Spawn Reboot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jesus McBurger
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/What-Expect-From-Spawn-Movie-According-Todd-McFarlane-112567.html
I hope this is not B.S.

Jesus McBurger
http://comicbook.com/2016/02/14/exclusive-next-spawn-movie-will-not-be-superhero-or-action-film-/

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Jesus McBurger
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/What-Expect-From-Spawn-Movie-According-Todd-McFarlane-112567.html
I hope this is not B.S.

Originally posted by Jesus McBurger
http://comicbook.com/2016/02/14/exclusive-next-spawn-movie-will-not-be-superhero-or-action-film-/

interesting, however I am generally excited... hope a good actor is cast as Al Simmons/Spawn

Robtard
Idris Elba

Flyattractor
I wonder hwo they will get around the Al looking like a burnt hot dog so the actor can get in plenty of face time?

Estacado
Originally posted by Robtard
Idris Elba
thumb up
He would be a pretty decent Al.

BruceSkywalker
Idris Elba

right on

Patient_Leech
Oh, cool. Yeah, I saw his announcement the other day that he finished the script and just needs to cut it down a bit. But I didn't get much detail besides that. I didn't realize he wants to direct it. Interesting.

steverules_2
I shall be playing the role of Spawn...even though I'm white...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by steverules_2

I thought you were british big grin big grin big grin

Arachnid1
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/haderdance.gif

tkitna
I wonder how much interest there is in Spawn now days.

Kazenji
Originally posted by tkitna

The comic is still going & Al Simmon's is back

as for this news

only thing i'm not sure about is Todd McFarlane directing it, Giving me too many warning signals from when Frank Miller gave that job a go.

Khazra Reborn
Todd has been saying this shit for 15 years, if he actually delivered on anything he said, we'd have 5 Spawn films, and three animated series.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Kazenji

only thing i'm not sure about is Todd McFarlane directing it, Giving me too many warning signals from when Frank Miller gave that job a go.

True.
Tod sucked at writing...kinda didn't know when to stop introducing new characters to the series & focus on the storyline.
I haven't picked up a Spawn comic in years nor hear much about McFarlane himself so I really don't know what his skills of directing stems from?

quanchi112
Idris Elba Iirc he will playing in the dark tower Stephen King film to be released in two years for Sony. I doubt he will be available.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
True.
Tod sucked at writing...kinda didn't know when to stop introducing new characters to the series & focus on the storyline.
I haven't picked up a Spawn comic in years nor hear much about McFarlane himself so I really don't know what his skills of directing stems from?

The last Spawn comic i got was Spawn Resurrection #1 one shot, Where they brought back Al Simmon's.

steverules_2
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I thought you were british big grin big grin big grin

Yeah I'm that too, I'm extremely pasty

jinXed by JaNx
Idris Elba

kevin hart mad

BruceSkywalker
Yeah I'm that too, I'm extremely pasty

lol

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
kevin hart mad

Ice cube or Ice T lol

As for the film I am hoping it is extremely violent

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Ice cube or Ice T lol

Mr. T! I pity da fool

Kazenji
McFarlane's vision for the new movie

Patient_Leech
He makes it sound very ethereal. I don't know what to expect.

Sounds interesting, but also sounds like it might be too experimental for a mass audience.

cdtm

That could actually work, considering his powers only let him turn into a white guy. stick out tongue

Kazenji
Originally posted by cdtm
That could actually work, considering his powers only let him turn into a white guy. stick out tongue

Is this with Al Simmons Spawn?

roughrider
Originally posted by tkitna

I remember in 1997, McFarlane & Spawn had the field all to themselves. DC & Warners just crashed and burned with Batman & Robin, and Marvel was still straightening out their entertainment division (plus the screen rights to Spider Man were still being squabbled over in court.) McFarlane was crowing about how he and his friends got to make Spawn their way, with no studio interference.

And the results were just...meh.

http://thumbnails116.imagebam.com/50516/c4e977505158261.jpg

19 years later, McFarlane still hasn't followed up! Talk about squandering your advantage.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by roughrider
I remember in 1997, McFarlane & Spawn had the field all to themselves. DC & Warners just crashed and burned with Batman & Robin, and Marvel was still straightening out their entertainment division (plus the screen rights to Spider Man were still being squabbled over in court.) McFarlane was crowing about how he and his friends got to make Spawn their way, with no studio interference.

And the results were just...meh.

Aside from some dated and badly designed CGI, Spawn is actually pretty entertaining.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Aside from some dated and badly designed CGI, Spawn is actually pretty entertaining.

Spawn's (cgi) cape having a life of it's own was something I always wished they'd do with Bats' cape, giving it a "life of it's own."

Bats appearing on screen with a billowing cape behind him would be so much more dramatic...demonic to criminals.

0mega Spawn
Idris Elba
Hell no im tired of seeing him like hes the only black dude is Hollywood or something...

marwash22
I heard mcfarlane describing this on "geeking out" and it doesnt sound good.

He also said he had an oscar winner or nominee on board... Could be jamie foxx.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
Hell no im tired of seeing him like hes the only black dude is Hollywood or something...

But he just has such an awesome presence as an actor. Seems like he'd be great for Spawn.

cdtm
Is this with Al Simmons Spawn?

In the comic, yes. He tried using his magic to look human for his wife, and kept changing into a blonde haired, blue eyed white guy.

Surtur
Originally posted by cdtm
In the comic, yes. He tried using his magic to look human for his wife, and kept changing into a blonde haired, blue eyed white guy.

Yes I'm sure that change was an "accident".

cdtm
Originally posted by Surtur
Yes I'm sure that change was an "accident".

No, it was Malebolgia messing with him, probably to make him waste magic.

Kazenji
Another update from McFarlane

http://comicbook.com/2016/12/02/todd-mcfarlane-on-the-status-of-the-spawn-movie/

Patient_Leech

Everyone's dreams were haunted forever...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/b1/ee/44/b1ee44a186960e298a1d05e8c523646e.jpg

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

Everyone's dreams were haunted forever...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/b1/ee/44/b1ee44a186960e298a1d05e8c523646e.jpg

Leech, I need to make a t-shirt with this image hahaha.

Heard the Jamie Foxx and the movie being a hard R a couple years back. We'll see if it gets going for real.

As for Spawn, Eriq La Salle FTW.

Ascendancy
How has La Salle aged? I haven't seen him in anything in a long while aside from one-episode guest spots.

Don't knock Leguizamo, his clown was amazeballs. One guy who I think rarely gets much credit for how good he is as an actor.

kev_apollo
Originally posted by Ascendancy
How has La Salle aged? I haven't seen him in anything in a long while aside from one-episode guest spots.

Don't knock Leguizamo, his clown was amazeballs. One guy who I think rarely gets much credit for how good he is as an actor.

THIS!

Leguizamo is one of the greatest working actors today. Check out his one man shows Sexaholics and Freak. He jumps through over 20 different characters in an instant.

I can't believe those shows were around 20 years ago now. Saying that... so was the original Spawn film.

McFarlane is interesting as long as he gets the tone right. It's great when directors nail genres different to their origins.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by John Murdoch

Leech, I need to make a t-shirt with this image hahaha.

Yes!! laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Yeah, if the Reboot doesn't have Leguizamo in it, count me out!!

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by marwash22
I heard mcfarlane describing this on "geeking out" and it doesnt sound good.

He also said he had an oscar winner or nominee on board... Could be jamie foxx.

I remember when he first started trying to get this movie made. As a Spawn story his idea's sound terrible. As a different story or IP it sounds interesting. The animated series is perfect. If anything i'd say make a feature length anime for digital/blu-ray release.

Estacado
Yeah that whole horror concept was just meh...

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Ascendancy

Just kidding about La Salle.

And definitely not knocking Leguizamo; I think he's a fantastic actor. He was great in his supporting role in Chef a couple of years ago.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.