Avengers vs Brotherhood of Mutants

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solid47
Avengers from AoU.

VS

Brotherhood of Mutants from X3.

Both sides have 4 days of preparation for the battle.

Natasha and Hawkeye are allowed to use special non-metal bullets and arrows containing the cure.

They starts half a mile from each other.

Which side wins and why?

FrothByte
Remind me again who was in the Brotherhood?

TheVaultDweller
It was Magneto, Pyro, Juggernaut, Mystique (though she gets depowered halfway through), Callisto, Arclight, and then a small army of fodder with various relatively low level abilities. I am not sure whether Jean Grey counts, considering she joins Magneto's side after killing Xavier.

FrothByte
I'll assume Jean is not included unless specified by OP. I'll also assume that the teams have basic knowledge of each other.

That said, giving the teams 4 days of prep puts this solidly in the Avengers' favor. The Avengers have Tony, Steve and Banner to plan for fight. The Brotherhood has... Magneto?

All the Avengers need to do is make sure no one wears anything metal. So make sure BW and Hawkeye use plastic or carbon fiber guns and bows. Make IM a carbon fiber suit, or maybe Tony can figure out a way to de-magnetize his armor. Make Cap leave his shield. Might even leave Vision. Tell Thor not to wear armor (though Mjolnir should be powerful enough to resist Magneto's powers).

Then on the battle itself that starts half a mile apart, just get Thor to spam the Brotherhood with lightning. Even if Magneto surrounds them with metal barriers they will probably still fry. That only leaves Juggs standing and he has to face the entire Avengers team.

Now if it was just a random encounter, things will be a lot more interesting.

ShadowFyre
I agree prep pretty much hands the Avengers the win due to entire team being either genius, assasin,spies,supersoldiers and thousand year old war gods.

But Mags...Juggs is useless. Either Thor, Hulk and maybe even Vision could bfr his ass in one hit. Hell, Iron Man has better strength feats than juggs.

Im about to make a mags gauntlet because I think he can decimate the team if they arent careful. He will drop a damn bridge or city block on their heads and it will be goodnight for majority of team.

TheVaultDweller
I actually forgot Multiple Man earlier, but I have a hard time seeing him make any real difference.

TheVaultDweller
Also, don't think demagnetizing Tony's suit would make a difference. Movie Magneto's powers aren't quite like his comic powers, despite the name. His powers are described in both X3 and DoFP as "control over metal", not magnetism. And he has displayed control over all kinds of different metals in the past as well.

ShadowFyre
Mags is a beast though...hmmm. Im still going with Avengers, Its pretty much gonna end up Mags and Juggs vs. Hulk, Thor, and Vision. Mags takes to long to pick up heavy objects. Plus the mind stone and Mjolnir and Avengers win. Juggs was kind of a dissapointment.

FrothByte
Yeah, problem with Magneto is he's uber powerful but he's also quite slow with around normal human durability. Quicksilver can just run over and clock Mags before he gets any decent attack going.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.