if it's jobbing, he's been working that job for a lifetime.

abhilegend
Even while dissing J'onn, bran is compelled to diss Superman.

laughing out loud

One Big Mob
Originally posted by abhilegend
Even while dissing J'onn, bran is compelled to diss Superman.

laughing out loud How am I dissing Superman at all?

I don't get you sometimes.

abhilegend

One Big Mob
Ouch. What a sick diss

riv6672
Thats not a diss, thats realizing Superman isnt invincible. Thats being realistic.

abhilegend
Ouch. What a sick diss
laughing out loud

You think J'onn is actually stronger than Superman but it's not a diss?

Surtur
And that's all largely due to his strength besides the Waterman fight.

Martian Manhunter has the capabilities to beat anyone in his tier. The issue is, he also has the capabilities to lose to anyone in his tier too.

I wouldn't bat an eye if he just smashed the shit out of Superman for instance. But I would bat an eye if he was tanking punches from Superman. Because he's a *****. This shit isn't all about offense. Superman would have been dead hundreds of times over if he had MM's durability. But he isn't, and that's because his durability caught up to his strength.

Superman can take Superman level punches. Martian Manhunter can't take Martian Manhunter level punches. Is that jobbing, or is that just who he is? And that's pretty much always been the case so if it's jobbing, he's been working that job for a lifetime.

But J'onns durability does seem to vary though, he has taken shots from class 100's like Superman. He's also a shapeshifter, and this is important because it's not just about changing shape, he's used it to actually harden his skin..making him even more durable.

As for Superman, remember Superman had to exploit the fire weakness in order to defeat a single white martian. Which was a funny scene, because he told the guy he wouldn't use his heat vision out of "fairness" and then he pretty much immediately flew the guy into a volcano.

But J'onn is like the swiss army knife of super heroes. Sometimes he jobs, sometimes he doesn't. It all depends on if the writer remembers the guy is essentially supposed to be Superman, but with a shitload of additional powers.

Also didn't we see what a martian who lacks a fire weakness and is cutting loose could do? Talking about Fernus.

One Big Mob
laughing out loud

You think J'onn is actually stronger than Superman but it's not a diss? Where the **** did I say that?

Me not being surprised if MM was written to beat Superman in a comic doesn't equal whatever rabbit hole you want to enter. Capabilities doesn't mean stronger than Superman.

But J'onns durability does seem to vary though, he has taken shots from class 100's like Superman. He's also a shapeshifter, and this is important because it's not just about changing shape, he's used it to actually harden his skin..making him even more durable.

As for Superman, remember Superman had to exploit the fire weakness in order to defeat a single white martian. Which was a funny scene, because he told the guy he wouldn't use his heat vision out of "fairness" and then he pretty much immediately flew the guy into a volcano.

But J'onn is like the swiss army knife of super heroes. Sometimes he jobs, sometimes he doesn't. It all depends on if the writer remembers the guy is essentially supposed to be Superman, but with a shitload of additional powers.

Also didn't we see what a martian who lacks a fire weakness and is cutting loose could do? Talking about Fernus. I agree his shapeshifting should help, but it doesn't.

And then we never saw a Fernus level martian again.

MM has a lot of powers, yes, and not using them could be seen as a sign of jobbing, but at the end of the day most of his losses are simply from being too glassy to take them. And both not using powers and being glass have been mainstays of his career.

riv6672
Where the **** did I say that?

Me not being surprised if MM was written to beat Superman in a comic doesn't equal whatever rabbit hole you want to enter. Capabilities doesn't mean stronger than Superman.
Its amazing isnt it?

MM has a lot of powers, yes, and not using them could be seen as a sign of jobbing, but at the end of the day most of his losses are simply from being too glassy to take them. And both not using powers and being glass have been mainstays of his career.
Thats really well put. I may use that in the future, thank you.

quanchi112
Ouch. What a sick diss laughing out loud

abhilegend
Where the **** did I say that?

Smashing someone is done by anything other than strength?

quanchi112
Smashing someone is done by anything other than strength? Formidability doesn't equate to superior strength. I'll translate since you didn't grasp his point.

One Big Mob
Smashing someone is done by anything other than strength? You'd think you'd have given up when it was nigh but confirmed that I in no way think MM is stronger than Superman.

You made something up in your mind and thought I said something I didn't. As Carver once said to Hulk, Let it go.
Originally posted by quanchi112
Formidability doesn't equate to superior strength. I'll translate since you didn't grasp his point. That too

Zack M
MM.

zopzop
Martian Manhunter is the comic version of Bob Sapp.
laughing That dude was too big for his own good. He got winded way too easily. All that muscle don't help in MMA.

As to the thread, Loki wins.

riv6672
How has MM fared against magic users in the past, anyone know?
I have his old series in mothballs, but i cant recall anything specific.

deathslash
You'd think you'd have given up when it was nigh but confirmed that I in no way think MM is stronger than Superman.

You made something up in your mind and thought I said something I didn't. As Carver once said to Hulk, Let it go.
That too you've committed the ultimate crime. You brought up superman losing to anyone other than superman (as an example) in the presence of abhi. Your punishment will be five pages of arguing semantics with a superman fan boy. Your suffering shall be long and excruciating for this most heinous crime. I pray that you learn the error of your ways.

Delta1938
Originally posted by riv6672
How has MM fared against magic users in the past, anyone know?
I have his old series in mothballs, but i cant recall anything specific.

I assume it's Post-FLASHPOINT J'onn in the OP, but might as well reply.

I don't recall any examples from his longest running series either. The only times I can think of are Queen Of Fables, Disciple, and the "Scary Monsters." And he didn't do very well in any of them. Granted they were touted as "end of the world" threats, the JLA in general were having trouble, or both, but it sure doesn't help his case here.

StiltmanFTW
Smashing someone is done by anything other than strength?

Dick technique

riv6672
Originally posted by Delta1938
I assume it's Post-FLASHPOINT J'onn in the OP, but might as well reply.

I don't recall any examples from his longest running series either. The only times I can think of are Queen Of Fables, Disciple, and the "Scary Monsters." And he didn't do very well in any of them. Granted they were touted as "end of the world" threats, the JLA in general were having trouble, or both, but it sure doesn't help his case here.
Cool, thanks.

krisblaze
Good fight.

Loki's too smart.

riv6672
^^^Interesting reasoning. Not just a question of power, then.

Delta1938
Cool, thanks.

You're welcome. I do know he got Captain Marvel free from Gray Man's control (and he was powerful enough to have Cap as well as Doctor Fate helpless unless I forgot anything), but he did it by bolstering Billy's mind. So not sure how well it applies to mages in general. He did it while simultaneously fighting Cap hand-to-hand for what it's worth.

riv6672
Another Giffen JL story? Sweet, we've started a trend!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/93/a5/75/93a57535dde317e06aa356474410f172.jpg

Delta1938
Another Giffen JL story? Sweet, we've started a trend!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/93/a5/75/93a57535dde317e06aa356474410f172.jpg

Why do I feel I started a new fad for you?

riv6672
An old one, really. I am a huge fan if that series.

abhilegend
You'd think you'd have given up when it was nigh but confirmed that I in no way think MM is stronger than Superman.

You know I was only making fun of you for suggesting J'onn can smash Superman as a point to diss J'onn.

LMAO. You're so easy.

quanchi112
You know I was only making fun of you for suggesting J'onn can smash Superman as a point to diss J'onn.

LMAO. You're so easy. Is this supposed to make sense ?

One Big Mob

LMAO. You're so easy. You're such an idiot.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by quanchi112
Is this supposed to make sense ? Guy's backtracking because he misread something completely unimportant to anything.

He's getting worse.

StiltmanFTW
Btw, I had no idea abhi was a Flash fan...?

One Big Mob
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Btw, I had no idea abhi was a Flash fan...? DC. If it can be attributed to Superman in any way that looks good, he's a fan.

It's the whole reason Carver's a Wonder Woman fan and why Abhi dislikes her.

abhilegend
You're such an idiot.
laughing out loud

Such a witty remark. Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Btw, I had no idea abhi was a Flash fan...?
I was always a flash fan. Originally posted by One Big Mob
DC. If it can be attributed to Superman in any way that looks good, he's a fan.

It's the whole reason Carver's a Wonder Woman fan and why Abhi dislikes her. Originally posted by One Big Mob
You're such an idiot.

deathslash
Damn abhi. What's with that nice new flash sig and avi?

Delta1938
An old one, really. I am a huge fan if that series.

It was, really 80's.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Such a witty remark.
I was always a flash fan.
thumb up

I was always thinking to have a flash sig. OAS makes such brilliant sigs.

One_Angry_Scot
thumb up

I was always thinking to have a flash sig. OAS makes such brilliant sigs.

Thanks mate.

"Id"
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Thanks mate.
Thanks again for the set.

P.S. Loki would win.

krisblaze
If you guys need to bring superman into every thread, then we might as well discuss Abhi's excellent fan fiction.

Philosophía
I thought "tall, strongly built man staring at him with piercing blue eyes" would lead to them having sex.

I guess I'm used to Bran's fan-fiction.

All jokes aside, I see nothing bad there for a dude who is not writing for a living.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by krisblaze
If you guys need to bring superman into every thread, then we might as well discuss Abhi's excellent fan fiction. Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/jamar1_zpsofas9kya.gif

abhilegend
If you guys need to bring superman into every thread, then we might as well discuss Abhi's excellent fan fiction.
That's not me.

srug

quanchi112
That's not me.

srug Yes, it is. Everyone on every board says as much to boot.

ghostman

lmaoooooooooo i found this months ago but didnt want to say anything, showing your writing is like letting people see your ass abhi you gotta take that down before one of the more ruthless posters catches wind of this

ghostman
That's not me.

srug

it has your old avy.......... and your name.......and its a superman story.....................

http://amarudontv.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/ed-lover-cmonson-300x224.jpg

Vanguard
Loki....good fight

riv6672
Originally posted by Delta1938
It was, really 80's.
The first storyline had them fighting Rocket Reds at the height of the cold war, with Guy singing God Bless America...laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.